Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Not true. Thrall shows that, at least in part, he's able to commune with the elements. You even see him glowing. "Never powerless. And never alone."
    Unfortunately he gets tossed across the room right after he says this...

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    Unfortunately he gets tossed across the room right after he says this...
    Yes, but the point still stands, at the very least Thrall was able to commune with the elements to a degree. Maybe not at his full power, the scene doesn't really elaborate, but the elements are clearly aiding him to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I just find it strange how someone like golden is very much on the ball with current story and able to adapt her writing around whats happening, with what feels like respect to the characters, where as the ingame lore developers like kosak, don't seem to give the same respect back to golden, in just snuffing stuff she writes about in the books in favor of either oversimplifying it, or turning it around and making cuts.

I don't blame metzen, infact his book 'of blood and honor' is a very good one and really fleshed out Eitrigg and Tirion. I blame it on the ingame writers themselves who don't adapt the game well enough with the more detailed scripts. The bombing of theramore in the book was powerful and tragic, showing the breaking of one of wow's most noted heroes. Ingame.. it did nothing to show this.
    I'm willing to bet that a large part of this is that only a few high ups like Metzen have been around long enough and are dedicated enough to actually know/care what's going on. A random guy hired off the street to do quests will more than likely be taught the basics of the story, but the sheer size of the team and their workload probably means someone like Metzen can't cover everything (and even he can screw up, by his own admission). At least, I kinda hope so. I really don't want to know that most employees know the story really well and just don't care to portray it well or be consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Thrall put Garrosh in power. Damn right he should be there. Wait, oh I forgot "Greeen Jaaayzusss. THrall Greeyn Jaaaayzuss. Waaaah BLizzz"
    Yeah, Thrall definitely should be here. If anything, he's way late in confronting Garrosh. At the very least he should have said something to Garrosh after he bombed the city of one of his closest friends (honestly, it could have been a neat plot that Thrall went missing, and we didn't find him until we discover Garrosh's secret underground lair). Catacylsm did not handle Thrall well, however, but it wasn't directly Thrall's fault. Yes, having everyone team up happily with a guy who just left a warmonger in charge (that started actively tearing apart the Alliance) should not have gone over well with a certain faction, and Thrall planting down totems with a unique model proudly displaying the Horde emblem just hammered it in. However, I think the primary problem was that Thrall should not have been tackling these problems... alone. Malfurion was a major force in helping keep the world together in Darkshore and Mount Hyjal. But after Thrall decides that they need to stop procrastinating and heal the World Tr... I mean get married, Furion disappears from the expansion (unless you count the Caverns of Time which is irrelevant to Thrall's takeover of the story). Not only would it have gone over better if both factions had a representative working together to save the world, it would have made more sense. What was Furion doing after we foiled Ragnaros and secured the Firelands? Drift off into the Emerald Dream while standing up as Horde players did capital city raids? If they both were there, then Thrall wouldn't have come across as some infallible, one man army, god-like being. Plus, it still would have been weird, but the confrontation between the heroes and Benedictus might have involved someone who might have believably had some significant interaction with him.

As for the Siege of Orgrimmar, so far it sure looks like they just made an excuse to take Thrall out of the fight in fear of him stealing the spotlight, nothing more.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2013-08-13 at 06:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I just find it strange how someone like golden is very much on the ball with current story and able to adapt her writing around whats happening, with what feels like respect to the characters, where as the ingame lore developers like kosak, don't seem to give the same respect back to golden, in just snuffing stuff she writes about in the books in favor of either oversimplifying it, or turning it around and making cuts.

I don't blame metzen, infact his book 'of blood and honor' is a very good one and really fleshed out Eitrigg and Tirion. I blame it on the ingame writers themselves who don't adapt the game well enough with the more detailed scripts. The bombing of theramore in the book was powerful and tragic, showing the breaking of one of wow's most noted heroes. Ingame.. it did nothing to show this.
    The book is the book, the game is the game. It's obvious that you cannot represent events or things in the same way, and after reading of a character in the book, full of details and development, almost anything you see in-game seems...poor. But hey, this cannot be helped, we have to face the fact that when we want read the peak of a lore character development we have to read it in the novels, with the game just defining events with all its multimedia stuff (music, dialogues, graphic and so on).

People should also stop to blame Christie Golden one time and then the in-game writers another, because you're acting like she wrote everything in her books with her own mind alone. Well, it doesn't work like that, what a novel's writer...write is stuff elaborated by Blizzard, at least the major plots and the major details of characterization; what remains to the writer is the free choice about how to elaborate the stuff and writing it on paper with his/her personal writing style. The end. But they don't elaborate the whole story of the book, or give by their own will a huge change to a particular character. That's remain steadly in Blizzard's hands.

Anyway, I agree that the Theramore scenario has been excessively poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Indeed your are right and the way Garrosh was yelling and crying at his defeat sound file remind me of the TBC version of Garrosh. It's as if he is reverting to his old whiny pathetic kid.
    In fact that whiny pathetic boy has always been there, deep in Garrosh's heart. Yeah, Garrosh tried to hide it with all his outer conquests, his prowess in battle, his loyal Kor'kron, his unquestionable position of dominance over the Horde, every external kind of forbidden power he enslaved and controlled, claiming them as his own powers and every victory achivied through them, a personal victory proudly reflected on himself.

Hell, he even tried to bury it in deepest angle of his soul by wearing the very symbol of his father's deed, like if that was a personal trophy, and everything served to calm down that inner voice that said all the time "this is all good and dandy, BUT, STILL, you're NOT your father"; Garrosh was an insecure individual with a fragile personality in Nagrand, and that didn't change after Wrath and on. All that he did was using the validation of his existence that Thrall gave to him and used it to death to literally shield himself, but when Garrosh became the Warchief, the responsibilities were so many and high that nothing was sufficient for calm down his inner doubts, and every defeat, every failure stroke deep and deeper everytime.

This is why I find Garrosh's character quite brilliant in many ways. In the end, he became ruthless and despicable in a way worth of Gul'dan himself, but the way he became so was much more similar to the way Arthas followed his path to darkness, instead of being evil for the sake of evil like Gul'dan was. In the end, he became a very horrible person, but he was not a power-hungry madman by the beginning, he became so for his very "human" flaws and weaknesses. And probably, if he would have never been put in charge of a position he wasn't absolutely fit for, maybe we wouldn't even have to kill him now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Far to much concern being shown here about who's responsible for what and how do you justify etc. Arguing about Thrall like this almost makes you guys look like you're arging about political candidates. I hope he becomes warchief again just to annoy the haters.

Does anyone have any news on Thrall?
    wowprogress.com doesn't have any status yet, so I'm not sure if SoO was cleared or not.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/rating.tier16

Would love some info here!