Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Priests are way out of hand.

So far I've done 58 2v2 matches as a Hpala / BM hunter. Every loss is against a team with a Disc priest.

How on earth am I supposed to kill them? I actually managed to get one to 60% once.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes shadow priest need to be nerfed!...Wait what?

But seriously just cc the priest and kill the dps, a hunter and paladin has plenty of ccs.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Only lost to disc priest teams? omfg nerf hunter/holy pala plz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randoomer View Post
    Only lost to disc priest teams? omfg nerf hunter/holy pala plz
    Lost to others too of course. But 99% of them seem to be priest teams :P
    Hi

You beat their health down to nothing, then chain your ccs and interrupt them with they try hard casting and win.

Essentially you want to force them to try to hard cast and make sure both you and the hpala are on top of interrupts.

Your hunter obviously isnt going full retard hard enough.

But seriously, between hpally and hunter you can chain cc a disc nearly indefinitely. Scatter -> Trap -> silencing shot -> Fist of justice. 20 second cc chain every 30 seconds. If your hunter cant land kills with that, you got issues.

How is a BM hunter losing? :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    How is a BM hunter losing? :S
    I think it's because I'm playing with a guy who just dinged 90 and got honor gear, never played HPala or Healer in PvP, hasn't played since TBC and we didn't use Skype or such.

Was just the first day of Arena and after we got to around 1600 I was tired of the priest teams. Perhaps it goes better when we actually communicate and plan our CC :P

Double Ret is also a fun comp to face. Managed to beat some, but my god are their burst insane.
    Hi

Deleted
    Key words in this thread: 2v2, just dinged 90, honor gear, first day of arena, 1600 rating.

Yeah, blame the priest class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    haha I love the hunter hate(don't really) on practically every single thread now. Back to op - you should have enough cc's between you to manage, if not play the managame

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Key words in this thread: 2v2, just dinged 90, honor gear, first day of arena, 1600 rating.

Yeah, blame the priest class.
    Indeed, thanks for mentioning that in your opening post!

Your Paladin probably gets forced to bubble a lot earlier than he would using Malev/Tyranical and it's instantly Mass Dispelled. I imagine that's why you have faster losses. 1600 isn't super high, I usually play 16XX on my Holy Paladin and 17/1800 on my Disc for 2s caps without voice chat. Try to get some voice chat going on, talk about the teams you'll face in the ready room and do what you can. Your Paladin partner has a lot to learn about positioning, healing and CC chaining and it will not be easy until he gets some gear. I went from 85 gear to 90 over the course of a week (doing 2s with a guild Warlock, Warrior and DK to get Conquest and BGs in my down time) and it was funny when they didn't see my health and left me and hilarious when they did see my health and I had to kite like a bitch (or die).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    So far I've done 58 2v2 matches as a Hpala / BM hunter. Every loss is against a team with a Disc priest.

How on earth am I supposed to kill them? I actually managed to get one to 60% once.
    I think the biggest issue with Disc is Focused Will. I still don't understand why Blizzard hasn't nerfed this yet by, at a minimum, removing the "activates on any non-periodic critical" effect, but meh. Nothing I can do about that.
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiknee View Post
    I think the biggest issue with Disc is Focused Will. I still don't understand why Blizzard hasn't nerfed this yet by, at a minimum, removing the "activates on any non-periodic critical" effect, but meh. Nothing I can do about that.
    Focused will has been around for a long while now, it's definitely not game breaking.

Deleted
    As a hunter I don't see how yours can't solo him.

Don't worry guys, MM is going to be right up there with BM next patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

CC the disc timing your chains then go FULL HODOR on the DPS.

you can thank me later.

It's not hard for a Disc Priest to outheal a single Hunter. Stampede is laughable, they're only dangerous with full CDs up and one of those CDs got nerfed into uselessness.

And MM won't even be competitive.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Deleted
    It's not hard for a Disc Priest to outheal any class, except perhaps Unholy DK. That's hardly a knock on Hunters.
    Last edited by mmocf11091e3a8; 2013-06-14 at 06:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Ironicly this is the same thing that everyone was doing to the hunter class, now our special spell of the expansion is literally a waste of a button. Gotta love double standards. But dont worry, unlike most I wont go and cry on the official forums until a blue wipes my tears.

I personally think priests are pretty powerful, however they are essentially a BM hunters worst nightmare, large sustain and dots.
    You mean like void shift is to shadow priests?

What double standards? If there was any legitimate complains I wouldn't mind discussing them. The OP could be unlucky and get queued up against full geared and very experienced 3v3/5v5/RBG disc priests all day at 1500 rating (which is the mmr you start at), and simply get outgeared and outclassed all day. Would that make him annoyed about the priest class? Yes! But does it mean that disc priests are way out of hand? No! Because healers are close to immortal in 1v1 and 2v2 situations, especially when the OP was playing with a shitty geared holy paladin, who apparently has close to zero experience with the healer role. He could have played against any healer in that situation and still be super annoyed.
    Don't complain about 2v2. It's been broken since season 1, and it has only become worse ever since they removed the rewards from the bracket in season 6(?).

Yes discipline priests are strong, maybe too strong, but not outclassing other healers other than a tiny margin, and not anywhere near as strong as shamans at the beginning of Cataclysm and MoP.

As for shadow priests. If you still feel like they are too strong, maybe you should install patch 4.3 and get back to live realms.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2013-06-14 at 11:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll soon be done with 2v2 once I have full Conq gear, so I can have fun in normal bgs. The rated scene isn't really enjoyable.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2013-06-14 at 09:08 PM.
    Hi