Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Golden Lotus "Daily Bosses" are now Rares

Was messing around as much I could on the PTR-- what with DCing every few seconds-- and bumped into three new rares. I recognized one and did some light seraching-- all three used to be Golden Lotus daily bosses.

I present: the new Baolai the Immolater, General Temuja and Gochao the Ironfist.

There's likely to be more. At the time, they have no drops and their health is much lower than a standard rare (~2 million as opposed to ~4 million)

One did drop the new Blacksmithing patterns, but that is a world drop / fluke.

Album with a few locations here.

On a lore note, the Mogu are locked in brutal combat with the new Sha in the area. General Temuja in particular seems to be amassing an army near them.

Imgur link to Mogu rares.

And here's something else I found...

Beast Lore indicates he will be tameable, but at the time he's too high level. In case image isn't high enough quality, it is a sha-styled recoloration of Skoll the Spirit Beast.

Sahn Tidehunter hasn't moved from his new 5.3 location, despite his area being now quite riddled with Sha energy.

I was unable to find Yorik Sharpeye at his usual spot, but seeing as Sahn hasn't moved, I have to assume he won't either.

Brought to you by Viri, who DCed approximately a million times to bring you this :P

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 08:25 AM ----------

Found another handful of rares. I'm starting to imagine they won't be "rare" in the traditional sense and more simply exist so the One Man Army achievement will still be obtainable, but of course they may eventually have an increased drop chance of, say, skyshards.

Shadowmaster Sydow

Gaohun the Soul Severer

Kri'chon

Quid. Notably, location changed a ton.

Vyraxxis
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are removing Golden Lotus dailies, since the area is becoming destroyed. I read the news, saw the pictures, and oddly enough felt sort of sad. I can't explain it, but since we've moved on from the need to do those dailies, I stopped hating them and just enjoyed them for additional content.

Just hit 90 on a new alt and I've been doing the dailies out there, but it's going to be kinda weird to not have them anymore. I understand people want things like this, to keep the game feeling fresh and dynamic, but there's an old school part of me that never, ever wants this stuff to change.

And it really isn't going to make sense if they just rebuild everything and have the same dailies again. Kinda makes me feel like I should have never taken time off from the game lest I miss out on content that won't last forever. Most people won't share my opinion, but yeah...kinda sad about this.

Going to go home and do a round of GL dailies and pour one out for those pandas.
    BAD WOLF

May have to do with the "One Many Army" achievement which asks you to kill various quest mobs around the Vale, some of which spawn randomly and only on certain days.

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7317
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Really nice find, but i wonder are they faction tag rares like isle of thunder ones ? Or personal tag like the pandaria rares ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Really nice find, but i wonder are they faction tag rares like isle of thunder ones ? Or personal tag like the pandaria rares ?
    Despite the fancy silver tag they still don't drop any special loot, and re-spawn within a few minutes like usual quest mobs.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    So far they are very incomplete and don't drop anything to make them worth even faction tagging. We may see in a future build...

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    They are removing Golden Lotus dailies, since the area is becoming destroyed. I read the news, saw the pictures, and oddly enough felt sort of sad. I can't explain it, but since we've moved on from the need to do those dailies, I stopped hating them and just enjoyed them for additional content.

Just hit 90 on a new alt and I've been doing the dailies out there, but it's going to be kinda weird to not have them anymore. I understand people want things like this, to keep the game feeling fresh and dynamic, but there's an old school part of me that never, ever wants this stuff to change.

And it really isn't going to make sense if they just rebuild everything and have the same dailies again. Kinda makes me feel like I should have never taken time off from the game lest I miss out on content that won't last forever. Most people won't share my opinion, but yeah...kinda sad about this.

Going to go home and do a round of GL dailies and pour one out for those pandas.
    It's really heartbreaking to see the devastation. There's several subzones completely littered with the corpses of slain Golden Lotus. The Horde fucked this place up bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    May have to do with the "One Many Army" achievement which asks you to kill various quest mobs around the Vale, some of which spawn randomly and only on certain days.

Already updated and in the OP along with a few more I stumbled into as I got more curious.

Another notable thing, the Mogu seem to have completely retaken Guo-Lai Hall and abandoned the Golden Stair (which is covered in the corpses of slain Mogu, Quilen, their cloud serpents and stone constructs).

watching what is happening to the Vale, I have NEVER wanted to see a horde leader dead more than Garrosh. I have always held the horde in respect. I cringed at the thought of "bringing war back to Azeroth", I liked the idea of the factions building bridges rather than burning them, but this....

I want Garrosh DEAD for the desecration of such a sacred place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinkuu View Post
    watching what is happening to the Vale, I have NEVER wanted to see a horde leader dead more than Garrosh. I have always held the horde in respect. I cringed at the thought of "bringing war back to Azeroth", I liked the idea of the factions building bridges rather than burning them, but this....

I want Garrosh DEAD for the desecration of such a sacred place.
    It's weird too, because his actions (even though he isn't real) are removing a piece of the game we've been playing. I imagine we'll never be able to play it again. This isn't like Deathwing where they just rebuilt a whole world to revamp questing, this is destroying new and relevant content to serve the story.

It's horrible and brilliant.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Nice find, will change up some things

Soooo.... With Other factions being reliant on Golden Lotus Rep (August Celestials, etc) how are people going ot progress with those other Reps???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So..will it be phased for new players or gone forever..Like..if you pick up the game in december, no Golden Lotus? No way to get exhalted if you cared? No way to unlock AC and Shado Pan?
    I believe they removed the prereq of GL to do the other factions before now. I can pick up the quest on my new alts even though I haven't gotten the old rep with GL...unless I'm just hallucinating.

Though it does seem they are removing Golden Lotus forever. So no, you won't be able to get all of the achievments and items associtated with them. Kinda...sucks a lot...but a lot of people want dynamic/one time content like that. I don't, but it's probably better to keep the game interesting. Idk, can't please everyone.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I wonder if there will be new faction dedicated to purge vale, and replace lack of GL dailies. The terrain changes seem too serious to be done just for pre-raid immersion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post

What actually happens with the other achievements concerning the Golden Lotus dailies?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxyboo View Post
    Soooo.... With Other factions being reliant on Golden Lotus Rep (August Celestials, etc) how are people going ot progress with those other Reps???
    In patch 5.3 they removed they disassociated the GL rep from any other rep. So even with GL totallu gone you can still do Shadow-Pan and AC reps.

Deleted
    That requirement got removed with 5.3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shado-Pan and Celestials were ungated from the Golden Lotus in 5.3, likely in preparation for the Vale's corruption in 5.4.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Shengar View Post
    What actually happens with the other achievements concerning the Golden Lotus dailies?
    One can presume they might be gone, but to the best of my knowledge nobody knows anything for sure at this point. For all we know GL rep will continue and it will just be moved to a new location with a few new quest givers and some alteration for quests like the swimming ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I'll have to wait til 5.4 to get General Temuja haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    One can presume they might be gone, but to the best of my knowledge nobody knows anything for sure at this point. For all we know GL rep will continue and it will just be moved to a new location with a few new quest givers and some alteration for quests like the swimming ones.
    You would think that...but the Vale is pretty much...gone. If they had dailies in the zone they would all be, kill 10 sha, kill 10 more sha, now kill 10 sha, now help the mogu because they need to kill 10 sha.

Certainly couldn't be the same dailies with the same achievements anymore.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shengar View Post
    The Shado-pan camp in Vale was still active and unharmed. The shado-pan dailies like Roll Club or the "Ready for Raiding III" stuff were still available as well. Not sure if they just haven't gotten around to removing them or not, or they are staying and that would mean most of the other achievements will still be available.