Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Looking at this...

I think the first boss is a bit superfluous. I think that they could have picked something else besides an elemental. Its place in the raid feels a lot like Morchok.

It looks like half the instance (up to sha) takes place in Pandaria because of Norushen. If I'm not mistaken, he was inside the vault of Yrshaj in that scenario. I'm not sure how he would get to Ogrimmar.

The way it's designed, it feels a little like two raids instead of one. I'm excited for the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    I think the first boss is a bit superfluous. I think that they could have picked something else besides an elemental. Its place in the raid feels a lot like Morchok.

It looks like half the instance (up to sha) takes place in Pandaria because of Norushen. If I'm not mistaken, he was inside the vault of Yrshaj in that scenario. I'm not sure how he would get to Ogrimmar.
    Water elemental is the corrupted water from the Vale. Looks like we start from Vale and go to Org or something.
    Norushen was captured by the Kor'kron, so it's easy to say they brought him back to Org.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    It's 16 bosses (a few of them don't have dungeon journals yet - protodrake, Spoils of Pandaria). The first four make a logical unit for cleansing the Vale. So it will probably be 4/4/3/3.

They've said that flex raid will be entered as a queued raid, and divided into wings like LFR. I guess this makes it easier for them to open the wings one at a time.
    What we do know is that the first part will end after the Sha of Pride.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, some more that weren't available before.

No sign of what the 'Spoils of Pandaria' encounter is yet, eh? Mysterious!

tbh I'm a tad unimpressed with the boss lineup. I'm sure the encounters will be very thrilling and a heck of a good time, but Garrosh and Nazgrim are the only ones Horde and Alliance combined that the corruption was able to reach to allow the old god to take control? I was seriously hoping for Jaina and Lorthremar to be bosses here. The storyline was ridiculously cool when the bell was stolen from Darnassus, Jaina had a kneejerk reaction and both her and the Blood Elf regeant lord were so overcome with the idea of vengeance and overtaking the other...would have been amazing to see a wrench thrown in both sides of how powerful the idea of "pride" really is. Perhaps not necessarily those two, but a very notable "leader" from both sides now at the will of the corrupted pride of an old god would be quite compelling, fights that both sides can feel conflicted about battling through but knowing it has to be done.

Some wicked wicked encounters so far. Dark Shaman and Juggernaut seem fairly straightforward, but everything else so far have some really cool mechanics. Paragons and Malkorok look particularly fun.

A lot of subtleties that should provoke some interesting strategies. Thok'll be a cockblock I feel, huge gearcheck. Having to keep everyone alive and spread out as long as possible before provoking the frenzy will be rough on WF guilds. Run out of prisoners, and it's a quick trip to a soft enrage wipe.

Very excited. Can't wait for the rest.

Looks great! Can't wait for 5.4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    I want Nazgrim's death dialogue to be: "Thrall's.... Balls...."

Only then will this raid be perfect.
    ill second that piece of genius masterpiece, right on !

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 06:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    He's not corrupted. It looks like he's using Y'shaarj's powers to make himself more powerful, and Y'shaarj allows it because he's not powerful enough to spread chaos.
    yes a tainted gift of strength to one who can maybe reap the sort of destruction / fear the old gods lust after.
    Last edited by mmoc3f6b26f27f; 2013-06-14 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    No sign of what the 'Spoils of Pandaria' encounter is yet, eh? Mysterious!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    And I look forward to finding out more about the Spoils of Pandaria. So many different things that that could be. Say, wasn't that one giant statue missing its head?
    edit/update:

Mistaken info, whoops
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2013-06-14 at 05:40 PM.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Spoils of Pandaria are the Golden Lotus questgivers. Don't remember where I saw this, but it's around here somewhere. It's a lot like Conclave of Winds encounter ... when one goes to 1% it goes into a healing trance, and the others must be brought to 1% within 20 seconds.
    No, that's the Fallen Protectors.

We really don't know much about the Spoils of Pandaria encounter.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post

Could be anything. Terracotta constructs garrosh built with Titan tech maybe. He captured creatures and brought them back to Orgrimmar, as seen in the Thok fight. Who knows what else he brought back. Enslaved/corrupt saurok/hozen/jinyu, Mogu defecting to him after Lei'Shen's death? Could be a gauntlet fight, or something fun and gimmicky.
    Last edited by Bashkar; 2013-06-14 at 05:43 PM.

THEY'RE MAKING ME KILL OFF MY FAVORITE NPCS. ;___;
    Especially He Softfoot! Whyyy! And the Klaxxi with the weird puppy-dog-like kurchongs!

Ohh.. at least the fights sound awesome so far. ;-;
    BIG CHUNKUS

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post

Doh, my bad
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    THEY'RE MAKING ME KILL OFF MY FAVORITE NPCS. ;___;
    Especially He Softfoot! Whyyy! And the Klaxxi with the weird puppy-dog-like kurchongs!

Ohh.. at least the fights sound awesome so far. ;-;
    Fallen Protectors will be fine.

"Bringing all three Protectors to 1% health simultaneously will restore clarity to their clouded minds."

As for the Paragons? They're probably gone, making us players the only Paragons in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooble View Post
    Execute - Executes a player for 120% of their maximum health. This attack pierces immunities and cannot be dodged, blocked, or parried.

Nerf warriors.
    Guardian Druids are f**ked? Prot Paladin best tank again for T16.

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    I want Nazgrim's death dialogue to be: "Thrall's.... Balls...."

Only then will this raid be perfect.

This would be amazing.

I'm actually really sad about what happens to the GL questgivers, especially He Softfoot and especially Sun Tenderheart. Sun and her husband's interactions were always amusing and...tender. <_<

Fallen Protectors will be fine.

"Bringing all three Protectors to 1% health simultaneously will restore clarity to their clouded minds."

As for the Paragons? They're probably gone, making us players the only Paragons in the world.
    Oh thank God.

Guardian Druids are f**ked? Prot Paladin best tank again for T16.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks epic! I wonder why the Golden Lotus turn against us (Alliance at least) and the Klaxxi after waking them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamists View Post
    RIP in peace Nazgrim
    Are you aware you said Rest In Peace in peace?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WyvernVJ View Post
    Looks epic! I wonder why the Golden Lotus turn against us (Alliance at least) and the Klaxxi after waking them all.

Are you aware you said Rest In Peace in peace?
    Golden Lotus sounds like a case of Sha corruption due to the Sha of Pride.

As for the Klaxxi, they made it clear that their ultimate loyalty was with the Old Gods, and that working with the Alliance and the Horde was a matter of convenience, not fellowship. With Y'Shaarj's power on the rise in Orgrimmar, the mantid have most likely come there to swear their allegiance to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Looking at this...

I think the first boss is a bit superfluous
    Don't you mean... superFLUIDous!? Haha

ha

..ha...

im done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Don't you mean... superFLUIDous!? Haha

ha

..ha...

im done
    OOooooh! Bazinga!

Also, I'm offering 3 gnomes and a blood elf for whoever finds out what the Spoils boss is all about! :d