Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    Indeed, he should have painted rainbows everywhere, handed out balloons to kids and helped elderly people cross streets.
    Yep, that would've made him a significantly better leader. You don't know how good you had it with Thrall, and now you're upset because your "new super-badass true warchief" failed miserably. Say what you will about Blizzard's poor writing as of late (they have one escape left via Malkorok), even they realized how bad Garrosh was and gave up on him.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2013-06-13 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    bit weak that he has been "corrupted" by a sha of pride. i'd rather we fought him on his own terms. why does there always have to be a "greater bad"
    *Spoilers from dungeon journal*
    Because garrosh without his empowerment, not corruption is weak. And would die to us way too easily. The first phase of the fight he uses many adds and war machines to try and defeat us, while we get him to 30%. he full heals with his empowerement. Without that all he is, is a strong orc warrior. That we'd wreck easily. Boring much

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    bit weak that he has been "corrupted" by a sha of pride. i'd rather we fought him on his own terms. why does there always have to be a "greater bad"
    It's very possible that he's the one in charge, and merely mutates due to his dire circumstance.

love how uninformed people say is he is corrupted by sha of pride....people are straight blind and simply uninformed....this is why some can only do lfrs...stupidity is amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    I still vote campfire for warchief =D

but on a serious note.
    We met Garrosh first in Nagrand where he was nothing more than a whimpy little child with no balls at all. Thrall comes and tells a story about his father and suddenly he does a 180 to being a badass warmonger that is just shouting POWERR!!!!!!............ Cataclysm just made it worse and Pandaria just gave him the final blow.

So no I am not sad that Garrosh is gonna die, I am actually rather happy his end is coming. Time for a corrupted alliance leader so we can raid their city.
    Ans still wondering who is gonna be da warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boblet View Post
    I'm fairly certain they announced him being the end boss of the expansion at Blizzcon 2011.
    Doesn't mean he'll die. Just means he'll be the end boss.

Someone should just run his model through the model viewer, if he has a special death animation then he'll definitely die. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet View Post
    I'm fairly certain they announced him being the end boss of the expansion at Blizzcon 2011.
    That doesn't mean he'll die now does it?

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 08:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Yep, that would've made him a significantly better leader. You don't know how good you had it with Thrall, and now you're upset because your "new super-badass true warchief" failed miserably. Say what you will about Blizzard's poor writing as of late (they have one escape left via Malkorok), even they realized how bad Garrosh was and gave up on him.
    Thrall has always been a pussy. If I would have had it my way, I would have loved to see Garrosh publicly behead Thrall and place his head on a spike for display.
    I admire Garrosh vision, just sad Blizzard did not take it further.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall has always been a pussy. If I would have had it my way, I would have loved to see Garrosh publicly behead Thrall and place his head on a spike for display.
    I admire Garrosh vision, just sad Blizzard did not take it further.
    Good thing you're not in charge then. Look at what Thrall managed to accomplish and compare it to Garrosh's achievements. And no, Garrosh's inexperience doesn't fully excuse him (and neither does it excuse Thrall for making such a stupid mistake in the first place).

Basing everything on brute force when you yourself are so easily manipulated is always going to be a bad idea, and now he has to answer for the things he brought upon his own people as well.

And what kind of 'vision' did Garrosh even have? At best it was extremely ineffective.

If there's one thing I can praise Garrosh for, it's his sense of honor. I felt bad for him after the whole incident with Cairne, and his Cata appearances aside from the one in Twilight Highlands were quite humanizing and made me respect him. But after MoP? No chance in hell. He's completely lost it, and if my hunch is correct and Malkorok is who I think he is then Garrosh is 100% to blame, not Blizzard's poor writing.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2013-06-13 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Good thing you're not in charge then. Look at what Thrall managed to accomplish and compare it to Garrosh's achievements. And no, Garrosh's inexperience doesn't fully excuse him (and neither does it excuse Thrall for making such a stupid mistake in the first place).

Basing everything on brute force when you yourself are so easily manipulated is always going to be a bad idea, and now he has to answer for the things he brought upon his own people as well.

And what kind of 'vision' did Garrosh even have? At best it was extremely ineffective.
    You mean good for you and your views I'm not in charge. If you want peace and love, that's just fine but in a war I expect cruelty, bloodshed and death. Blizzard gave it a weak attempt with Garrosh and all the fan boys cried out foul play.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    With Garrosh's strength, the Horde could have ruled the universe. After dealing with the Alliance, he would have destroyed all races on Azeroth that oppose the Horde. Garrosh himself would have slain N'zoth and Azshara, using the power of Y'Shaarj that he conquered.

Once the Legion finds its way onto Azeroth once again, the Horde would destroy them. The New Horde, lead by Garrosh, would slay the demons that had once corrupted their race. Garrosh would then have charged right up to Sargeras, and utterly destroy him. Sargeras would plead for forgiveness, but Garrosh would offer none.

