Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I mean...he has a point that for people who care about RP/Lore/etc...it's a bit odd. Suddenly these chaste Jedi are going to be running around dropping marks for money? Seems a little...odd.
    Here is the crazy thing..... if this event doesn't fit your character rp wise... there is no one in the world putting a pistol to your head and ask you to participate. Just wait for another event, maybe the lvl 55 gree event we're gonna see sooner or later. There are jedi/ trooper whatever which participate as bounty hunter... why not. Fed up with their order/ government to get some money... is it so hard to carve out a story to support this? Does there really has to come out a book, called the "Jedi Bounty Hunter" to make people believe that this can happen? We have Wookiee Jedi in the Star Wars lore.... how much further could any RP idea go?

It would be Lore-breaking if Luke Skywalker would demolish Dromund Kaas or Darth Vader Poster would cover the underground from Coruscant but just because people can't wrap their head around a possible story... .

To be honest, I think this is just one of those things that they needed time and refinement to fit perfectly, but they are obviously not going to do that. If light side characters have the option to take them in instead of killing them, obviously it will be a bit better, but still the act of doing this for money is something that defines a Bounty Hunter and not a whole lot of other people.
    People in the real world do kill/ rob people.... they aren't professionals but desperate or just ruthless and see the opportunity. If you play your Jedi as rogue or actually as a bounty hunter which is using his force powers to capture fugitives... why not?

Unfortunately they didn't go with my idea that I've been saying for over a year...that each class should get their own dailies like this. Bounty Hunters get bounties, Jedi get hard rescue missions, etc. That's what I mean when I say they won't take the time to refine anything like this. They have to get content out as quickly as possible because their priorities aren't exactly on creating the most firmly established version of the game possible.

They just want people to keep playing and having new content. Some people it will rub the wrong way...like a lot of their decisions lol. I think it's good they are still trying. They could just not do this stuff, so it's good they still are, but admittedly it's very flawed.
    The thing is... you are putting a "background" just as Bioware is. While I think it would be a good idea to have specific dailies like this... the rogue Jedi bounty hunter may come forward and argue that saving people doesn't make any money.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    Here is the crazy thing..... if this event doesn't fit your character rp wise... there is no one in the world putting a pistol to your head and ask you to participate.
    No.This argument is a straw man and a cliche. Yes, the game is 'forcing' you to do this because the average player wants to either:
    - see all the content
    - complete achievements
    - Have *insert item/gear* here from doing these activities.

Resorting to 'they don't put a gun to your head' is pedantic and patronizing. It could be used to wash away every complaint ever as you don't have a gun to your head to play the game.
    The thing is... you are putting a "background" just as Bioware is. While I think it would be a good idea to have specific dailies like this... the rogue Jedi bounty hunter may come forward and argue that saving people doesn't make any money.
    I propose choice, not an ultimatum. Choice takes time to develop, time they will not give to things like this...which is their prerogative. I don't think anyone should be crazy up in arms about this, but I was just chiming in that I understand why people would be upset with it.
    BAD WOLF

No.This argument is a straw man and a cliche. Yes, the game is 'forcing' you to do this because the average player wants to either:
    - see all the content
    - complete achievements
    - Have *insert item/gear* here from doing these activities.

Resorting to 'they don't put a gun to your head' is pedantic and patronizing. It could be used to wash away every complaint ever as you don't have a gun to your head to play the game.

I propose choice, not an ultimatum. Choice takes time to develop, time they will not give to things like this...which is their prerogative. I don't think anyone should be crazy up in arms about this, but I was just chiming in that I understand why people would be upset with it.
    But doesn't that hold truth to a class related event? You have to have certain class to participate in this event because (following your argumentation) you want to see all content, have all items and complete achievements.

Any class can have a perfect valid reason, played properly, to engage in a bounty hunt event. It doesn't necessarily need to be the bounty.

10+ Year Old Account
    But doesn't that hold truth to a class related event? You have to have certain class to participate in this event because (following your argumentation) you want to see all content, have all items and complete achievements.

Any class can have a perfect valid reason, played properly, to engage in a bounty hunt event. It doesn't necessarily need to be the bounty.
    If that's how they set it up, sure. I don't know the exact details of what they have in store. Do you know that they have given all of these reasons and different quests to do this? Or are details of that nature still not out there? That's really the question.

You don't really need to argue or prove something to me as I'm not upset by it. I was just stating that I understood exactly why people would be upset by this. It doesn't really need to be over analyzed beyond that. Regardless of the details, people are going to feel the way he does just based on the labeling and suggested activities. It might pan out to be a very choice driven, sensical series of events for any class. In that case, it's just a classic example of their poor word choice in everything they do. Not really anything surprising.

In any case, it's additional content which is always good.
    BAD WOLF

Is it just me or has this whole thread been made on an assumption that is clearly wrong if anybody reads the original patch notes for 2.3. Nowhere does it say this event is a Bounty Hunter event. It does say however - " a new in-game event offering great BOUNTY to those willing to take the risk ". Case closed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh...check out this shiny HK Customization from Dulfy:
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that costumization looks real nice. Shame i don't use my HK-51 xD, i prefer healing companions , since i am a DPS player.

Posting this here for those who had complaints.

Completion of a contract requires the death or capture of your target, but you will also be rated on your investigative technique and your aptitude for handling BBA underworld resources.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130705