Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

As an Arms warrior Tier 15 Bis 189k dps wtf

Arms warrior tier 15 bis damage is 189k and depending on fights but come on man we have mages that are like 65k more dps than us... I know there are range class but really blizzard. Do they see arms warrior ok in PvE? i dont

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Furys pull higher numbers. I still see Arms --> PvP | Fury --> PvE. They may have gotten closer to each other, but Fury is with BiS Gear still more viable then Arms.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arms doesn't really need to be an amazing spec, it just needs SOME purpose. If it was still a top tier cleave spec, that would at least give us reason to use it.

Arms is garbage. Blizzard will never fix arms to be viable.

Solution: Don't be arms.

No worries Gurthalak and fury nerfs will come along for 5.4 to safe arms ,D. And yes they obviously see it as fine.
    We think Arms is pretty competitive, but most warriors still go Fury, which creates a sampling bias making Arms appear lower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    No worries Gurthalak and fury nerfs will come along for 5.4 to safe arms ,D. And yes they obviously see it as fine.
    Blizzard are morons, what's new.

Arms needs to take back its spot as a strong cleave spec.

Deleted
    Every time I'm playing combat on my rogue and pop blade flurry, which is awesome now, I cry a little inside thinking about how bad sweeping strikes is in comparison. Either they need to beef the damage, or reduce the rage cost, as it stands sweeping strikes is but a pale shadow of its former glory. (vanilla reck sweep+cleave execute anyone?)

Quote Originally Posted by Twansition View Post
    Arms doesn't really need to be an amazing spec, it just needs SOME purpose. If it was still a top tier cleave spec, that would at least give us reason to use it.
    Couldn't have put it better myself, the spec has no special purpose or trademark anymore (those used to be 50% MS long ago, REAL and dangerous burst, 2 target cleave, all of which has been watered down and given out to other specs).

Arms has been trimmed down to be nothing but a bare-bones melee spec with no real special traits and with below average damage in both pvp and pve, and also brings low CC and utility to the table (hi ret, hi rogues). The spec needs butter on it's bread, something to make it stand out distinctly between other melee specs.
    Last edited by mmocb85ed37187; 2013-05-28 at 10:21 PM.

Guys, warrior have 3 specs..

1. Prot for tanking
    2. Fury for whacking
    3. Arms for ranking

my guild's arms warrior did 110k (my fury did 160k) and got ranked (I didn't)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3815&e=4313
    Last edited by senturion; 2013-05-28 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    Guys, warrior have 3 specs..

1. Prot for tanking
    2. Fury for whacking
    3. Arms for ranking

my guild's arms warrior did 110k (my fury did 160k) and got ranked (I didn't)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3815&e=4313
    You just don't see many arms warriors in raiding at the moment so it's easier to rank cos there is way less competition. I believe that sub rogues and maybe mm hunters are the only other 2 specs that would be close in terms of low level of representation. No offense to your arms warrior intended, but there are that few arms logs on that fight for example that as long as you show up to the fight and don't die you're going to be top 300, do an average job and you'd be top 200.

Arms representation is really really low, but I'm not sure that sampling bias is enough to explain the gap between fury and arms. There's a gap in the sims and a gap in the log data. Everyone knows there's a gap there, if Blizz want to increase arms representation they need to either tweak the numbers so arms is within reach of fury, or maybe give arms a slightly different niche where arms has superior survivability. Make fury the reckless berserker, that can dish out more damage perhaps, but takes a bit more damage on the flipside, whilst making arms the more surgical striker that may deal slightly less damage than fury but is more precise and able to mitigate or avoid some incoming damage as a result.

There needs to be a compelling reason to play arms for players and I don't think that's there at the moment. At the moment, you choose a warrior to play a DPS role in your raid team. You can choose spec A or spec B. Spec A and Spec B are identical besides that Spec B will only ever do 80% of the damage that Spec A does. A reasoned person will take spec A every time.

Leishen rank limit for arms is 90k. lol. Anyway, our "arms" warrior (he has H TF one handers that is in his bags) is one of the better warriors this tier in my opinion. You should see his fury logs. He did tell me that arms is under rated especially at lower Ilevels. So definitely some sampling bias but overall agree that fury is the optimal PVE spec.

Would be cool if they make arms the ranged spec for warrior. You know those Chinese kungfu movies were their swords can fly and swirl around the wielder? That'd be cool. Druids have boomy and feral so ranged spec for warrior sounds feasible.
    Last edited by senturion; 2013-05-29 at 02:28 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would be cool if they make arms the ranged spec for warrior. You know those Chinese kungfu movies were their swords can fly and swirl around the wielder? That'd be cool. Druids have boomy and feral so ranged spec for warrior sounds feasible.
    Or they could just make the spec not suck, that would be great. In fact, they could go one step further and make the entire class not be mediocre. That would be be pretty awesome.

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overa...14/60/default/

Don't worry.. Look at last 14 day data.. We are moving (fury) toward bottom 5 soon.. They'd buff us then

Deleted
    http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overa...14/60/default/

Don't worry.. Look at last 14 day data.. We are moving (fury) toward bottom 5 soon.. They'd buff us then
    Sometimes I wonder if that's where GC actually wants to see us.. he definitely has no love for the warrior class, since were talking about the same guy who said, and I quote:

GC: "Arms is pretty competative".

And yes, he was actually referring to Arms pve performance in T15..

I heard that they are going to further buff monks. That's the benefit of collective whining..

He did tell me that arms is under rated especially at lower Ilevels. So definitely some sampling bias but overall agree that fury is the optimal PVE spec.
    I found arms to be quite good in the first tier of raiding. I probably stayed arms for a lot longer than most due largely to some terrible luck on weapon drops. The problem with arms is that as the gear gets better fury starts to pull ahead to the point where in 522 and above gear the gap is so large that if you have a choice between fury and arms (eg. have weapons available) then you're holding yourself back by not switching to fury. Makes me sad cos I have a soft spot for arms

Quote Originally Posted by Redhawke View Post
    Arms warrior tier 15 bis damage is 189k and depending on fights but come on man we have mages that are like 65k more dps than us... I know there are range class but really blizzard. Do they see arms warrior ok in PvE? i dont
    You would be an idiot to play arms in PvE.

Always wished arms could get a buff.. Gives me an incentive to learn that spec. I can't tank and I can't arms. I'm pure fury... Since level 1, till 90, from ilevel 1 to ilevel 530.

Even in pvp...

Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    I found arms to be quite good in the first tier of raiding. I probably stayed arms for a lot longer than most due largely to some terrible luck on weapon drops. The problem with arms is that as the gear gets better fury starts to pull ahead to the point where in 522 and above gear the gap is so large that if you have a choice between fury and arms (eg. have weapons available) then you're holding yourself back by not switching to fury. Makes me sad cos I have a soft spot for arms

Back on the special bus, please.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-05-29 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Furys pull higher numbers. I still see Arms --> PvP | Fury --> PvE. They may have gotten closer to each other, but Fury is with BiS Gear still more viable then Arms.
    I still see it this way as well.

I also think they can't buff Arms too much without making it OP in PVP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    They can't touch arms in pve. But we all knew that.
    Go fury, problem solved? Much more rewarding spec to play anyway while whacking.