Holy: do you even use "Heal"?

It feels a little weird in a rotation.
    Do you use it, or do you just skip it when you have high enough spirit?
    I'm 88 currently, so not everything you do might work for me, but I just want to be sure what it's like @ 90.
    Also, I could reforge (when I'm 90) spirit to something more useful, have less mana regen and use "Heal" a lot.
    Or I could reforge other stats to spirit, to the point where I can use Flash nearly as much as I could "heal" with less spirit, which is the way to go?
    I used to be resto dudu, so it's a little weird for me.

If you ever have to do really efficient single target heals. But usually never, single flash heal procs serendipity and greater heal procs divine insight so they end up being better regardless.

I tend to use heal when there is low raid damage and moderate tank damage or to top single people up. If you are in Serenity Chakra it also refreshes your renew. I don't use it that often but it usually does find its way into my rotation.
    For dungeons you can basically just keep renew on the tank and cast heal to refresh it using holy word as needed. But if there is any aoe damage going on your better off to be in Sanctuary and just cast your aoe heals off the tank rather than casting flash heal or heal. Flash heal is high mana cost so I wouldn't recommend using it too often even with high amounts of spirit.
    As for reforging your spirit I'd advise against it for holy, spirit is definitely one of our best stats.
    Thanks to Shyama for my beautiful signature
    Naobí 2/7 Mythic

In 5mans, specially when you're still gearing up, you might find yourself using Heal as your go-to healing spell, since casting Greater Heal might be a little hard on your mana for chain pulls. Once you're geared, when you're raiding lfr, regular or heroics, you probably wont have to cast heal at all. It's not even on my bars anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not that much in 25man, but when there is almost no damage going out I use it as a filler on the MT.

I use heal when all of these are fulfilled...
    - I am not in the red chakra, and switching to it would be a bad idea
    - Mana is not tight right now, but expected to be tight in the future, so I shouldn't waste mana
    - I am somewhat bored due to low raid damage
    - One tank is taking notable damage and I should probably help out on it, but don't really have to.

Frankly, Heal is a bastard ability in the holypiest toolbox. It's just not a great heal, as it is balanced up against Greater Heal, which isn't that good either. As a holypriest you usually want to use Flash Heal, Binding Heal, Guardian Spirit or Void Swap for spot or tank healing, or if you happen to be in the yellow chakra: renew or serenity. If that isn't warranted, you are usually far better off using your aoe healing toolkit, and leave the spot/tank healing to everyone else. of course, that statement must be moderated a bit in a 10man situation, but still.

Greater Heal just isn't sustainable to use much. Heal is perfectly sustainable, but you're not going to do any good healing if you stick to it much. Heal is healing for a decent amount it it crits, by all means, but it's not something that will make you pull your weight. It's for fillers. And it's really only something you cast when you really don't have to. It's the perfect heal for situations you would be healing with atonement as disc (thinking back in the days where atonement was for low mode healing), or could heal using smite chakra + smite + fdcl procs.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Heal tends to have a place early on in expansion when mana is a bit tighter, but quickly falls out of use once spirit catches up and we get a bit of raid gear. It's been that way for me the past two xpacs anyway, although I've never used it as much as I did back in BoT and BWD. Danner's points are good, and that's pretty much when I would use it also.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heal don't procc Serendipity or DI, so that is another reason the spell feels lackluster, besides it being tiny and slooooow. We don't have any benefits from it, like Tidal Waves, hasted procc or anything.

I agree, it's a "lvl up in dungeons with poor gears spell" or "gosh I am bored, maybe I should cast something on the tank until he starts taking real dmg".