Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Agreed. The only people who will complain about this were the ones exploiting it to begin with. The innocent man knows he is innocent, but the guilty man will shout at the top of his lungs trying to convince others that he is the innocent one. Exploits should be nerfed. I have 0 sympathy for you, or anyone else who "just got nerfed" by this exploit fix.
    I've known innocent men who've done a bit of shouting. Perhaps people are complaining, because they didn't do anything wrong? There was no exploiting. Blizzard nerfed spawn rates, that's it. There was no "exploit" to fix. It was a good cloth grinding spot. There were tons of multiple mob groups that spawned at a decent rate, even with no one around (with players around it was better). I was able to get enough cloth to level tailoring in a little over an hour, while I leveled from 83 to 84 without questing. What exactly am I guilty of?

This spot has existed since Cata. Blizzard finally did something it, because botters found it. Actual players use the spot, because it's listed as of the best places to farm cloth on Wowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Certain classes were vastly better at it than others.

Also the farming that happened there was ridiculous, plus all the cloth that dropped.
    Players killing more than 3 mobs at a time?! Ridiculous! Getting cloth from killing mobs?! Outragous! Seed of Corruption is an exploit.

Deleted
    Hah really? I just found about it like 3 weeks ago or so and used it to farm greens to level enchanting on my alt (and did end up making a decent sum on spare mats). Was too good to be true, though. :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    With that great of instant spawn rate? I'd certainly love to know.
    Schnottz isn't instant but it's not slow either.

If you are looking for free gold and you found it, you know it's going to be nerfed.

Let's hope they don't find the MoP farm in *********.

Deleted
    Yeah, ppl were actually farming cloth at a decent rate in that area. I mean it's not like you can get retarded amounts of frostweave cloth back in Icecrown nor can you get retarded amounts of leather in several vanilla areas. Noooo, it's that damn spot, that wasn't even as retarded as the frostweave cloth area, that needed to be nerfed. Also considering cata cloth is the hardest to get cloth in the game and the AH prices are insane as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, this makes me sad. :-\ This was a great place to get mats for Embersilk Bags.

Oh well.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by palamanian View Post
    Rather surprised it took this long, must of been one of the very last things on their list.
    yes, the list is now empty and they stop doing anything else 8>

well if you have a stock of eboneweave horde it now ...price is going to go up 500% at least

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    I'm surprised it took them this long to nerf it honestly.

Bring an aoe heavy class like a warlock, and the amount of gold you could make there was insane. I could pull 3-5k/hour easy.
    My main is a shadow priest and it was ridiculous how fast I could farm there. I could grab 3 or more groups of mobs and mow 'em down
    with mind sear. The problem is that I had is that it was just plain boring.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 04:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    what was everyone doing with the cloth? i was using it to make embersilk bags and sell them.
    I sold bolts in stacks. They'd go for between 350 and 400g a stack on AH.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Do what I've always done to level.. Get a max level character to boost me in dungeons for a couple hours.
    Exactly this,

I started on a new server, decided to take herb and mining to get gold before going into other professions, my mate on that server needed some cloth, so I said I'll go run the max amount of heroics solo, took me less than a hour to clear them all,

Gave him the cloth, he was like "oh my god" you sure dude?

Turned out, at 77g a stack and getting 16 stacks wasn't a bad lil grind

So for a week I ran those instances and stocked up on cloth, got my epic flying, few pieces of gear so I was happy

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The morale to the story is that the first rule of profit club is that you don't talk about profit club.
    This... Also count for those shitty streamers with thousands of ppl watching (ie reckful) getting farmed/farming at some spot.
    Sometimes i see this guy just hovering somewhere, gaining loads of xp, because some fanboy nerd is farming for him.

I am not suprised if blizz is really going take some action against tmorph users, since this guy is morphing into every boss there is with loads of ppl watching. And the whole chat is about tmorph.
    Last edited by psycon; 2013-06-15 at 12:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard just promotes the use of gold buying though there actions.

Okay, so then invent a potion, that promotes, and even tells you to go out into the game world and kill mods, to GRIND mods, so you can make money and mats from it. They tell are outright telling you to grind.

And so players try to use to for some profit making, you know, like the people that buy and sell on the AH do.

Yet, grinding is the fuck boring thing in the game, and so players using there initiative, find a way to utilize the potion so they can grind a good portion of gold from it well it lasts. They end up finding a cluster of mods with a fast respawn time, and make gold from this. There is nothing illegal or cheating about this method, as it all is integral to the game itself and doesn't utilize anything more then what is already in the game.

And yet when it becomes known about this method, blizzard decides 'ha, they are makng gold to easy now, lets have them work harder for it *NERF!*.

