Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Heroic Dark Animus Zerg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjR2c...ature=youtu.be

Discuss? Seems the "wall boss" of the tier is now zergable!
    Last edited by Anonymitylol; 2013-06-14 at 05:23 AM.

Wall boss, huh?
    The boss is easy with the usual strategies out there - especially thanks to the item uprades.

Anyway, strat looks good. Will give it a try next reset.
    Last edited by Snuzzfizzle; 2013-06-14 at 05:26 AM.

I don't see a problem with this strategy this late in the tier. If you were capped at 3k valor the week of 5.3 release, you should have every item but 1 fully upgraded.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Wall boss, huh?
    The boss is easy with the usual strategies out there - especially thanks to the item uprades.

Anyway, strat looks good. Will give it a try next reset.

Eh I'm just saying what people said haha, always heard it was supposed to be the wall. ;s

Deleted
    Correct me if I'm wrong (we haven't tried this boss on hc yet) but what you do is grab the small adds like in normal, activate the boss right off the bat and kill all adds except for 4 of them (I can count at least 4 alive) and then just nuke the living shit out of the boss?

It has a decently steep dps requirement on it, 2 tank/1 heal as well so your comp might not allow it at all. 237k from everyone in the raid for 2:36. Some being high means some can be low (in our case we *gamed* BrM vengeance and unerring demonology to do 700k+ on most pulls between the two of us).

It isn't anything like the normal strategy. I linked a detailed-ish strategy post on icy-veins a few posts up.

Easy boss after the nerfs anyways. We fucked up the anima so the enrage was WAY too soon and still killed it the week of the nerfs. Havnt killed it lately since we are extending on Lei Shen but I assume it is even more of a joke now.

Prob, considering gear upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    I don't see a problem with this strategy this late in the tier. If you were capped at 3k valor the week of 5.3 release, you should have every item but 1 fully upgraded.
    This late? Hmmm.

Zerg strategies are never a good thing and this is on HEROIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    This late? Hmmm.

Zerg strategies are never a good thing and this is on HEROIC.
    Care to explain why? Finding different ways to approach fights based on your comp and strengths isn't a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Care to explain why? Finding different ways to approach fights based on your comp and strengths isn't a bad thing.
    This is my mentality entirely. Blizzard setup this fight without one set way of absolutely doing it, they would've just made it lfr if they wanted to. They set it up in a way specifically to allow you to chose how you manipulate the anima.

If you say the zerg strat is wrong, then let me ask you this: Is it wrong that every single other guild that has this dead on heroic has entirely skipped larges?

The question is simple, if skipping both massives and larges is wrong, then why is only skipping larges alright? It isn't how blizzard intended anyone to do the fight originally, but because they left if open to interpretation, top guilds found the best way.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong (we haven't tried this boss on hc yet) but what you do is grab the small adds like in normal, activate the boss right off the bat and kill all adds except for 4 of them (I can count at least 4 alive) and then just nuke the living shit out of the boss?
    The boss is active as soon as the fight starts on Heroic Mode. Looks like everyone just held 1 add each, except tank taking 3-4? And a dps or two holding a second, and killing a couple into the boss, the rest die off from siphons

Honestly, seeing something like this isn't too shocking. Wouldn't have been possible during the early weeks of progression...but with Meta gems, 600 Cloaks, Item Upgrades, Weeks worth of gear upgrades, I don't see why this is too unreasonable for people to do to try and make the fight quicker (maybe not easier per se). I regret not seeing this earlier, would like to have tried it last night for raid to see if our raid group could do this easier than the actual fight.
    Last edited by YataZuljin; 2013-06-14 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gahddo View Post
    This is my mentality entirely. Blizzard setup this fight without one set way of absolutely doing it, they would've just made it lfr if they wanted to. They set it up in a way specifically to allow you to chose how you manipulate the anima.

If you say the zerg strat is wrong, then let me ask you this: Is it wrong that every single other guild that has this dead on heroic has entirely skipped larges?

The question is simple, if skipping both massives and larges is wrong, then why is only skipping larges alright? It isn't how blizzard intended anyone to do the fight originally, but because they left if open to interpretation, top guilds found the best way.
    Not to mention the Ra-den strat everyone uses completely bypasses a phase of the fight. Lots of people do Ji-kun after just two nests now too.

This happens every tier. Nothing to see here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could this tactic be optimized even further? I'm sure this Forum has alot great minds.

We're going to try this boss the first time on Monday. Should have the setup and dps to do this zerg thingy tbh.

Questions I have is:

- Can the Fight be extended by 20-30 seconds somehow to reduce the DPS needed?
    - The first Jolt comes after XX seconds from what I've read. So wouldn't it be possible to let's say kill 4 Little Golems in 2 Inactive Large Ones in that peroid without losing too much DPS on the boss (multidot etc.)?

- Is a Monk tank needed or would a pally tank suffice aswell? Shouldn't see why not - damage done should be about as high as a monk I guess
    - Is Holy Pally needed? I'm asking, because running with a Disc or even Mistweaver would add alot more dps aswell.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    - Can the Fight be extended by 20-30 seconds somehow to reduce the DPS needed?
    - The first Jolt comes after XX seconds from what I've read. So wouldn't it be possible to let's say kill 4 Little Golems in 2 Inactive Large Ones in that peroid without losing too much DPS on the boss (multidot etc.)?
    You'd have to kill 6 I think? He starts at 52 and Jolt comes at 75. Therefore, he needs to drain 22 targets max. 25 smalls -> 21 small + 2 large is still too much. 19 + 3 should do it.

It could be possible, but only if those were damaged golems and they were positioned perfectly so you could instantly Shadowburn/execute or something them into larges. DPSing full hp golem would take away quite a bit of time - and even if you could do that with dots, you'd still have to position them properly, taking away some dps from the boss.

Although, I might be overestimating the dps requirements a bit.

Edit: Oh yeah, gotta love the last line from IV.
    "-side note- This will not work for 25 ever, the math puts the check at ~300k from all the dps and the tank in the raid with 1 tank and 4 heals :/ "

*That's* the reason I dislike those zergs - to the guy who asks what's so bad about it.

Edit2: Reading a bit more about this, they also feed full golems to Animus. In order to save the energy, you'd have to offtank them for full 2:20. That's quite a bit of damage.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2013-06-14 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gahddo View Post
    Lol, interesting way of doing it, find the normal way easier tho.

OT: What is the song?

Do you have logs for this?
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Would be interesting to see how fast it goes down with a Ra-den level guild. Maybe I'll try and get my guild to try next week.