Poll: What will you reroll in 5.4?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Apom View Post
    Yeah I rolled lock in MOP because I liked how they work(ed) in MOP. Oh god forgive my sin...
    Just reroll then, we don't take fotm rerollers well. =\

It's not that big of a deal. We were good in PvP before MoP and KJC.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Damn you kid for rolling a class you find interesting and then rerolling when they remove the element of that class you found interesting.

/sarcasm

I hear you bro! The only thing that will keep me playing my lock right now is sadly the s14 gear. Its so damn delicious that i simply must have it.
    It wont be my main anymore tho since i mostly play 2v2 and affliction is beyond horrible in 2v2 currently and with the KJC getting gutted we will
    suck even more in 2v2 (even if it shouldnt be possible to suck more than currently tbh)...
    We're better in 2v2 now than we've been since Wrath. How are you complaining about this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    We're better in 2v2 now than we've been since Wrath. How are you complaining about this?
    Past expansions means nothing to me. Im only interested in the current expansion.
    Im playing affliction in 2v2 and its pretty horrible. Knowing that i was good 400 seasons ago (obvious exaggeration if you didnt catch that)
    doesnt make me feel better about my current situation. Congratz if you do!

Warlocks needed the PVE dps nerf and Blizzard doesn't like when classes are only choosing 1 talent in a tier.

Suck it up warlocks and learn to play.

Infracted
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-06-13 at 08:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    Warlocks needed the PVE dps nerf and Blizzard doesn't like when classes are only choosing 1 talent in a tier.

Thanks Mr 1500 rating

Deleted
    Why such a big nerf, why not just double the speed penalty for using it. Seems a bit brutal, it was overpowered, just power it down to where its acceptable rather than nerf it through the floor. Hopefully the change wont make it onto live......

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Thanks Mr 1500 rating
    I can guarantee I've been over 1000 rating higher than you in all 3 brackets.

edit: I commented on warlocks PVE viability being OTT, nothing about how they're doing in pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    Umm, seriously? How did you play warlock before MoP? You didn't have KJC or MF there.
    Oh wait, you didn't.
    So damn obvious how MoP kids reroll their fotm classes every time they're no longer easy to win with classes....
    Kids and kids.. Hm, not really. Clearly you Dont play a Warlock, in case you did not know this, our three SPECS were changed when MoP came. And with it KJC came.
    If they delete KJC as they are going to do, we can't play Affli. We can't play afflicion and move at the same time, the SPEC wont let us, since it will be even worse then playing a Frostmage in PvE.

OT; I will still play my class

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lol overreaction ftw.
    Overreaction or not, it's the truth. I don't know if you play a Warlock or not, if I were to guess, you don't.

I'm just gonna give you a example (Since I'm a PvE'er and I play end-game); The Durumu fight on Heroic, if you know the fight on Heroic, you know that there isn't really much "STAND STILL" time on this boss, there is time. Sure. But a Affli lock on this fight would be useless to bring, if we can't cast MG while we run.

Think what you want, overreaction, whining about changes. However I like changes, but this, in it current state on the PTR will NEVER hit live servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll stick to my mage, even though I love destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard View Post
    But it seems like it is completely acceptable for hunters to do it, cause it is their niche apparently. MoP changed the game, their is a megaton of crap to stay out of now. Hell just doing daily quests on the Isle you run into countless abilities that require you move. Hunter playstyle, e.g. dpsing on the move should be brought in line with the rest of ranged dps, not removed.
    No, They should be not. Hunters are not casters. Just think for a sec before you post. How much time do you need to pull a trigger? Can people shoot while running?, Of course they can. Can casters cast a fireball while running?, No. they can't. You have to stop for a sec to do the casting, that's why you called them "casters". You have chosen to play a caster, adapt to it.

10+ Year Old Account

Learn to play what, exactly? This is a massive playstyle change, going against what Blizzard promised for such a minor patch, and in my view, a regression of the game's playstyle. Just blurting out "l2p" doesn't really do much to address the fact that Blizzard can find better ways to deal with the ability if its OP in PVE than reducing it to some lame CD.

As for Blizzard's opinion on classes choosing just 1 talent (if they are indeed), then re-design the other two talents. KJC is not fundamentally broken, so why must it go? Why not improve the lacklustre talents, if they must base design on sheer numbers?

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    No, They should be not. Hunters are not casters. Just think for a sec before you post. How much time do you need to pull a trigger? Can people shoot while running?, Of course they can. Can casters cast a fireball while running?, No. they can't. You have to stop for a sec to do the casting, that's why you called them "casters". You have chosen to play a caster, adapt to it.
    I am not sure what you're trying to argue here. Casting just means throwing something at someone, thus the phrase casting a spell. It doesn't imply one must remain immobile. Immobility, armour restrictions, concentration checks etc. (pushback in WoW) are relics from D&D, which even D&D has rid itself of. Casting involves channelling energy ultimately, and there's no reason you cannot do that on the move, although some games may have lore to explain why. They are not rules written in any sacred tablets, anywhere. I am also dubious as to how easy it is to simply run and shoot, you often have to remain static to take aim.

