Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollox View Post
    but being 50k behind Shamans, Mages and MONKS feels bad
    MONKS. How dare that red-haired stepchild of classes compete? The nerve...

From what I've read so far, I can only conclude that you're comfortably topping the charts within your raid group, but still complaining about simulated BiS DPS? Which you're still pretty far away from? I genuinely don't see the problem?

Unless it's some kind of altruistic motive trying to get the entire class raised due to misunderstood conclusions you've drawn from a single source, even though it's not a problem for you personally? That's nice and all I guess. But...it's totally unnecessary. As other people have pointed out, simmed DPS is an indication as to what's possible, not what you should be reaching normally.

From raidbots, using the specscore (all parses), in both 25 and 10 man heroic content, Frost is bottom half, but not as bad as the Marksman/Arms/Subtlety outliers. And Unholy is upper-middle of the pack, i.e. working as intended. If you're complaining that one spec of one class is sub-par in the literal sense, then, well, I don't know what to say. Join the other 50% of specs in the same situation? And you even have a viable alternative if you are Frost.

From re-reading a few more posts, it almost seems that you're somewhat upset that DKs aren't the dps flavour of the month? I don't even know where to go with that.

Perspective, man.
    Last edited by Sparkidy; 2013-06-18 at 11:50 PM.

Deleted
    Logs show DK's just above warriors, a notch above paladins, and way above monks and shamans. Why do we need to fear again?

Remember that DPS variations happen because of situation, gear, and most importantly, skill level. On an average basis tho, DK's are doing better than 4 other classes, which is lower half but still fine especially since the dps is only about 10% lower than on 6 of the remaining classes.
    Last edited by mmoc1f853858c0; 2013-06-18 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveaux View Post
    Logs show DK's just above warriors, a notch above paladins, and way above monks and shamans. Why do we need to fear again?

Remember that DPS variations happen because of situation, gear, and most importantly, skill level. On an average basis tho, DK's are doing better than 4 other classes, which is lower half but still fine especially since the dps is only about 10% lower than on 6 of the remaining classes.
    What logs? Why do people just come in here and lie?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That is what you take from my post? Really? I'm glad you invested the time to read it, but try to understand what I'm saying, not pick some sentence that rubbed you the wrong way. There are really people in WoW that are bored with mechanics that basically haven't changed in 8 years. Deal with it and move on to the topic.
    There is really anything to say about this topic that hasn't already been said multiple times, but let's move on.

Quote Originally Posted by broodax View Post
    What logs? Why do people just come in here and lie?
    That's the powar of teh intarwebs!

Sorry but I'm only concerned about being on top of other melee..not ranged dps

Quote Originally Posted by TheNationGamer View Post
    You do realize that every other melee class is concerned with that too, and...you can't all be on top. It doesn't matter what Blizz does, no spec will ever be 100% exactly the same numbers wise as another, and knowing that fact, someone will ALWAYS be on top and someone will ALWAYS be on bottom. If you want to complain, pick a real issue other than "I want to be on top", cause otherwise...why should they listen to your complaint, instead of all the other melee who aren't on top?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNationGamer View Post
    So you are more concerned with beating the other 2-3 melee in the raid, rather than campaigning for melee to be on equal footing and not have ranged DPS dominating every single aspect of this game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    cause warlocks and mages always get big nerfs.
    warlocks are FINALLY geting some love, ppl tend to forget things any longer than the current xpac. warlock were 1 of the hardest and less rewarding dps class to play as in order to do the amount of deeps a mage could give they had to rly swet it out

Quote Originally Posted by Mollox View Post
    I don't know when the last time was that I felt like a total baller in a raid, and I'm really starting to get demotivated at how low our DPS is PvE-wise, I don't really know anything about PvP so I'm just assuming we're so underpowered because of it. But hell why are other classes allowed their time in the light for so long for both pvp and pve?

I'm a hybrid-utility class right? Therefore I should be mediocre to low on the meters.
    Then why are the other hybribs, points at Shamans, Monks and Druids doing so much more DPS? They're basically walking in the same shoes that we are, yet still we're so far behind them.

I don't really like to QQ, and I do feel like my DPS is alright, but then I look at the DPS rankings, and I weep tears of frigging blood. At top level play I just can't compete against the others, I can know everything about my class and play my rotations/priorities to perfection, I could be geared to the bone and I'll still fall flat 20k - 40k behind.

I just want to feel powerful again
    I dont know what you're talking about. I'm doing as much dps as ever, I'm competing with 2 warlocks, a mage and a hunter all of which are at least 5-10 ilvls higher than me and I'm still having no problems coming 2nd/3rd.

This is tonight's council fight.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-06-19 at 11:44 AM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    I dont know what you're talking about. I'm doing as much dps as ever, I'm competing with 2 warlocks, a mage and a hunter all of which are at least 5-10 ilvls higher than me and I'm still having no problems coming 2nd/3rd.

And on Horridon?

Well, fight mechanics do not support melee DPS in this content - generally - and - do not take it as an offense - your and your guilds gear level is low. The DPS/scaling issues start later, at higher level itemization.

what Phillip responded I am taken by surprise that student can make $5770 in 4 weeks on computer did you read this website ======wep6.com=====

110k dps on council.... wat?
    Come back when everyone in your raid does 200k.

Deleted
    Alright... This is by no means "me at my best", just got back from download festival :-P But just taking yesterday's clear-up raid as an example (could check wow-heroes for my best attempts over the last month or so but cba)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ne/?s=67&e=534

As it stands you can't sit there and say we're terrible. We have some encounters that play to our strengths and some that just don't... Overall we're neither under or overpowered and that's fine. Yes, I agree some classes have a real advantage depending on the type of encounter but we're fairly solid overall.

Simcraft isn't gospel. It's a great app for calculating things like stat weights etc but in terms of something that can tell you what DPS you're going to do on a specific encounter it's just not that sort of tool.

As far as I'm concerned it's better to compare yourself to the others in your raid and/or how you rank on WoL (which is going to be skewed by gear and progress anyway) rather than looking at a theoretical simcraft DPS list.
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2013-06-19 at 12:45 PM.

In all fairness that mostly tells that you're a better player than the others. Not how good your class is.
    It's like judging the strength of your class from you being on top in lfr, which i managed to do with unholy in bad gear.
    It really doesn't show anything usefull

To me we look about fine. We can do decent dps, and have fun on aoe fights
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

SO this thread boils down to the OP wanting to top meters?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritthepally View Post
    Yep, people got a lot of free time there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritthepally View Post
    Top meters without playing perfectly.

DK's were excellent DPS all through Wrath, they had an entire expansion therefore they had their time in the light. I prolly wont even level my DK to 90 as I just cant stand Frost/ Unholy DPS.

couple of things
    1) wow your overall dps is really low lol. tanks are 6th and 7th? are you still on normal modes? in which case, sorry to say, no one cares.
    2) council is a good fight for frost/unholy because there's lots of free cleaving.