Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Blizzard mistakenly feels that hunters are awesome in pvp because of their damage, which is not really the case. If it was, Retri Pallys or Ele/Enh Shamans would be the most hated class.

Hunters are powerfull, because they CAN do this dps. We have amazing movement, unhindered by pretty much anything, disengage, many tools to boost our speed, 1 min CD bubble, Readiness, big amount of click-and-go CC, roots, good stun... the list goes on, amazing burst isn't really on it.

Nerfing Stampede here is pretty much a nerf of PvE, or rather "Hunter having fun anywhere". Stampede is probably the easiest to avoid among hunter CDs, and the "major buffage" from pets could be easily disabled on arenas only.
    Its exactly this. Hunter are just pretty unstoppable. And if you somehow manage to still get to them they just lol deterrance. Also there is almost no point to try to los or something. The scatter-shot trap is a 100% cc that always works and it feels like there is almost no cd on it. after this ofc follows some knockback, silence shot, pet stun..and by the time you recovered lol scattershot trap.

Im not the best mmr1650-1750 but often when i meet hunter/disc in 2s i dont even bother to enter. Its just to demoralizing to try

Deleted
    this feels like warriors defending taste for blood & gag order all over again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syh View Post
    Oh, okay. Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. (Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I am in case you were wondering. )

But honestly, putting aside them being OP, it sucks seeing so many Hunters simply because queuing into hunter team after hunter team after hunter team just gets boring. It's a shame that so many baddies with minimal skill flocked to Hunter this season (last season as well, but not as much).
    Having mained hunter since tbc, only just put on the shelf 3 months ago, I can tell you it pains me as much as everyone else watching a hunter backpeddle away from you while spamming whatever suits. There is a tremendous lack of skill in the "new" hunter class sure.

However, everyone jumping on the band wagon screaming from the rooftops about how op hunters are just make me rofl, which is why I enjoy threads like this. While hunters do have a good toolkit, they can be focused hard and easily countered if you know what you're doing. We lack survivability among everything, compared to every other class out there (apart from ele shamans). Trinketing any sort of opener is a must, otherwise gg. And training pets is always a easy way to stop a hunter from basically being a hunter.

We have never really been well represented in arena, apart from cata and now mop. AND now that hunters can actually compete in 2s people are pulling their hair out...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    Having mained hunter since tbc, only just put on the shelf 3 months ago, I can tell you it pains me as much as everyone else watching a hunter backpeddle away from you while spamming whatever suits. There is a tremendous lack of skill in the "new" hunter class sure.

However, everyone jumping on the band wagon screaming from the rooftops about how op hunters are just make me rofl, which is why I enjoy threads like this. While hunters do have a good toolkit, they can be focused hard and easily countered if you know what you're doing. We lack survivability among everything, compared to every other class out there (apart from ele shamans). Trinketing any sort of opener is a must, otherwise gg. And training pets is always a easy way to stop a hunter from basically being a hunter.

We have never really been well represented in arena, apart from cata and now mop. AND now that hunters can actually compete in 2s people are pulling their hair out...
    I wish my <insert any other class> would have:
    - 3 pvp trinkets
    - insane ranged damage on very short cds.
    - 2 invulnerability bubbles that prevent most damage
    - a mob that can cc targets regardless of the owner being cc-ed himself or not, in range/los or not.
    - nothing that requires hardcasting as a ranged class
    - melee escape cd that also immobilizes when cast
    - stealth/camouflage preventing attackers to open on them from range or attempt to cc from range.
    - almost spammable cc
    - short cd on invulnerability to movement impairing effects

Is there anything else hunters don't have ?! Let's just give them healing spells as well and bury the cofin containing wow's pvp.
    Last edited by mmoc7f02ba85a4; 2013-06-14 at 12:49 PM.

It's all you see in 2s. They're out of control.

