Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabrex View Post
    Not really viable as a kill strat for those who haven't down it but an interesting way of changing it up on farm.
    I don't see why not. It took us roughly ~120-130 pulls(Taking a guesstimate on how many times we randomly hit orb out of boredom of sitting there for 1-2 minutes every pull and subtracting it, I think a total of 139 pulls on dbm). It's more than viable for progression.
    Last edited by Anonymitylol; 2013-06-15 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the deal with this warlock?

His damage on dark animus is less than what the mage/rogue/shadow did

Do you really need a demo wl on this fight? Or am I missing something? Adds are being offtanked by dps anyway, aren't they? So all this dps pushing is useless?

EDIT: Ok, I guess the Imp is not shown in the Damage taken from section... so Damage from Imp + WL on Animus = 53 Mio - now I get it.

Does the Imp always hit your target? or is that random?
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2013-06-15 at 08:42 PM.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    Whats the deal with this warlock?

His damage on dark animus is less than what the mage/rogue/shadow did

Do you really need a demo wl on this fight? Or am I missing something? Adds are being offtanked by dps anyway, aren't they? So all this dps pushing is useless?
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...2374&target=30

Turns out with the zerg strat, UVLS + Doom on all the small adds along with the opness of wild imps kinda makes demo lock damage out of control. Still 50% higher than the next dps ON THE BOSS.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does UVLS stand for?
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

10+ Year Old Account
    Unerring Vision of Lei Shen.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Unerring Vision of Lei Shen (100% crit trinket).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does the Imp always hit your target? or is that random?
    They always hit what he is hitting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    I don't see why not. It took us roughly ~120-130 pulls(Taking a guesstimate on how many times we randomly hit orb out of boredom of sitting there for 1-2 minutes every pull and subtracting it, I think a total of 139 pulls on dbm). It's more than viable for progression.
    You think the people who can't avoid the basic mechanics that make the fight 'hard' are capable of avoiding those same mechanics except doing their rotations perfectly for a straight two minutes?

Hey all it was our first night on H DA and guild wanted to go with this strat. Just a couple of quick things in case your guild is thinking about doing this (as a progression boss.)

Pros: The strat itself is extremely simple to execute and you have a max of 2.5 min wipes which is nice.

Cons: We had about 40 pulls on it tonight ill link logs below if anyone wanted to see. Best pull was about 5% and we should get it tomorrow. The hardest part about this strat by far is the fact that you have about 8 people with 1x mini golem on them for the entire fight. This pretty much means that if even one person fucks up at any point in this encounter its pretty much an auto wipe as the golem runs to another target--> chains with it and then rapes and 1 shots the player. This means that your guild/raid needs to have absolute 100% perfect execution. If anyone in the entire raid dies at any point it is pretty much an auto wipe.

Verdict: If your guild is extremely geared and has either a Protadin or a Brewmaster try it. We 2 healed 1 tanked and our Prot Paladin was doing about 185k HPS per pull and 450k sustained DPS. If you don't have one of these two tanks I really wouldn't waste time doing this. Both the DPS check and healing check are pretty tight. Its extremely spiky damage and your tank regardless of class will probably get gibbed at some point every few pulls. As far as the long run goes, the "normal strat" is probably the way to go until a little bit higher ilvl (our raid is all around 535 ilvl). More time consuming to figure out and execute but less RNG and constant instant wipes caused by someone dying causing their golem to go ham.

Strat similar to icy veins post: 1 Tank (Brewmaster or Protadin) 2 Heal (Don't even do this if you have a R sham, Discs/Hpal/MW really shine here)

Tank gets 3 Mini Golems + Boss @ Pull. One person in the raid stands in-between 2x mini golems to prevent them from chaining. Everyone else grabs 1x Golem apart from one dedicated melee who needs to be doing anima ring with the tank. All DPS get aggro of their golem @ pull then lust and nuke the boss. Tank kills his golems and then taunts the extra one off the ranged player who is taking 2 golems. (We opted to leave this 4th golem up on the tank for the rest of the fight for even more vengeance. 1 Add + Boss didn't feel different from just tanking the boss and no adds damage intake wise.) Pray to RNGJesus that u have the DPS to kill the boss and watch your feet for anima font and that's really it. Very clever and props to HC for figuring this strat out. Definitely has potential especially with everyone's recent ilvl skyrocketing.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cti8fys2e8ck6su9/
    Last edited by Sting123; 2013-06-16 at 07:38 AM.

what irks me the most is that you pretty much need to have a certain tank classes to pull this off. as a warrior i envy the monk dps =/

Anyone done this in 25man?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Sting123 View Post
    Very clever and props to HC for figuring this strat out. Definitely has potential especially with everyone's recent ilvl skyrocketing.
    (: Wzrdy is ma frand.

1 Add + Boss didn't feel different from just tanking the boss and no adds damage intake wise.
    Why not let 2 adds + Boss on the Tank for more dmg? or is it too much dmg to sustain without cooldowns?

Verdict: If your guild is extremely geared and has either a Protadin or a Brewmaster try it. We 2 healed 1 tanked and our Prot Paladin was doing about 185k HPS per pull and 450k sustained DPS. If you don't have one of these two tanks I really wouldn't waste time doing this.
    a guardian druid should be able to do it tbh. he'll have a 40-45% uptime on nature's vigil.

My guilds making me reroll BwM monk cause of this sadly. You couldn't do this with a blood dk, or a prot warrior period. Unless you stacked haste/crit on the blood dk.

Nice. Looked fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    doing this strat this week, with 1 tank 1 healer
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

oh you 10man, still trying to pretend it's as hard as 25, when most bosses die 1-2 minutes faster and zerg strats come out....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    oh you 10man, still trying to pretend it's as hard as 25, when most bosses die 1-2 minutes faster and zerg strats come out....
    In other news, the 25vs10 debate still rages on, as retarded as ever.

Tune back at 11 for more broken logic.