Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Celestial Blessings Challenge for 600 cloak

So I've only seen a few posts on other sites about people (spriests) having problems doing the ranged DPS challenge. I have tried every talent swap I can think of and still am not able to complete this part of the legendary quest line.

Long story short, I'm fine killing the bloods + keeping Wrathion dotted up at the same time.. but as soon as he pops his clones, I'm screwed. The bloods basically gain speed for as long as they are up and eventually if you do not kill them, they can 3 shot you. Void Tendrils only last a few seconds since the bloods hit so hard and I'm finding it difficult to kill his clones before they cast their thing that one shots you (unless you pop a defensive CD) while not getting raped by bloods.

Has any shadow priests been successful in doing this challenge? If so, what do you recommend to help someone out?

Deleted
    a spriest of my guild had some problems like you. then he switched to the healer challenge and did the quest

I don't play a priest, but I did this quest on patch day so I didn't have any info to help me either. I found that when he pops his clones, just ignore them and retreat to the back of the room (the outside area farthest from the door). The back part of that area ranged me from his casts and allowed me to just focus on killing the adds. He will eventually stop doing his clones thing and come back after you doing his other abilities. Rinse and repeat.

Went and did the healing one instead. WAY easier! =P

When he pops his clones, wait it out on the balcony=) After a few casts he will stop and come to you again. Same can be done for the adds. If you let them spawn far from the balcony and run fast enough, they won't follow.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Healing challenge was still a little challenging though. I totally loved it. Not too hard but it definitely kept me on my toes while I was figuring out how to do it

I went outside of the temple for 3 shadow orbs used so cheap food and got raid buffs. Then i double potted and popped PI, SF, and used insanity after the first charge (so i could move behind him). He died before the first set of adds could reach me after void tendrils.

But yeah, its a rough one with no kites (lock) or roots (mage)

10+ Year Old Account
    If you do the healer challenge that locks you out of getting the dps cloak, doesn't it?

I had the option to choose the healer cloack after doing the dps challenge, I guess it works the other way around
    btw divine star do wonders as self heal / dps the adds.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    If you do the healer challenge that locks you out of getting the dps cloak, doesn't it?
    Can confirm you can choose any cloak after doing the healer challenge. I'm disc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    no it does not, u can choose from ANY of the cloaks, an agi one if u wish :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well that's pretty awesome then.

Just to hyjack the thread: Can you switch cloaks or buy another after you completed the quest?

15+ Year Old Account
    yes, 7k for the other ones
    Sig by Safhira

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Just to hyjack the thread: Can you switch cloaks or buy another after you completed the quest?
    You have to throw away the old one first. They are "Unique: Cloak of Virtue (1)". New one costs 7k.

Deleted
    2shot it (had some weird talents 1st try). Didn't abuse any balcony exploit. Used Angelic Feathers. Kited and use all class abilities (Void Tendrils, speed boost, engineering, Dispersion, T6 AoE, Embrace, probably even Psychic Scream). I suggest DI, then SWP stuff up and kite kite kite. Can use MB + Fade trick to reset aggro not sure if I used that. Fight lasted quite long (certainly not as quick as someone above claimed), but since I been soloing Warbringers as well this was just another day of shadow priest solo kiting. My point being if you don't solo much as a shadow priest you'll have to practice here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    You have to throw away the old one first. They are "Unique: Cloak of Virtue (1)". New one costs 7k.
    Thank you!

Not really sure how you had issue doing this quest if you were geared enough / far enough into this quest line to be able to get to this point.

He takes double damage when behind him , so as soon as he does his charge mechanics you just run behind him , blow all CDs and dot him up. Use your first DP then and insanity the hell out of him. rinse and repeat each time he charges you and you wont ever get to the mirror image / clone mechanic point of the fight. Also , halo would lol at clearing those clones out in one shot either way. I know I have a massive advantage in terms of doing this quest because of gear but even at a basically NM gear level of around 525/530 it should be pretty straight forward.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

The healing challenge with divine star was really simple once you get beyond the part where you are not in a party with Wrathion and lose access to PoM and don't have your debuffs displayed nicely. (You get a magic debuff you need to dispel). I was disc with surge of light, divine start, one damage trinket, and one healing trinket. Divine star one shot the adds.

Nzete of Korgath

Trick to the dps challange was not to run too far away from him. He doesnt melee or anything.
    So stay close and you can get behind him within a few steps and blow him up.

For the adds that spawned I popped Psyfind with fear glyph. They then just stand in place for 30seconds.