Simcraft stat confusion

If I understand what I've read on here then destro GoSup single target is Haste > Mastery. Multiple target is Mastery > Haste. Now the simcraft runs a patchwork simulation fight, but most fights in TOT are not single target fights. So how do I simulate a TOT style fight using simcraft?

Deleted
    So how do I simulate a TOT style fight using simcraft?

You pretty much cant, rule of thumb all fights with a dmg increase phase that you can pool embers on beforehand mastery is usually the best.

Ok Thanks. The stat issue for me is using simcraft for a patchwork style fight says stack mass haste. If I add mastery for TOT fights then my results are going to get worse in simcraft. I'm trying to find a good balance between the 2 stats and a way to test for results. Any ideas? I would link my armory, but I'm not able too yet.

Deleted
    Also question, I have 57% mastery and 11k haste as destro atm, should I reforge some haste in mastery or? I have metagem and shadopan/che trinket.

@Jola1: Your stat weights depend on the fights you are doing. If you are Destro only on fights where you swim in Embers (like Horridon or Primordius), or where you need heavy AoE (like Durumu-hc), then you'll want to focus on Mastery. Destro has no real Haste breakpoints to go for, so it's difficult to "strike a balance". I would recommend going for whatever Haste breakpoint you want for your offspec, then going Mastery afterward.

@howaboutno: Go for Haste breakpoints. One is around ~8100, the other around 14k or something. Look up the exact values in one of the many threads dealing with the subject. It's usually not terribly beneficial to stack Haste outside of breakpoints, go for Mastery instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jola1 View Post
    So how do I simulate a TOT style fight using simcraft?
    Simcraft supports a variety of raid_events to have ToT style fights[1]. An easy way for something like Horridon is the fight_style HecticAddCleave (you can select it from the options tab): This gives you regular add spawns (and their demise). Or you can just increase the number of enemies in the options tab. 2 would be last phase of the twins encounter. 4 would be the start of the council.

There is a very tiny caveat: the 530-3 has a small bug with raid_events, the next release has it fixed but it will be available in a couple of days.

1: https://code.google.com/p/simulation...iki/RaidEvents

I'm Destro only right now. I'll set up Afllic as a offspec later on. Thank you for the help. I'll give it a try.

I tried to run simcraft with the HecticAddCleave, but it keeps crashing. It runs fine with patchwork style though. I re-gemed using the guide on this site for simcraft and now simcraft is showing that haste is better then int. Odd.

Stat wghts
    5.22 int
    2.88 crit
    3.69 haste
    2.52 mastery

So if I believe the new weights my gems are all wrong now.

Simcraft can't really accommodate for all the fight-specific mechanics and situations you encounter in ToT. While haste may be the best stat according to Simcraft, several encounters let you swim in Embers (Horridon, Primordius) and that isn't exactly something you can accurately sim. For those encounters Mastery is far better. The same is true for encounters with heavy AoE (the two mentioned before, also Tortos and Durumu-hc).

You can't trust Simcraft blindly. It's a great tool to get a general idea, but you always have to keep in mind what you are actually doing in real raiding. For example, if you are doing progression on a certain boss, it may be beneficial to gem/reforge around that boss specifically (like going heavy Mastery on Horridon-hc). Even when farming, there's usually bosses where you struggle more or less, and you can set your "compromise" gems/reforges accordingly. Your offspec also matters in that, of course.