Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    At least a forced name change is all it is, i played a game once where they'd aparantly just drop you in a prison you couldn't ever get out of for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    There is a guy named Salty Cawk on my realm. He's been reported by dozens of people, and still has the name.

Blizzard doesn't apply their rules uniformly.
    I've gotta agree with that.

People can hate me all they want but I'm on a high pop realm and I see a lot of inappropriate names. So every time I see one, I report it. Heck, I even reported a guy in my guild (granted he joined recently and I don't know him very well)...he still has the name as do many of the others I've reported.

I just figure, if you want to break the game's rules, don't be surprised when you're caught. At least they don't ban you for it. You get a free name change instead!

Quote Originally Posted by BaZERGer View Post
    At least a forced name change is all it is, i played a game once where they'd aparantly just drop you in a prison you couldn't ever get out of for it.
    Heh, I think I know at least two games like that. I wonder if earlier MMOs were wary of the legality of denying access to the game temporarily, while accepting payment for that access. If you're "in prison" for a short time, you can be taken out of circulation, but still 'access the game'.

Yeah, you got reported but that is really not the best name anyways. At best it makes you look like a 10 year old.

Naming restrictions....what'a joke

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Personally I wish they actually enforced the ToS naming policy, at least on RP realms, more than they do already.
    I wish they enforced the rules of rp realms period, let alone this detail.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made my hunter's pet names Whitepower (white gorilla) and BarackObama (rare gorilla) just to see how long it took to get reported. This was in 2008 when I still played and last time I played last year they were still there. Either everyone on my realm is racist or no one cared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

I don't think this name should need to be changed. It could very well be a legitimate Asian name..

I work in a hotel and we have had several Wang Dong's, a Yu Dong, Kan Wang, Myong Dong, Sandy Wang (really!) and the list goes on...

We have had several people with the last name Fooks..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of a name like that? It's not funny if your mental age is over 13, and obviously it violates the ToS.

I'd have reported you too, just like I've reported all of the "Wetcleetorus" over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    I don't think this name should need to be changed. It could very well be a legitimate Asian name..

I work in a hotel and we have had several Wang Dong's, a Yu Dong, Kan Wang, Myong Dong, Sandy Wang (really!) and the list goes on...

We have had several people with the last name Fooks..
    While you may be right. You have to know exactly what he was trying to do if he had to get so creative since 170+ people had a similar name. I highly doubt an entire clan of Fookers would invade an entire server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

I love all the people that break the rules, and then they get in trouble, and then they complain about how they got in trouble for breaking the rules that they knew they were breaking ahead of time.

Change your name, get over it. That name wasn't even funny or clever to begin with.

174 people?

That's a whole lot of unoriginal unfunny people right there....

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    While you may be right. You have to know exactly what he was trying to do if he had to get so creative since 170+ people had a similar name. I highly doubt an entire clan of Fookers would invade an entire server.
    lol - You are correct, when you put it into context and think about his intent, it is then inappropriate..

10+ Year Old Account
    9.9999999/10 times, the reason you've been reported for a name change is because of
    some poor choices in behaviours around other players. Think about it.... Was there a time
    you bitched someone out in lfr? Trolled/swore in trade chat? Generally were a prick to people?

Bad name choice or not, it's those types of behaviours that definetly make people want to report
    you in anyway they can. So you picked a bad name and then acted like an ass, you got what you earned.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I mean our Mistweaver Monk's name was Buttweaver and eventually he was asked to rename himself too, so.
    Either multiple people have that name (*sigh*) or I did an LFR with your monk a couple weeks ago.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

If you want something clever, (I only play Alliance but saw) Usdapproved - a tauren - that was neat.

And yes, I report bad names... really bad ones I report and get my guildmates to also.

You got lucky. Free name change from your previous terrible name.

Why the heck do they go after people for having implied lewd/vulgar language in their name, but every hozen basically uses the same implied vulgar language as dialogue?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanboost View Post
    Checked on Battlenet and there were 174 people with the name (Fookyu - also wanted Fookmi but it was taken) I wanted. I was just lucky enough for it to not be in use on my realm. I've played the character on and off since the start of MOP and today I was told that I am being forced to rename.

I'm angry that I'm being forced to rename when 174 other people get away with it. I've had nothing but laughs and funny Austin Powers quotes while playing her. There are 100+ of people with "FunkYou" and that's not even a funny movie reference.

I can't get a reply on this issue from Blizzard and refuse to rename until I do which sucks because I can't play the monk.

Have any of you had a similar issue?
    That is a completely inappropriate name. I hope you get banned permanently if you keep naming your toons like that because you are the type of person that gives gaming a bad name. As far as the reporting, that is all automated now. Once a name gets x number of reports, it forces the name change. I personnaly report ever name that is remotely vulgar or insulting. The sooner childish idiots like get fed up and quit playing (or at least grow up), the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Why the heck do they go after people for having implied lewd/vulgar language in their name, but every hozen basically uses the same implied vulgar language as dialogue?
    Given our current linguistic development I believe our results to currently be inconclusive as to the actual meaning of "dook you in the ooker". Therefore it cannot be labelled as lewd or vulgar language. For all we currently know the hozen could just be inviting us into its van for some delicious candy.