Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    LFR itself would be barely any progress, that is the problem.[COLOR="red"]
    The best weapons and tier sets you can get now from lfr are 502. 20 points higher is pretty significant. There will be new trinkets, probably with some obnoxious procs on them.

Personally, it could stay at 502 for all I care. I'll run the new LFR stuff a bunch of times, consider it seen, and then go back to alt leveling mode. It's almost summer anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    New LFR with 521 ilvl would be great and solve it's main problem which is that regular raiders are 'forced' to do it for optimal gear
    LFR for gearing up alts and people who haven't done ToT normal seems like the right demography

Flex seems quite low though it should be higher than upgraded normal ToT and lower than hero ToT imo
    This is something I can agree with.

LFR = 521
    Flex = 532
    Flex (TF) = 540
    Normal = 543
    Normal (TF) = 551
    Heroic = 554
    Heroic (TF) = 562

What's wrong with this exactly?

At this point the latter of course is far more appropriate given the leap between the still current and previous tier. Also get rid of thunderforgeshit while at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Or, the compromise could be that LFR players stay happy with being able to run all the current content with the exact same gear but with lower item level. The new LFR will still be a significant upgrade from the previous LFR gear.

You don't want to run Normal/Heroic mode raids for better gear, just as I don't want to run LFR. So wouldn't the best compromise be to let people run whichever content they prefer, without feeling the need to run easier versions of the same content to find upgrades?
    I just don't like the idea of half of my gear having no real upgrades from a new raid dungeon. That just seems kind of... broken. Barring something like the legendary cloak, all gear I've had for ages should be replaced readily in a new place :x This basically works out as to punishing LFR players, and giving benefits to everyone else.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 03:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post

LFR = 521
    Flex = 532
    Flex (TF) = 540
    Normal = 543
    Normal (TF) = 551
    Heroic = 554
    Heroic (TF) = 562

LFR players with valor gear from this current tier will need nothing from the new LFR to replace their valor items.

Plus, I imagine Blizzard wants content to remain relevant to casual players longer, not shorter :x
    Last edited by Otimus; 2013-06-13 at 03:32 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post

LFR = 521
    Flex = 532
    Flex (TF) = 540
    Normal = 543
    Normal (TF) = 551
    Heroic = 554
    Heroic (TF) = 562

1. LFR gear has always (both DS and ToT) been above Normal gear from previous tier, not below
    2. I seriously doubt that Flex gear can be thunderforged
    3. The tier difference between Normal and Heroic is 13 ilvl, not 11.
    4. The difference of 21 ilvl between Normal gear and ToT normal gear is slightly too low
    Old Gods made me do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    1. LFR gear has always (both DS and ToT) been above Normal gear from previous tier, not below
    2. I seriously doubt that Flex gear can be thunderforged
    3. The tier difference between Normal and Heroic is 13 ilvl, not 11.
    4. The difference of 21 ilvl between Normal gear and ToT normal gear is slightly too low
    1) Things can change. Normal mode raiders hate it that LFR gives them upgrades. Besides, this is the final tier. Most likely 521 LFR gear would beat 522 normal ToT gear due to better socket bonuses, extra socket bonuses, better trinket procs (RPPM is fucking terrible).

2) Perhaps, but I see no reason why it can't be TF.

3) Fine, 556 for heroic loot then.

4) No it isn't. 21 item levels is normally 20 of a primary stat, not to mention as it's the final tier you'll be getting 3 secondary stats instead of 2 (look at legendary cloaks vs HC TF cloaks as reference).

The only reason why my "proposed" item levels are being objected against is because LFR heroes only care about loot. Heroic raiders do not, and to a lesser extent I imagine normal mode raiders don't care about their item level. The only ones crying over a "lower" or "less steep" item level gap are the LFR heroes. I really wish Blizzard would go with what they originally planned as it would work out better for the game overall. The game needs LESS gear scaling. Do you know the situation at the moment? Most agility users have around 50-60% crit raid buffed at the moment. My MW, fully crit gemmed, has 40% crit raid buffed. Most Mages (fully crit gemmed) have around 50% crit raid buffed. This just leads to absurd numbers as an end result.

Deleted
    What GC tweeted ofc. More stats so I can solo old content faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The best weapons and tier sets you can get now from lfr are 502. 20 points higher is pretty significant. There will be new trinkets, probably with some obnoxious procs on them.

Personally, it could stay at 502 for all I care. I'll run the new LFR stuff a bunch of times, consider it seen, and then go back to alt leveling mode. It's almost summer anyhow.
    Which is still less or around 50% of your gear. It should be 95% or 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Yes, but anyone who has run LFR fairly regularly already has 515-ish, and will be maxed out at ~530 in 2 months without going near normal mode.
    This is a gross exaggeration. There are 8x 522 valor pieces available for each class, 2 Crafted 522 items, 522 shoulders at exalted, and the rest (assuming they went nowhere near normals as you say) would be 5 slots of (at max) 510 gear. Mind you this would require this "fairly regular" LFR player to have farmed 13,000 valor to purchase each item (slightly less if 2pc from nalak) and upgrade all 16 items 2/2. as well as anywhere from 100,000g-200,000g to purchase the crafted items (depending on class/spec) and shoulders. This also assumes that the player is purposely avoiding their T15 4pc.

Even in this miraculous scenario, the MAXIMUM pre normal ilvl (BiS pre normals if you will) is 523.75, and you still have 5 slots to fill with huge upgrades from SoO LFR (weapons, 2nd trinket, T16, etc.)

Missing both crafted pieces, or picking up 4pc drops this to 521.25, and 7 slots to fill from SoO LFR.

Missing both crafted pieces & picking up 4pc drops the avg ilvl further to 518.75 with 9 slots to fill (Most likely scenario)

Assuming they pick up 4pc LFR T16, that creates 11 upgrades for the average-slightly above average target LFR player. Assuming that there are new valor/rep rewards in 5.4, you're looking at pretty much a full set of upgrades from 5.4 even with the lower ilvl from LFR. I don't see an issue.