After the fall of the Legion, Garrosh would then would bring the Horde into the space. He would lead the Horde directly into the Titan's domain. The armies of the Horde would destroy the Titan's armies, thanks to his leadership. Garrosh would then go right up to the Pantheon, and slay them all in single combat. He would then take his place as the God of the World of Warcraft.

Deleted
    I'm glad he dies. The horde can't live up with him being alive. He will have an honorless death unlike his father!

I think The Hellscreams is airing on MTV

The only sad thing I see is people feeling sad that Garrosh will most likely die.

Absolutely not. The Horde deserve much better than this.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

I'm a bit saddened by it honestly. I'm sure it was planned from the beginning, but I still think having a guy like him as Warchief is a lot better than the alternative. The Horde shouldn't be a reskinned Alliance; I prefer them to be much darker. Besides, more than anything else, I'm worried they'll replace him with someone unworthy like Vol'jin. He's been getting way too much emphasis this expansion, to the point I'm almost certain he's going to be the successor. What a pathetic Horde that'll be, led by a completely uninteresting guy that can't even speak proper.

Blizzard is pulling a George R.R. Martin to prepare people for the discontinuation of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean good for you and your views I'm not in charge.
    Yep, your views and values are very off-putting to me, but that's not the point. In a situation like the one Garrosh (then lack in experience) was initially put in, your values are unlikely to have worked any better than his own.

If you want peace and love, that's just fine but in a war I expect cruelty, bloodshed and death.
    If not for Varian, the war could've easily been delayed for quite a bit. If anything I blame him far more than Garrosh here, although Garrosh answering the way he did is another testament to his childishness and inexperience.

Blizzard gave it a weak attempt with Garrosh and all the fan boys cried out foul play.
    It was hardly a weak attempt. Wars are never about two sides and two sides alone - everyone who isn't blinded by things like honor (Nazgrim) has their own agenda, and some of them aren't even associated with a side yet still manage to sow seeds of discord (Twilight's Hammer).

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    With Garrosh's strength, the Horde could have ruled the universe. After dealing with the Alliance, he would have destroyed all races on Azeroth that oppose the Horde. Garrosh himself would have slain N'zoth and Azshara, using the power of Y'Shaarj that he conquered.

Once the Legion finds its way onto Azeroth once again, the Horde would destroy them. The New Horde, lead by Garrosh, would slay the demons that had once corrupted their race. Garrosh would then have charged right up to Sargeras, and utterly destroy him. Sargeras would plead for forgiveness, but Garrosh would offer none.

After the fall of the Legion, Garrosh would then would bring the Horde into the space. He would lead the Horde directly into the Titan's domain. The armies of the Horde would destroy the Titan's armies, thanks to his leadership. Garrosh would then go right up to the Pantheon, and slay them all in single combat. He would then take his place as the God of the World of Warcraft.
    This made my day.

In a serious note though: after all that has happened, I do feel sad for him: he tried to be the Warchief Thrall expected him to be and failed. He tried to be the hero his father was and failed.

I do agree that he went 180º in Cata and then full demented in Mop and wish Blizzard would've expanded his end a bit more. Now I'm curious to see the next warchief.

Hopefully is Lor'themar, just for the tears and giggles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    No

To go deeper into detail though. He is a pompus asshole nobody likes. If we never went to pandaria he would have been overthrown anyway.

Voljin hated him at the start of Cataclysm, Even told him to watch out because "When the black arrow pierces your heart...you know who fired da arrow"

Silvanas has no care for him at all. In Gilneas she was forbidden to use the plague but disobeyed him anyway.

Baine hates him for sending assassins to kill his father

Nobody likes him except for the extremely fanatical orcs. He has over-stayed his welcome. He is not a leader like Thrall, He is a tyrant. And if anything is to be believed..he is doing something evil under Orgrimmar.

Grom died for nothing, Garrosh threw away everything. It's time he goes.
    Garrosh didn't send assassins to kill cairne, he challenged him to an honorable fight to the death and the one woman(can't recall her name) had actually poisened garrosh's blade which is what cause him to kill cairne so easily. Garrosh's got all angry and actually apologized to Baine.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 07:14 PM ----------

Glad to see him killed though never liked garrosh, only thing that disappoints me is that they are gonna use this sha thing and say he was corrupted and everyone is going to forgive him because he was being influenced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangg View Post
    Garrosh didn't send assassins to kill cairne, he challenged him to an honorable fight to the death and the one woman(can't recall her name) had actually poisened garrosh's blade which is what cause him to kill cairne so easily. Garrosh's got all angry and actually apologized to Baine.
    As sad as that situation was for Garrosh, he was foolish to trust Magatha like that.