Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    Saurfang.

No, seriously.

Garrosh is strong, monstrous and brutish; clearly the more physically powerful of the two. But Saurfang is a veteran of several wars, has all the experience in the world, and would know exactly how to push a hothead like Garrosh into a fatal error.

I just can't see a Garrosh victory between those two. Essentially, they're similar combatants (unlike Garrosh and Thrall, for example), and Saurfang is by far the more schooled of the two.

And, holy shit, that gives me chills.
    I agree with you. Garrosh is physically powerful, but like his father, he is reckless and relies on his strength and bloodlust to overwhelm his enemies - which is why he had problems against Cairne in their duel (Let's be honest, had Magatha not interfered, Garrosh would be already dead and Cairne would be Warchief).

His recklessness already makes him less dangerous than he should be (doesn't even give him a crit buff), but as you said, experienced warriors or even more skilled, lesser experienced ones, would be able to draw him into showing an opening simply by taunting. Cairne did this as well.

Garrosh is strong, stronger than most orcs (I'd say as strong or stronger physically than most Tauren even), but his battle tactics are far too simplistic to overwhelm a warrior of more skill/experience like Cairne/Saurfang/Varian.

And for any Garrosh-lovers saying "Cairne lost because Garrosh is a better warrior," re-read their battle. Cairne is clearly the better fighter, and would've won until Garrosh made a desperate slash, grazing Cairne with the poison and hitting the weak point of the runespear (simple physics - hit the weak point of a long item like a runespear, like the middle, and it'll break), effectively winning a rigged duel. As I said earlier, had Magatha not interfered, Garrosh would be long dead, Cairne would be alive and Warchief and the runespear would not have broken.

Cutscene pre-Garrosh trash.

We see Saurfang charging towards the throne room cleaving sha orcs in twain; only to reach the Throne room to see Corrupt Orc Garrosh model. Then he talks about "We fought the Legion, to preserve the Horde, we fought the Scourge, to preserve the Horde, we fought the Hour of Twilight, to preserve the Horde, I see more of your father in you than he had himself. This path you've taken has led to too much pain, and it will end now. I fight for the Horde!" Then he charges and gets struck down by Gorehowl just like his son to the LK.

Deleted
    Meh. Horde favouritism.

Deleted
    Saurfang is boring, walks around muttering, pulls out his axe sometimes. There's nothing really interesting about him. Yes, he is powerful, and so is a volcano.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    If Saurfang gets the Warchief title, I can't express my joy in words!!!

Hell YES!
    Let me put it in words.

I'd return to the Horde.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    - Underground bunker
    - His final wing is called Downfall
    - Holocaust of the trolls ( LOL CMON )
    - Race supremacy
    So, Siege of Orgrimmar will be basically watching Garrosh as he rants about stuff in german while the subtitles have a incorrect yet funny translation?

DAS WAR EIN BEFEHL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm...i wonder if i can stil mind control him on priest.

Also:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Saurfang_facts
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    God damn, about time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    This also explains why Garrosh felt compelled to abandon Orgrimmar and make a new hideout underground.
    This could be Garrosh's redemption, he didn't want to use evil powers, but just hiding in the deeper cavern of the entire planet.

"Wtf, Saurfang is coming back, if he will discover all the shit i have done, he will cleave me to death! Come on, fucking peons, dig, dig, dig deeper, DEEPER GODDAMN"

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    So, Siege of Orgrimmar will be basically watching Garrosh as he rants about stuff in german while the subtitles have a incorrect yet funny translation?

DAS WAR EIN BEFEHL.
    Yep I'm surprised nobody has made one yet haha cmon It's fucking hitler hahaha.

Nice, will be awesome to see one more dead orc. Do not worry, Saurfang, we will do proper burial at Nagrand - Love, Alliance.

We named him Garrosh. It means I WILL TEAR YOU A NEW ASSHOLE in Orcish.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    Nice, will be awesome to see one more dead orc. Do not worry, Saurfang, we will do proper burial at Nagrand - Love, Alliance.
    sooo...you want to kill the most respected orc warrior known to both horde and alliance when he's probably helping against garrosh why?
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    sooo...you want to kill the most respected orc warrior known to both horde and alliance when he's probably helping against garrosh why?
    He'll die in duel with Garrosh, protecting Ally and Horde in raid.

you know this how? it would seem really petty for blizzard to bring back a fan favorite lore figure and kill them off in the same patch, it's not good writing since there's no clear reasoning behind having him die out of all the people in the raid so until there's something shown that says "he is dead as of this patch" I highly doubt they're killing him.
    Last edited by razorfire; 2013-06-15 at 05:51 PM.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

Legendary Wrathion questline for warrior's weapon!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Saurfang?

SAURFANG?

SAURFANG LORE?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!

Okay best Patch ever period.

Thank you for listening that we wanted Saurfang involved in the final Major Patch, Blizz.
    I find it inconceivable that there would be a "Siege of Orgrimmar" with a total absence of Saurfang. :P

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 06:31 PM ----------

It's not nice to troll.

Saurfang........................... is back....................... excuse me for one moment.

/SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(yes yes, he's talking about purple curtains, but just focus on the squee :P)

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    I'm pretty happy if this is true.

saurfang will cleave garrosh, 1 shot.

players will not have a chance for killing garrosh

10+ Year Old Account
    This could be Garrosh's redemption
    NO, NO, NO

Garrosh will not be redeemed. He will fall once...and for all. And we'll all dance.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi