Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My big question is....will there be something to kill in the area to farm the last of the sky shards? I have had terrible luck - only 4 so far....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhina View Post
    My big question is....will there be something to kill in the area to farm the last of the sky shards? I have had terrible luck - only 4 so far....
    Tons. There's just a silly amount of Sha, and if they drop skyshards, they'll be pretty simple to AOE farm.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently it really is going away for good. I was going to say when this happens they normally change it into a Feat of Strength instead of an achievment:
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=7315

BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So..will it be phased for new players or gone forever..Like..if you pick up the game in december, no Golden Lotus? No way to get exhalted if you cared? No way to unlock AC and Shado Pan?
    You do not not to be revered with GL to do AC and Shado Pan dailies as of 5.3

You can simply begin doing them whenever you want now, even as a fresh 90
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So..will it be phased for new players or gone forever..Like..if you pick up the game in december, no Golden Lotus? No way to get exhalted if you cared? No way to unlock AC and Shado Pan?
    Normal mobs in the vale like the sha or sha-corrupted wilflife gives 10 rep each. The rare mobs in the OP give 200 rep.

Still needing skyshards!

(wonder what will drop them?)

Can't say I'm sad to see the dailies go.

Deleted
    I don't understand why don't they just phase the vale?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    To make you hate Garrosh =)

I'm curious how this is going to affect achievements. It seems like they took measures to allow for the One Man Army, but what about Ready for Raiding, or the one you have to do without taking any damage?

For story. You liked the Vale like it was before? Take your anger out on Garrosh and his goons. It actually gives some people some drive to do the raid, beyond being simply more new content. It's like back when Arthas was boss of ICC and people were jacked to get a chance to face him due to his history. People will be more driven to kill Garrosh and be excited to do the new raid seeing this massacre he has caused every time they go to the Shrine.

OT: Thanks for info Op as I still need Baolai and was wondering that.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    I'm curious how this is going to affect achievements. It seems like they took measures to allow for the One Man Army, but what about Ready for Raiding, or the one you have to do without taking any damage?
    The dailies at the Shado-pan camp (Ready for Raiding) are still there. Guo-Lai Halls achievements will probably be made feats of strength, because they'd be impossible now anyway. The area is totally filled with Mogu now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    To make you hate Garrosh =)
    But it doesn't make me hate Garrosh, it makes me hate blizzard...

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    For story. You liked the Vale like it was before? Take your anger out on Garrosh and his goons. It actually gives some people some drive to do the raid, beyond being simply more new content. It's like back when Arthas was boss of ICC and people were jacked to get a chance to face him due to his history. People will be more driven to kill Garrosh and be excited to do the new raid seeing this massacre he has caused every time they go to the Shrine.

OT: Thanks for info Op as I still need Baolai and was wondering that.
    Yeah I really don't get this, this isn't Garrosh's doing, it's blizzard's, Garrosh is just a fictional character, how does that make sense?

Besides it wouldn't make any difference if it was phased untill we reached exalted with Golden Lotus, the vale would still get destroyed for everyone when they reached exalted and it would in fact be better for the story because now the people that didn't do Golden Lotus quests won't see that part of the story and if it was phased they would...

Not to mention the achievements and mounts that are being removed with this, and I never like when they remove achievements or mounts but I think it's kinda ''ok'' if/when they are older like when they revamped ZG/ZA, but these ones are very recent, I really don't see how it makes sense to remove them already.
    Last edited by mmoc1448edff70; 2013-06-13 at 05:57 PM.

Is Alani still flying around? I was thinking it might be cool if blizz put its corpse somewhere in 5.4 in the Vale and you couldn't farm it anymore. Another reason to hate Garrosh. So it would be like a world mount that was only available until the Vale got destroyed. I'm just curious and didn't see it mentioned.

Otherwise I guess sha will be dropping skyshards now?
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Is Alani still flying around? I was thinking it might be cool if blizz put its corpse somewhere in 5.4 in the Vale and you couldn't farm it anymore. Another reason to hate Garrosh. So it would be like a world mount that was only available until the Vale got destroyed. I'm just curious and didn't see it mentioned.

Otherwise I guess sha will be dropping skyshards now?
    Alani is still flying around.

Presumably the rares and the new sha/mogu still drop Skyshards.

I've got exalted with the Golden Lotus, so I'm happy, but I may need to re-subscribe and do all the associated achievements, before they're gone!

tbh. i love this "event" or how to speak. but keep in mind. no1 has killed smurfrosh yet. i really doubt it would ever turn out like this. but this could be "stage 2 out of 3" of the vale. who knows what happend after we actually kill him
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I believe they removed the prereq of GL to do the other factions before now. I can pick up the quest on my new alts even though I haven't gotten the old rep with GL...unless I'm just hallucinating.

Though it does seem they are removing Golden Lotus forever. So no, you won't be able to get all of the achievments and items associtated with them. Kinda...sucks a lot...but a lot of people want dynamic/one time content like that. I don't, but it's probably better to keep the game interesting. Idk, can't please everyone.
    Blue post specifically states that you'll still be able to gain reputation with the Golden Lotus. Keep in mind that you can champion it so that you get rep from doing heroics and scenarios.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Blue post specifically states that you'll still be able to gain reputation with the Golden Lotus. Keep in mind that you can champion it so that you get rep from doing heroics and scenarios.
    Grinding on mobs and in dungeons for paltry rep gains are not what I consider enjoyable, especially on an alt. I specifically enjoyed the quests now that they aren't mandatory. A sacrifice in order to make the game feel more alive/dynamic, but I can still be unhappy about it.

While I already feel like I don't have enough time to do everything I want in the game, it's not my place to beg them to not do something 'innovative' for the good of the game. I'm afraid many people won't see it that rationally however, and they will simply rail Blizzard for removing their daily hub.
    BAD WOLF

But it doesn't make me hate Garrosh, it makes me hate blizzard...

Yeah I really don't get this, this isn't Garrosh's doing, it's blizzard's, Garrosh is just a fictional character, how does that make sense?

Besides it wouldn't make any difference if it was phased untill we reached exalted with Golden Lotus, the vale would still get destroyed for everyone when they reached exalted and it would in fact be better for the story because now the people that didn't do Golden Lotus quests won't see that part of the story and if it was phased they would...

Not to mention the achievements and mounts that are being removed with this, and I never like when they remove achievements or mounts but I think it's kinda ''ok'' if/when they are older like when they revamped ZG/ZA, but these ones are very recent, I really don't see how it makes sense to remove them already.
    It makes sense because WoW is a fictional world based on fictional story and Garrosh is fucking up that world right now. It supposed to make you angry, its supposed to make you mad because we've played in the MoP world for months now and are used to it. Blizzard made the choice for the sake of the dynamic storytelling. To leave the Vale in its old state would just get everyone asking, "Why are we even killing this Garrosh guy again?". Like we have been for the majority of raid bosses before MoP came around.

Also if someone haven't picked up MoP yet I doubt they are playing WoW for the story otherwise said person would have bought the expansion months ago. I don't think Blizz has to worry about people just getting into the intro GL story now. Plus how would you even do the transition? When the person gets exalted? That takes forever and weeks of dailies. They wouldn't be able to do any of the current new content in the zone (new dailies) until they got exalted which would suck even more for a new player or even old players who didn't get exalted. It would be a gigantic gate.

Were getting pretty off thread topic though so lets agree to disagree lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Alani is still flying around.

Presumably the rares and the new sha/mogu still drop Skyshards.
    Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-06-13 at 06:26 PM.