And this is the major problem I have with the developers and mobs. They tell us some fruity message about 'go outside and enjoy life' like some preacher, and yet at the same time systematically make it if we want anything nice in wow, we NEED to grind for it for even longer. By nerfing the stand, we are now having to grind for even longer periods of time then before.

I believe, given the amount of time we put into this game, the leveling of of characters to max, the time spent doing ANYTHING in this game, including the god awful grinding dalies at max level, we should get some kind of reward for it for our effort in grinding. And lets be honest, spending days on end grinding dailies for some outdated gear isn't a reward, its torture, you can count the number of threads of people who hate daily grinding on a weekly basis.

This nerf is just spite. And, in forcing players out of grinding the spot in the game for some profit, they systematically promote more gold buying schemes, rather then players doing something in the game that isn't making use of third party systems and gold buying.

We need gold because blizzard throws shit at us that requires it, lots of it, and grinding anything in the game is boring. The only reason this spot was nerfed, is because it was becoming well known to players, and blizzard thought 'we don't want players using this, we're nerf it and force them out doing grinding in other methods!'.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by adorich View Post
    I've known innocent men who've done a bit of shouting. Perhaps people are complaining, because they didn't do anything wrong? There was no exploiting. Blizzard nerfed spawn rates, that's it. There was no "exploit" to fix.
    Now if to think of it. Specific Nagrand cave in TBC times, cave in Storm Peaks, and other similar places. Grinding same mobs for hours in the end was one of the things which people were doing. Remove the rewards from killing mobs or penalize it in some way, and it will become boring like most of MoP zones, where mobs are only worth killing if they are a part of quest/daily.

There was also other game out there, where inconsistency of developers' approach to the game led to community halting their activities on official forums and not sharing any findings about the game except on very-very closed sites so their findings wouldn't be nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Any unfair advantage will be nerfed - if you find a new way to exploit more xp/gold per minute than anywhere else it will be nerfed/removed. Deal with it.
    Killing mobs and looting them is not exploitation and it isn't unfair because anybody can go do it.

And by the way, if you want to farm gold, go to Uldum and loot the elitle Schnottz troops inside the various temples that they occupy. They give multiple gold per kill and are probably a breeze at 90. The ones at the Obelisk of the Moon are still there even if you're completed the zone, I think the rest of them phase out by the time you're done.
    Last edited by RicardoZ; 2013-06-15 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    The Developers want the Game to be fun, but stuff like kiling the same Turtles for Meat, the same Bugs for Skyshards, or the same Troggs on one spot over the course of Hours isn't fun. They are doing good in removing rewards from that places. I'm doing these every year during the Love Event because they sometimes award enough tokens for a sellable Mount in addition of their own and Treasurepotion Loot and it is definitely not on my Top_Most_Amazing_Exciting_Activities_in_WoW List.
    Speak for yourself, some people ENJOY grinding for gold like myself and many others. Just because you dont like doing it doesnt mean everyone else doesnt either.

where's the bluepost or hotfix statement on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsome View Post
    So Blizzard just nerfed the gold farming/leveling spot in Deepholm (Verlok Stand) by nerfering the spawn time.
    Do you think this nerf was needed or did they just destroy your farm place as the did for me, and now when that spot is gone where are you going to farm/level instead?

- Hotsome
    if you are farming embersilk cloth there, you were farming in the wrong spot.

Smart farmers go to Tol barad. CRZ is not enabled there and you stick to farming the ghosts that fight each other at half half (near the Horde camp) you can farm all the cloth you need in a very short amount of time.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    where's the bluepost or hotfix statement on this?
    Will never be listed in notes because they just want to sweep it under the rug and act like the way it is now is how it was always intended, same exact thing with the gal and sha mounts where they will never say a word about the hotfix that changed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    I don't like if there is no choice in what you grind. When player B oneshots 44k HP Troggs which hit for lesss than natural Regeneration while Player A aquires a Farming Group and and fights Hard-hitting Dinos with 13M HP, is it fair that player B earns way more golds? We're talking triple-quadruple.
    Wrong example. Those dino drop 1-2 copper grays. So if you are to solo-duo them, wear-and-tear repairs (if you are melee) will be more than what you looted. Whole MoP mob-farming is highly unrewarding. It is issue. And not that some mobs drop enough loot to cover wear-and-tear repairs and something on top of that.
    Smart farmers go to Tol barad. CRZ is not enabled there and you stick to farming the ghosts that fight each other at half half (near the Horde camp) you can farm all the cloth you need in a very short amount of time.
    Various things like that are better said in PMs. Unless you wanna see more and more nerfs.

Blizzard's logic: If people are having fun, nerf it.