Thread: demo ---> 5.4

Deleted

demo ---> 5.4

looking at the nerf to kjc and the good setbonuses for demo.could this end up being the best spec . would rly love it as i recently got green fire and the spec is already quite good at moment fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortaz View Post
    looking at the nerf to kjc and the good setbonuses for demo.could this end up being the best spec . would rly love it as i recently got green fire and the spec is already quite good at moment fights.
    Ain't it already the best spec?

Aff seems to be slightly higher single target, but in general Demo feels really strong this tier.

Deleted
    In the current state, Demo will probably be the best spec for most of the fights in 5.4. T16 Set is great but i'm pretty sure there will be an ICD for both of the proccs. So to all of you guys dreaming of 6x stacked SF: not going to happen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRidi View Post
    In the current state, Demo will probably be the best spec for most of the fights in 5.4. T16 Set is great but i'm pretty sure there will be an ICD for both of the proccs. So to all of you guys dreaming of 6x stacked SF: not going to happen
    Okay, how about 5 stacks then? "

Deleted
    thought that it was more like it could only stack twice? tho with the set bonus the uptime on it would be higher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Okay, how about 5 stacks then? "
    I'd love that tbh

Think of that in AoE situations. Immo Aura + ToC spam and endless HoG proccs.

On PTR 4 piece bonus has no ICD and shadowflame has a max stack of 3. With enough luck you could roll that for a good while

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    On PTR 4 piece bonus has no ICD and shadowflame has a max stack of 3. With enough luck you could roll that for a good while
    Even with the cap, the bonus is sick in multi target fights

Deleted
    Sounds pretty OP, with that you would have insane up time on trinkets too right?

- Oh and currently on live you can get up to 3 stacks, ( HoF when attacking the bugs that reflect it allows you to stack it 3 times)
    Last edited by mmoc34d27e0f9b; 2013-06-13 at 01:03 PM.

I'm 99.9% sure the numbers on the set bonuses are not fixed. So ignore them from a numbers standpoint for now. (keep in mind 5.4 live is likely 2-3 months away) That said the KJC thing is going to hurt a lot BUT will hurt dest and especialy aff more than demo. I'm hoping the MF thing doesn't stick, its kinda stupid. That said the mobility demo will offer compared to the other specs will put it ahead in most "real world" situations. I'm also 99% sure there is going to be a nerf regarding UVLS and demo in some way. So regardless of what aff or dest sim for in a patcherk type fight I think demo's mobility is going to make it our functional mainspec champion. Unless for some odd reason all the 5.4 bosses are very low mobility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    I'm 99.9% sure the numbers on the set bonuses are not fixed. So ignore them from a numbers standpoint for now. (keep in mind 5.4 live is likely 2-3 months away) That said the KJC thing is going to hurt a lot BUT will hurt dest and especialy aff more than demo. I'm hoping the MF thing doesn't stick, its kinda stupid. That said the mobility demo will offer compared to the other specs will put it ahead in most "real world" situations. I'm also 99% sure there is going to be a nerf regarding UVLS and demo in some way. So regardless of what aff or dest sim for in a patcherk type fight I think demo's mobility is going to make it our functional mainspec champion. Unless for some odd reason all the 5.4 bosses are very low mobility.
    that depends entirely on what kind of compensation aff and destro will get, assuming blizz isnt lying about afflic and destro being compensated. i can certainly see a potentialy big buff to our dots in 5.4, but we'll see, knowing blizz, they'll prolly 4get all about it by 5.4 is released. demo as it is currently will be very strong in 5.4, hopefully there wont be any nerfs to UVLS, cant really see that happening, as it is a trinket that litterally makes or breaks the spec. ofc if they would change Doom to generate a wild imp every time it does dmg instead of every time it crits, then the UVLS will be fairly pointless to use and that should be the way to go.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-06-14 at 12:11 AM.

Deleted
    Will using the shadow bolt glyph be worth it to increase the chance per spellcast to proc the setbonus with shadowbolts? Assuming they all count as separate hits of shadowbolt.
    Last edited by mmoc367d484ee1; 2013-06-14 at 10:09 AM.

Yep. Good chance ill never play aff again. Demo is the way to go for best overall experience with the loss of kc

Quote Originally Posted by Denash View Post
    Will using the shadow bolt glyph be worth it to increase the chance per spellcast to proc the setbonus with shadowbolts? Assuming they all count as separate hits of shadowbolt.
    I've had the glyph of shadow bolt summon 2 HoG.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRidi View Post
    Doubt it, they seem to like their RPPM model and AFAIK current set bonuses that add damage increase in some manner have no ICD.