Adapt to the fact that you are wrong on what it means to be a caster. Many games have shirked off what you think is essential to being one, and for good reason, and WoW also has an evolving definition of it. They were only ever balancing mechanics because of how D&D was designed. I understand that some people like the move-and-cast model and others don't, and I am sure Blizzard could try to accommodate both styles by re-designing KJC to impair spell damage somewhat for the benefit of greater mobility.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2013-06-13 at 08:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    Umm, seriously? How did you play warlock before MoP? You didn't have KJC or MF there.
    Oh wait, you didn't.
    So damn obvious how MoP kids reroll their fotm classes every time they're no longer easy to win with classes....
    Personally couldn't care less how things effect pvp but in PvE as far as Affliction goes: Before MoP you could all but ignore mastery and concentrate solely on haste and crit as your stat priorities meaning it didn't put too much down time on your dots or filler (shadow bolts) but when MoP went live they made mastery a heavily required stat for Affliction as well as giving the spec a drain filler in malefic grasp.

Never had much of a problem moving on my lock before MoP and the introduction of KJC but I put that down to most having stupid haste amounts and the fact you could get your dots up and shadow bolts off in quick succession in between movements where as now believe it or not having a hard cast on unstable affliction can be brutal if you are out of shards for instant application through soul burn: soul swap even with a high haste rating unless you glyphed it but even then, yes even then it can feel horrible in certain situations (note I said CERTAIN situations not all.) *Sorry for emphasizing but a lot of people have a habit of reading half or what people write.*

So having the ability to move while manually casting dots and then your filler has been a bit of a dream for raiding where as now it's gonna get stupid again, especially on fights like Ji-kun and Durumu where most guilds take advantage of those with the ability to cast and move to maintain up time on the damage of the boss over those who need to just move and forget hitting the boss so they don't die and get shouted at for it because lets face it, there's a lot of dps monkeys in this game now who will spend more time hitting a boss then moving when they're supposed to hence half the deaths you still get on those fights in LFR never mind the guys who are still learning the fights on normal or heroic and looking down the barrel of an enrage timer, this isn't everyone I know but trying to explain my point from all angles before the usual post comes a long with "another whiner here".

Guess it's gonna be a case of wait and see but from my own most likely biased point of view I'm not overly loving what blizz keeps doing to warlocks, been playing this class since vanilla so have seen a lot of changes to the classes and races in general but for some reason in the last couple expansions warlocks have become ghostcrawlers whipping boys for one reason or another.

Not gonna be rerolling but that's because I've stuck it out 8yrs and love the class (and especially Affliction spec) too much to play anything else. Is a shame though because it was the only lvl90 worth having, now they all just gonna suck...

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Learn to play what, exactly? This is a massive playstyle change, going against what Blizzard promised for such a minor patch, and in my view, a regression of the game's playstyle. Just blurting out "l2p" doesn't really do much to address the fact that Blizzard can find better ways to deal with the ability if its OP in PVE than reducing it to some lame CD.

As for Blizzard's opinion on classes choosing just 1 talent (if they are indeed), then re-design the other two talents. KJC is not fundamentally broken, so why must it go? Why not improve the lacklustre talents, if they must base design on sheer numbers?

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 09:05 PM ----------

I am not sure what you're trying to argue here. Casting just means throwing something at someone. It doesn't imply one must remain immobile. Immobility, armour restrictions, concentration checks etc. (pushback in WoW) are relics from D&D, which even D&D has rid itself of. They are not written in any sacred tablets, anywhere. I am also dubious as to how easy it is to simply run and shoot, you often have to remain static to take aim.

Adapt to the fact that you are wrong on what it means to be a caster. Many games have shirked off what you think is essential to being one, and for good reason. They were only ever balancing mechanics because of how D&D was designed.

Immobility, armour restrictions ? L2P warlock as ppl did play before KJC. No, you are proly just one of those rerollers fotm. And yes I play a warlock and I don't give a s... about that change if goes live, I am still good at it.

I will never trade my feral or my warlock for anything, no matter the bad times we may be through.

Deleted
    I can guarantee I've been over 1000 rating higher than you in all 3 brackets.

edit: I commented on warlocks PVE viability being OTT, nothing about how they're doing in pvp.
    I find it hard to believe that youve been 3000 in 2v2 and 3500 in 3v3. That only leaves 1000 rating in 5v5. I believe that

10+ Year Old Account
    Let the FoTM people re-roll. Then the only locks will be the ones who have been a warlock because they truly enjoy the class. The dynamics, the lore, the quality and the play style. We will be better represented and therefor sought after.
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirri View Post
    The playstyle that shouldnt have been there in the first place even. It was too overpowered and needed to be toned down a bit (maybe with a greater penalty to movement or casting time increase). Imo blizz went a bit too far though and gutted the talent. Guess warlocks will have to learn how to play without the "0% dps penalty to movement" crutch.
    They took the only real casting class and broke them again just like all the others. They just needed to make it like every other game out on the market, where you can cast while moving, but you get a movement penalty. I hate how boring ranged are because all you do is sit there and spam. This is why I like Melee soo much, I love running around and jumping it makes me feel more involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is terrible to see all the outrageous haters here. I have mained a total of 3 classes since vanilla so I really dont get this FOTM reroller shit. Yes I have been better at pvp, I have been heroic raider and whatnot. Now I play with my wife and foster kids on the forums.
    By the way you know, rolling characters is a part of this game. Maybe some 8years-into-one-class-apathy-posters no longer realise it. The rest are just trolls.
    Admit it or not it aint no l2p issue but a damaging change.
    And let me remind all those masochistic pre-mop warlocks who seem to be happy with the change: the warlock class has been totally revamped for this expansion.
    How do you compare?
    Last edited by Apom; 2013-06-13 at 08:43 PM.