Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Windwool Cloth - What do I do with it?

I have a huge amount of Windwool Cloth, I am trying to sell it on the Auction House but it just isn't selling fast enough. Is there something Tailors can do with it I am just not seeing? It is not worth it to make the 28 slot bags with because I have other things I use the Spirit of Harmony for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I turn all of mine into bolts so that I can always do my daily Imperial Silk cooldown and not ever have to go scrounging for cloth or waste plots on my farm growing the stuff. I do use spirit of harmony to make the 28 slot bags but I also make one every 12 days from the regular daily cooldown and sell them for 5k which may not seem like an efficient way of making money, it requires absolutely no effort on my part and I have quite a bit of gold saved up especially considering how little I actually play the game.

---------- Post added 2013-06-07 at 09:08 AM ----------

You can also use it to make crafted pvp gear which still sells on AH for pretty decent money compared to the mats required to make them.

Use the daily cooldown to make Imperial Silk (you can make more a day if you have enough spirits of harmony).

Than use the imperial silk either to make gear or royal satchels (28 slot bags).

Thats what I've been doing atleast...

Yes, as I said, making the bags by using Spirits of Harmony is a waste for me and you only need 40 cloth a day to make the cooldown; I have over 10,000 pieces of cloth.

I had the same issue

Lotsa lotsa cloth from solo farming over 80 warbringers on my lock for mounts

I didn't know what to do with all this cloth so I tried burying it, shredding it and burning it.

But in the end I decided to just create bracers and disenchant them.

i415 Belts/Bracers/Boots go for 500g+ on my realm, might want to check prices on your realm.

28 slot bags sell for 3-4k gold on my server. Not bad.

I turn it into tailoring greens, then disenchant them for Enchanting materials :P
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

10+ Year Old Account
    I send most of mine to my guilds tailor :P

I also make sure I have a stack of Heavy Windwool bandages on me at all times. Those things have saved my life before!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    craft level 85 greenies with 3-4 bolts required, sell the blues procced on AH for 250-300g ea. and vendor/DE the rest

Deleted
    i play on a low pop server and nobody is buying the pvp blues. hence i send all my cloth to my tailor, create pvp blues and disenchant them. an ethereal shard is always more expensive on my realm than a stack of woolcloth...

Deleted
    I use mine to make the 358 PvP gear, disenchant it, then either sell my enchanting scroll things or turn the shards in to a Sha Crystal to sell

Quote Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
    Yes, as I said, making the bags by using Spirits of Harmony is a waste for me and you only need 40 cloth a day to make the cooldown; I have over 10,000 pieces of cloth.
    Make silk, make bags from silk, sell bags, hit goldcap.

It's not a waste, you're just lazy.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post

No, it is a waste so don't try and feed me crap. I use the Spirits for Golden Lotus, 10 Spirits for 1300g or 36 Spirits for 4k? No thanks bro.
    It is a waste, you're just stupid.

Thanks for the tips, I'll try making the blues and see if that's better, cloth on my realm is 40g a stack and a Shard is 41g so that's a bit of a wash
    Last edited by Marionette; 2013-06-08 at 04:34 AM.

You could take a risk and just bank it on a guild bank alt. Never know if next patch Blizzard decides to allow a Tailoring catch up ala ghost iron bars for blacksmithing. Nothing's been announced for further profession catchup and I am speculating but that's what I would do. I'm sure there would be obscene amount of cloth needed for that kind of catchup and you turn a huge profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    500 stacks? Wtf have you been farming and for how long?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have access to an enchanter then the process is simple. Make crafted blue PvP gear that you learned with your cooldown past patch 5.2. I personally use this: http://www.wowdb.com/items/93420-cra...ape-of-cruelty but basically anything that uses 4 bolts works. Craft it, DE it, and you turn 1 stack of cloth into 1 Ethereal Shard. If you have an enchanter then you can both sell the Shards and turn them into cheap Crystals. If you do it in a level 25 guild with the bountiful bags proc you get even more Ethereal Shards. CLoth sells for 25g a stack on my realm, while the Ethereal Shards go for about 40g, not bad for an easy job.

If you don't have access to an enchanter, then idk. Get one then!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    If you have access to an enchanter then the process is simple. Make crafted blue PvP gear that you learned with your cooldown past patch 5.2. I personally use this: http://www.wowdb.com/items/93420-cra...ape-of-cruelty but basically anything that uses 4 bolts works. Craft it, DE it, and you turn 1 stack of cloth into 1 Ethereal Shard. If you have an enchanter then you can both sell the Shards and turn them into cheap Crystals. If you do it in a level 25 guild with the bountiful bags proc you get even more Ethereal Shards. CLoth sells for 25g a stack on my realm, while the Ethereal Shards go for about 40g, not bad for an easy job.

If you don't have access to an enchanter, then idk. Get one then!
    He'd be losing a ton of cloth/gold that way.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

See if making bolts is profitable.

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 12:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post

All realm economies are not the same. Making Royal Satchels on my realm is also a gold loss.

I don't know what your realm economy is like, but I see this a lot from the epitome of lazy/stupid people. They see something that sells for a lot of gold like the Royal Satchel and go "wooo gold! I'm gonna be rich!" Not realizing that the mats to make the satchels actually cost more than the bag is selling itself.

On my realm the bag is selling for about 3k...slowly. While the mats to make it (depending if you use Spirits or not) cost about 5k. Every idiot that sells their bags for 3k is effectively losing 2k gold. I have a tailor, but I still bought all my Royal Satchels (11 total) from the AH, because it was cheaper to buy them then make them myself.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-06-08 at 05:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    He'd be losing a ton of cloth/gold that way.
    In what way? If s/he is getting more and more cloth and can't get it sold, and it keeps increasing then what is s/he loosing by turning cloth into Ethereal shards? I assume people are smart enough not to turn their whole backlog into shards all at once, but I fail to see what could be lost by doing this.