Did about 30 games this past week - we're playing UH DK(me)/MW Monk. Currently @ 1850-1950 trying to push up to 2.2K. Probably 60% of the teams we face are Disc/BM Hunter. Then quite a few Disc/Fmage, UH DK/Disc (sometimes rsham) and BM/Rets.

I know I shouldn't complain cause it's lol2s but when you play decent and beat a few good teams you'll get like 10 points a win, then when our rating is ~1950 we'll queue into a 2100-2200 BM/Disc and get absolutely shat on and lose 20 points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetytorch View Post

Wth is going on with this?

I did 20 2v2 matches the other day on my other account and it was hunter/disc hunter/hunter hunter/mw monk all friggin day. wtf?

Made your image into a thumbnail. Please don't post full size images in the future ~Snuggli
    Why are you surprised.. When it was warriors early on in the expansion guess what? people were playing warrior. 5.4 it will be rogue maybe or warrior again.

This thread doesn't call for any solution to the apparent hunter domination in pvp.

Another qq thread it would appear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    We've already gotten several and there's seemingly no end in sight. We're not even that good anymore. Bad players just get owned up for free. Good players have no issues with Hunters in their current state. Yes we still have good CC but our burst is fucking gone now.

Mages get to keep their top notch CC and best burst in the game. The Hunter complaining is frankly stupid at this point.
    Just went onto the PTR to try out the new KJC. It frankly sucks in pvp and pve atm. But hunters are a bit insane on the ptr atm. I don't think they really needed to buff their main spells by 50%. Just see what the damage they can do on the ptr and look at the amount of cc they have.

Kinda makes me depressed that I deleted my hunter a few days back lol

I feel like there has been a huge misconception about hunters for a long time. Now, I didnt really pvp serious in BC as a started wow basically in s4, so I cant really comment about that. But in WOTLK, save maybe s5, hunters were fine. When TSG was running through shit, PHD was actually a better comp and I remember the tsg I ran being farmed by them. Lets not forget beastcleave... In cata, hunters were pretty solid because of their cc and comps like junglecleave, KFC, PHD and such were all r1 viable pretty much all expac (hunter/rogue in s11 but not so much). Now in MoP hunters have been the strongest class bar none all expansion.

Just because the class has had low representation (mostly due to it used to have a high skillcap) doesnt mean it was ever that bad. I mean, look at ferals right now. Ferals are INSANE, right up there with BM currently yet I swear I have seen maybe like 5 feral druid teams since 5.3? They are no where, it kind of blows my mind.

hunters have always had either a lot of dmg(good ol beastcleaves) or a lot of CC with moderate dmg(markmanship back in the day). since MOP hunters have had both incredible unpeelable dmg and insane amount of CC. you cant have it both ways. thats why frost bomb got raped, thats why warriors got raped.

rogues are pretty much the beastcleave hunters that there used to be - tons of dmg but extremely squishy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post

Just because the class has had low representation (mostly due to it used to have a high skillcap) doesnt mean it was ever that bad. I mean, look at ferals right now. Ferals are INSANE, right up there with BM currently yet I swear I have seen maybe like 5 feral druid teams since 5.3? They are no where, it kind of blows my mind.
    Thats probably because Feral is harder than BM to faceroll with

They don't get that:

1. When a class needs to be nerfed, you don't have to compensate for those nerfs by buffing up other abilities.
    2. If you are dumb enough to compensate by buffing other abilities don't make it result in a net buff because this defeats the purpose of nerfing ...

I guess most of the high quality staff at Blizzard is working on other games and there are Timmy and Jimmy left on the WoW team to balance the game...

That screenshot has reminded me the start of MoP, when BG's where full of Warriors (I saw up to 8 warriors at the same time in the same faction).
    People just like to FOTM Reroll to the most overpowered class, basically because is fun to them to be overpowered and kill stuff easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyro- View Post
    That screenshot has reminded me the start of MoP, when BG's where full of Warriors (I saw up to 8 warriors at the same time in the same faction).
    People just like to FOTM Reroll to the most overpowered class, basically because is fun to them to be overpowered and kill stuff easy.
    Some people are just bad at pvp and playing an OP class only means they are on par with good players playing other classes.

