Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    yes he is corrupted, but the thing is he drank the demon's blood(metaphor) willingly and with full knowledge of what it does.

this is less taken over and more taking its power for his own, which is rather remarkable to be honest.

i mean, hes controlling the sha through their own energies.
    his first actually respectable act, at least in my eyes.

does making him come off as if blizz is watching too much transformers prime and thinking dark energon megatron(aka robot lich king, no really he commands an army of undead transformers raised from all the dead on cybertron) would make a good end boss.

Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    Cho'gall chose, Lich King chose, and Illidan chose. All of these characters chose the path they went down, they wanted that power, they accepted all the possibilities and all the consequences knowingly. That is not corruption, that is the power of choice. They are evil because they chose to be, not because some power worked on them to turn them from the light.
    Just because you CHOSE to be enslaved doesn't change the fact that you're corrupted. You don't know the word corruption bro.

corruption has nothing to do with it atleast not sha/old god. there were signs of this in cata, he clearly never had a whole lot of respect for other races in the horde. dialog and quest text pretty showing how he segreated the races with in org its self. and while he showed some growth. something happened between then and him blowing up theramore. as those events took place before before he stepped foot on pandaria/anyone stepped foot on pandaria, and that whole event futher goes on to show how little he thinks of non orc horde races. cannon fodder and a means to an end.

so unless were going to say all of a sudden after thousands of years and countless other pridefull bastards the sha of pride/y'shaarj unexplictly was able to corrupt him from thosands of miles away.

now the instant he step one toe on to pandaria all bets are off. but this path started before we encounted the SHA

now i can lay the blame on those demonic tusk sholders of his. i would think spikey demonic tusk pricking your skin regularly cant be good for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Nerzhul was transformed into the Lich King forcibly by Kil'jaeden. Arthas became a slave to the lich king when he picked up Frostmourne and lost his soul to it. And then became part of the Lich King when putting the helmet on.
    to correct, arthas was willing to pay any price, but was unwitting of what that price would be.

garrosh was both willing and knowing of what sha energies do.

garrosh is treating sha energy like its steroids.
    Last edited by mordale; 2013-06-14 at 04:57 PM.

I think it is best described by this:

Garrosh was a typical stupid orc up until he started dabbling in Sha, after which he slowly became a corrupted stupid orc.

Also he likes to "honorably" beat up children.

Deleted
    Garrosh Hellscream
    Stage One: The True Horde - Garrosh, wielding his new weapon with his True Horde and siege machines at his disposal will destroy any intruders. The True Horde join the battle more frequently as the fight progresses. This phase will continue until Garrosh reaches 30% health remaining.

Stage Two: Corruption of Y'shaarj - After absorbing the Power of Y'shaarj, Garrosh will heal to full health as Y'shaarj bestows Garrosh with new abilities.

Stage Three: MY WORLD - At 30% health Garrosh will absorb the remaining power of Y'shaarj, gaining full energy, empowering all of his abilities.

can't see Sha Corruption

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Just curious, what happened to him between Silverpine and now?

Unless I'm mistaken, he found the whole Val'kyr resurrections and plague to be disgusting and against nature, but here he is toying with Sha/arj.
    He's bi-polar, without a doubt.

There are multiple instances suggesting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Just because you CHOSE to be enslaved doesn't change the fact that you're corrupted. You don't know the word corruption bro.
    Neither do you. Is Garrosh corrupted during his fight? Yes. Is he in full control of his actions? Also yes. He knows what he is doing, he does it willingly and he retains control over what happens. He's not enslaved, he's empowered.

Pride probably wouldn't try to control him if it could, because it would be an utter waste of effort. He's doing what it wants anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I think it is best described by this:

Garrosh was a typical stupid orc up until he started dabbling in Sha, after which he slowly became a corrupted stupid orc.

Also he likes to "honorably" beat up children.
    So now he's a typical corrupted stupid orc?

Hell, he is still corrupted even if he was control over his actions. He is tainted by dark magic and in wow terms that IS CORRUPTED. Stop talking shit, you don't know your lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Every single murderous intention
    Every single dick move
    Every single thing that he has ever done

Has always been on him nothing outside of any influence has made him control his actions hes not corrupted lets get that to your thick skulls alright everyone :O and if you did read the whole ''corruption of Yarsharj thing'' in his journal the stupid thing isn't controlling him HES Controlling it not the other way around!
    Nothing in the journal says that Garrosh is controlling Y'shaarj, it just says he calls upon its power. He can do that willingly or by being influenced to do so, we don't know because it doesn't make it clear either way. And it's still very much possible that his actions have been influenced by the Sha of Pride, he did set foot on Pandaria after all. And why buildup a character such as the Sha of Pride, which has never been defeated and is more powerful than all the other Sha combined when one Orc can simply dominate it like the little pussy it is? It wouldn't make sense.

