Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    To be perfectly fair; it's going to be a hard task to get a solid comparison using fights from ToT period. So many of them have damage buff or reduction mechanics, immunites or submerge timers that accuracy is all sorts of off for a variety of reasons.

Our only real patchwerk this tier also includes a straight-up 40% damage boost, and most other fights have multi-dotting; phase transitions or the like. It's sort of like how tier 14 was abominably skewed in favor of DW Frost because nearly every fight had some kind of cleave phase going on.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Why would you want to compare patchwerk dps anyway? You should be looking at a variety of situations and judging based on combined performance.

Real fights have cleave and multi-dotting and require burst and movement. If you don't perform well on real fights... remind me why I should care about anything other than real fights again?

Quote Originally Posted by broodax View Post
    Why would you want to compare patchwerk dps anyway? You should be looking at a variety of situations and judging based on combined performance.

Real fights have cleave and multi-dotting and require burst and movement. If you don't perform well on real fights... remind me why I should care about anything other than real fights again?
    Baseline Damage Comparison.

Again, see my previous mention about T14, also the amount of short or long-term damage buffs in ToT (Tortos, Jinrhok, Horridon, Ji-kun) does put things to scale.

'Real' fights is sort of a misnomer as well, because again it also makes it difficult to choose what's doing better; is this a cleave fight like Council or a Add Control Fight like Ji-Kun Heroic? Are you on Nests or Boss? Are you the floater?

Again, it's just more variables that create quite a bit to account for to get a unbiased comparison of potentials.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protsku View Post
    noxxic rankings are based on simulationcraft with different gears, and shared to parses with theoretical max and realistic max. and sadly, the rankings they give are pretty correct.

" Instead use World of Logs and raidbots" You kidding right? World of logs are full of meterpadders

Noxxic guides also say to use heroic throw during CS as a warrior, and their sims are terribly outdated, incorrect, and unmodified. It's a pretty terrible site.

ok if you guys are not using noxxic guide for gems and and reforges which site are you guys using or the information?

Quote Originally Posted by lokispec23 View Post
    ok if you guys are not using noxxic guide for gems and and reforges which site are you guys using or the information?
    Noxxic is only good if you want a quick overview for your chars you don't need to optimize....
    For more detailed information you need to have simcraft , reforgelite/askmrrobot and also find a better guide than the one on noxxic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lokispec23 View Post
    The Frost guide from mendenbarr on Elitist Jerks is ok-ish for the basics but a little outdated (e.g. 549 offset > 2/4pc 543 t15).

I do not use guides myself though and usually sim the s*** out of my gear options.

Logs from actual fights, Simcraft, Acherus discussions, math here and on EJ. That's where you should look (in something close to descending order of importance and accuracy).

Pull a little bit of information from multiple locations, but if you only pull information from other people without using your own brain and experiences you are still going to come up short.