*cough*<---*cough*

you didn't use "World of X-craft" correctly. go to youtube and search for "World of Roguecraft"

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    you didn't use "World of X-craft" correctly. go to youtube and search for "World of Roguecraft"
    Being naked and killing someone because of flat crit dmg on evis while blowing all you CDs and getting CC (poly, stun, disarm) or even being out of LOS while your pets kills enemy seems to be same...

I remember being in an Arathi Basin (in TBC, so don't get worked up into a rage) with 13 hunters once. And yes, I was one of them (though, it was an alt). That was an interesting battleground.

Deleted
    Funny story. Was in my guild's rbg last night in EOTS on my ww monk. Me and a warrior went to draenei ruins. On the bridge from belf tower to draenei ruins came a hunter. I thought "ok, it's just one...and then I was dead". He literally chewed through my defenses in 3 or 4 sec with a warrior also on him. I teleported behind a pillar, popped energizing brew and started spamming healing spheres but the fucking pet followed me and was doing more damage to me than the healing spheres were healing. Outplayed!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Funny story. Was in my guild's rbg last night in EOTS on my ww monk. Me and a warrior went to draenei ruins. On the bridge from belf tower to draenei ruins came a hunter. I thought "ok, it's just one...and then I was dead". He literally chewed through my defenses in 3 or 4 sec with a warrior also on him. I teleported behind a pillar, popped energizing brew and started spamming healing spheres but the fucking pet followed me and was doing more damage to me than the healing spheres were healing. Outplayed!!
    I have experienced this many times aswell. I'm pretty confident in winning 1v1's in arenas on my monk, but for some reason when i completely kite and LoS hunters, i always lose cuz the pet that i can't do shit about kills me even though i turtle heal and wait out CDs behind pillars. I don't see how this shit is fair, either pet damage has to be gutted, hunters having more counters to full ranged dps while moving or ww monk heals severly buffed/reduced cost.

A pet shouldn't be able to solo anyone playing ~100% defensively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Yea no, not a mage. So tell me, when was the last time a class was BLATANTLY overpowered for 2 full seasons? Mage? Oh wait, locks were overpowered too.. Rogues in cata? That was really only 1 season, and locks were just as ridiculous. Hunters are on their own pedestal right now and have been pretty much all of MoP. People thought mages and wars were ridiculous last season, but thats also when triple BM hunters were r1 on certain bgs. People need to wake up, bm hunters have been s5 dk level for 2 entire seasons.
    Disc Priest in S1/S2
    Resto Druid in S3/S4
    Rogue in S3/S4
    Warrior in S3/S4

etc

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 05:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hegemonia View Post
    They don't get that:

1. When a class needs to be nerfed, you don't have to compensate for those nerfs by buffing up other abilities.
    2. If you are dumb enough to compensate by buffing other abilities don't make it result in a net buff because this defeats the purpose of nerfing ...

I guess most of the high quality staff at Blizzard is working on other games and there are Timmy and Jimmy left on the WoW team to balance the game...
    You have absolutely no clue what so ever, do you?

Hunters are in a somewhat decent spot in PvE. If they nerf Hunters, they will be nerfed in PvE as well. Therefore, they have to compensate. Hard to understand? Really?

They nerfed Hunters burst but somewhat increased the sustained damage. That's the second time you've proved that you dont really know what you're talking about.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    play hunter atm = + 400 rating from where you should be.

i dont think DK is that dangerous in anything but shadow cleave personally and i dont think ele is that much of a faceroll it's just strong.

anyways opinion aside.. count another person endorsing hunter QQ.
    tyea this is off topic but i agree with you i dont see dks as that much of a problem