Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Garrosh = New Orc player model.

I made some comparison gifs after the other thread, and I'd be willing to bet this is a hint of the new player character model.

Semi-large gifs so I'm linking them.

First off is cry. Notice the face comparison. Old one is stagnant and barely animated. New one is MoP level

No emote. Notice the face AND the hand animation

Talk-Exclamation variant. Either heavily modified or downright brand new.

Talk-question variant. Obviously a newer animation.

Run is amazingly better. Slowed down version

Sprint animation puts the old one to shame. Slowed down version

Something that the old model doesn't have.

It's very telling about Blizzards progress on the player models. I think it's supremely obvious that this Garrosh model is based off the new Orc Player models, not so much because of what he would need as a raid boss like run and sprint obviously, but stuff that he really wouldn't need to animate like the cry and roll animations.

Unless the Raid is extremely cinematic with a lot of Garrosh talking and crying, this could either be a product of the Machinima/Cinematics team making a new model to go into their pretty ingame cutscene. (Unlikely, as they didn't make a new one for the Horde MoP intro cinematic, arguably a better time to do it.) Or we just got ourselves a taste of what to expect from the new PC models.
    Last edited by laughtrey; 2013-06-12 at 05:38 PM.

Deleted
    I agree with you.

On a side note, why not post it in the thread you already posted in on this topic?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think... I think... Looking at it...

Pretty sure he's using Pandaren animations.

Edit: At any rate, those animations are fucking excellent and I can only hope that all races are that caliber.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Similar animations, facial expressions and overall quality.

But the new orc models won't (hopefully) have arms twice as big as their heads, so no "Garrosh = New Orc player model".

The skeleton will probably be similar, with some different proportions and, maybe, a less hunched back.

Links are broken.

Deleted
    We already had hints of the new players models back from January.

When the new Zandalari Trolls from IoT were datamined in the PTR someone asked if these were the kind of art we should expect from new players models and a blue answered a classical Blizzard answer(ambiguous enough): "Sort of".

So I guess the only answer I got to "is this the new orc model?" is....sort of.

The run and sprint look quite intimidating

Deleted
    damn, those animations look nice, and they didn't even drastically change the 'old model' only added more polygons and more bones.

this amuses me

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post

Edit: At any rate, those animations are fucking excellent and I can only hope that all races are that caliber.
    I thought the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post

/no, /no it isn't.

Remember kids, don't do drugs.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, mention that it shows the old model then the new one.

You had me thrown for a loop thinking you were on drugs before I realized it.

Anyway, I suppose it's time to say RIP hunchless Orcs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Wow that sprint animation looks like he's about to go hulk mode on somebody, I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap! I had not noticed how much superior the new Garrosh model is over the old one! If that's what the new orc will look like I might actually "roll" one! #seewhatididthere?

Nice find, good thread!

Thank you for the comparisons. I like them a lot, but I do think it would've been better if you'd done a side-by-side comparison. Perhaps that would show the difference even better.

Also, the WoWhead Garrosh does have the normal talk, but there is an error with the loop that makes it include the /gasp and /question animations as well. But if you keep looking, /talk is there.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Dude, mention that it shows the old model then the new one.

You had me thrown for a loop thinking you were on drugs before I realized it.

Anyway, I suppose it's time to say RIP hunchless Orcs.
    Ya I was really hoping for an orc model using thralls skeleton.

Garrosh Hellscream, the orc with many forms. Seriously what is this the 4th time he has evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    /no, /no it isn't.

Remember kids, don't do drugs.
    I can see what viridianCC means even if it's not the exact same animations, the thing about blizzard and the model viewer is if you look at most models (especially humanoid ones) you will generally notice that all new creatures seem to be using the skeleton and model of an older creature but with a new skin over it (like sha-infused garrosh is the same model as cho'gall and rhyolith). this is also usually how you see more animations than the character will actually use when they're shown in game, because the animations already exist for the model and since it's just a new skin it carries over.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    Ya I was really hoping for an orc model using thralls skeleton.
    Well also the fact lore, up until WoW, only gave Peons hunches.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    The talk/question animation looked a lot like the Pandaren one. But they all looked pretty fudging awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Thank you for the comparisons. I like them a lot, but I do think it would've been better if you'd done a side-by-side comparison. Perhaps that would show the difference even better.

Also, the WoWhead Garrosh does have the normal talk, but there is an error with the loop that makes it include the /gasp and /question animations as well. But if you keep looking, /talk is there.
    I was going to do that, but most of them have a different amount of frames per animation, they wouldn't line up anyway.