Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    I'm sure other bosses have annoying mechanics as well, but they're not skipped. The fact is, even 25m avoids an entire mechanic in the fight so the argument pertaining to the logic applies and don't also think this strat is as viable as the normal strat for progression because it relies heavily on group composition(tank/healers).
    This would make sense if people were activating large golems in 10 and dealt with Crimson wake, instead of dumping anima into broken golems. And I'm pretty sure that zerg will become easier than normal progression with more people gaining cloaks and most of their upgrade.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    This would make sense if people were activating large golems in 10 and dealt with Crimson wake, instead of dumping anima into broken golems. And I'm pretty sure that zerg will become easier than normal progression with more people gaining cloaks and most of their upgrade.
    But the logic is still there, common != normal. The normal way to do animus is to activate larges, both 25s and 10s decided it'd be easier to remove an entire mechanic. Now 10 has decided it's easier to remove another mechanic, and 25 can follow suit if their composition allows for it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    But the logic is still there, common != normal. The normal way to do animus is to activate larges, both 25s and 10s decided it'd be easier to remove an entire mechanic. Now 10 has decided it's easier to remove another mechanic, and 25 can follow suit if their composition allows for it.
    I'll believe it when I see it. So far, dps calculations for 25s make it look far worse - unless Blizz decides to both hotfix vengeance caps and completely gut Lei Shen trinket.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. So far, dps calculations for 25s make it look far worse - unless Blizz decides to both hotfix vengeance caps and completely gut Lei Shen trinket.
    Except for the numerous stormlashes/skull banners/tricks that 25 have, followed by almost every serious 25m having 4+ warlocks(As you can see our demo's boss damage).

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except for the numerous stormlashes/skull banners/tricks that 25 have, followed by almost every serious 25m having 4+ warlocks(As you can see our demo's boss damage).
    Well, even the fastest 25 man kills don't have people doing anywhere near 450mln on him during first 1:10 or so. And that's the time where you pretty much "zerg" him using heroism and just multi dot adds, before starting the cleanup phase. Sure it's not quite the same idea, but let's just say that I remain skeptical.

This is a myth unless you are talking about alts. I doubt half the top 50 25 mans have 4+ locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    This is a myth unless you are talking about alts. I doubt half the top 50 25 mans have 4+ locks.
    I think his main point is that this is an available option to 25mans that 10mans do not have the luxury of even suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    oh you 10man, still trying to pretend it's as hard as 25, when most bosses die 1-2 minutes faster and zerg strats come out....
    1600 posts and you try to troll? Let's not start this.

paragon did it today, check devais restream if you want to see it, 2 tank 2 heal 6 dps, both tanks at like 300-400k

kill time was like 2:10ish, right after first siphon so about 30 seconds faster than this vid
    Last edited by onemanaleft; 2013-06-18 at 06:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't just the dps though. 25m you have far less space to move to avoid Font while tanking an add. You would have to sit the majority if not all of your melee. I don't think this strat would be viable in 25m at all during this tier.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-06-18 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    It isn't just the dps though. 25m you have far less space to move to avoid Font while tanking an add. You would have to sit the majority if not all of your melee. I don't think this strat would be viable in 25m at all during this tier.
    Maybe if you sit the melee for their warlock alts with Lei Shen trinkets.

please provide a strategy that involves activating large anima golems, which significantly reduces the dps requirement and/or significantly extends the time until full power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziharkk View Post
    Would be fun to do just for padding and ranking's sake.

We oneshot it every week doing it the "right" way though, so kind of pointless. ToT starts to turn into a massive joke once you're sitting on ~540 ilvls.
    No! Outgearing the content makes it easy?!?!?! Who would've guessed!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So much more fun than the conventional way. Seeing so many Imps just makes you giggle... 830k DPS where 435k of it was Wild Imps alone.

So let me get this straight: this strat only works on heroic because there's a 2 minute grace period after the boss activates before it starts casting Siphon Anima, kind of like there's 1 minute grace period on LFR. And all of this is not even touched in dungeon journal because fuck all. Am I just being a complete idiot here? What the hell were they thinking?
    Last edited by Alhoon; 2013-06-19 at 03:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illitti View Post
    So let me get this straight: this strat only works on heroic because there's a 2 minute grace period after the boss activates before it starts casting Siphon Anima, kind of like there's 1 minute grace period on LFR. And all of this is not even touched in dungeon journal because fuck all. Am I just being a complete idiot here? What the hell were they thinking?
    If the zerg isn't viable for progression then what does it matter? just a cool way to do the boss.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    While the intent might not be there at this point in time, it's clearly designed this way on the boss. The boss revolves around a 2 minute grace before the first siphon and piling as much anima in as few targets as possible to delay the enrage. Unlike most bosses with a hard enrage (this one technically has one too) we can completely control the difficulty and the move the hard enrage up and down depending on our DPS.

The 10 man encounter prior to upgrades, cloaks and metas was incredibly hard. Aside from the opening 90 seconds of chaos on 25 man with precise positioning the encounter still translated well between the two. Jolt does the exact same damage in both difficulties (which is odd) making it more difficult to deal with in 10 man considering the lack of raid CDs. Matter swap happens at the same frequency as well.

Upgrades and gear scaling have made the encounter break a threshold where it has become a lot easier if you have the gear and composition to pull it off. This isn't a new development in the game. It's also a reason why you're an increase in heroic kills (at least on my realm) because player power completely overpowers some encounters.

Mechanically they are close encounters on 10/25 though. Eventually 25s will be able to do the same too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabrex View Post
    If the zerg isn't viable for progression then what does it matter? just a cool way to do the boss.
    Obviously it is, people are using it for first kills, still dont see the big deal tho lol.

My guild begins progression on this boss this week. Will post information, thoughts, and further clarification after we get some pulls done.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Obviously it is, people are using it for first kills, still dont see the big deal tho lol.
    I'm sure 10 man guilds don't mind this. 25 man raiders can feel rather annoyed with the fight lasting less than half of typical 25 man first kill, not having to deal with either Matter Swap or Jolts - seeing how a single Jolt is trivial to survive using all possible cooldowns - and being able to do it with fairly generous dps requirements.

Then again, it might just be me and I absolutely despise this boss, even when "farming" him.