Judging by the story and by the model of the corrupted Garrosh I say he is corrupted. Wether or not he will be redeemed remains to be seen, but I don't believe he is just a bad guy that is so powerful than he controls an Old God and his minions.

Heck, nobody can actually believe that, can they? Garrosh controlling an Old God? Come on, the people that actually hate Garrosh are the ones that say he's just a bad guy and he's not being corrupted or controlled. But that would mean that these same people would say Garrosh is so incredibly powerful that he can dominate and control an Old God? Come on, really? Not even Deathwing could do that, and he's a friggin Aspect.

garrosh is definitely corrupted.

by malkorok, tho, not yshaarj.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiruga View Post
    Garrosh Hellscream
    Stage One: The True Horde - Garrosh, wielding his new weapon with his True Horde and siege machines at his disposal will destroy any intruders. The True Horde join the battle more frequently as the fight progresses. This phase will continue until Garrosh reaches 30% health remaining.

Stage Two: Corruption of Y'shaarj - After absorbing the Power of Y'shaarj, Garrosh will heal to full health as Y'shaarj bestows Garrosh with new abilities.

Stage Three: MY WORLD - At 30% health Garrosh will absorb the remaining power of Y'shaarj, gaining full energy, empowering all of his abilities.

can't see Sha Corruption
    The model gives it away. It seems he turns into Y'rrosh for Phase 3.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I just think it's hilarious that his encounter involves him merging himself with a God of Corruption, for which there are videos and dungeon journal evidence backing it, and there still remain people passionately arguing that that's not really corruption guys, I mean if you squint real hard and clap your hands you can believe he's still mean ol' Garrosh.

Arthas picked up Frostmourne willingly. Illidan used the Skull of Gul'dan knowing full well what he was doing. What makes Garrosh any different? Aside of course from the fact that he's dealing with a far more corruptive substance than either of those examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Nothing in the journal says that Garrosh is controlling Y'shaarj, it just says he calls upon its power. He can do that willingly or by being influenced to do so, we don't know because it doesn't make it clear either way. And it's still very much possible that his actions have been influenced by the Sha of Pride, he did set foot on Pandaria after all. And why buildup a character such as the Sha of Pride, which has never been defeated and is more powerful than all the other Sha combined when one Orc can simply dominate it like the little pussy it is? It wouldn't make sense.
    We beat it to bits before we even leave for Orgrimmar. At that point, he shouldn't be affected by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The model gives it away. It seems he turns into Y'rrosh for Phase 3.
    Y'Sharrosh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Neither do you. Is Garrosh corrupted during his fight? Yes. Is he in full control of his actions? Also yes. He knows what he is doing, he does it willingly and he retains control over what happens. He's not enslaved, he's empowered.
    You are making assumptions. Nowhere does it explicitly state Garrosh does this fully willingly, it can still be that he has been influenced by the Sha of Pride ever since he set foot on Pandaria. Sure, Garrosh had some shortcomings before setting foot on Pandaria, but ever since he got there his actions have grown darker.

And that's how the Sha work. They need a host with a flaw to hatch on, but once they're inside they can influence and feed that character flaw, to make it grow out of proportions. This way the Sha of Pride probably drove Garrosh crazy to think all actions are considered okay to achieve victory. And that's how it convinced Garrosh to dig up the heart of Y'shaarj, probably to try and resurrect itself. Seeing as how the Sha of Pride is the last remnant of Y'shaarj it makes sense that it would want to resurrect itself. And it convinced Garrosh that this is a weapon to be used against the Alliance, meanwhile Garrosh is being tricked by this Sha.

Wouldn't that be a better story than Garrosh simply being a bad guy and him somehow being able to overpower and control an Old God? Something neither the Lich King, nor Deathwing could achieve. Heck, if we are to believe the War of the Ancients books, not even Sargeras can do so.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 05:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We beat it to bits before we even leave for Orgrimmar. At that point, he shouldn't be affected by it.
    Do we even know we defeat it entirely? Have you seen the boss go down? It might flee for all we know.

Corrupt:

1. guilty of dishonest practices, as bribery; lacking integrity; crooked: a corrupt judge.
    2. debased in character; depraved; perverted; wicked; evil: a corrupt society.
    3. made inferior by errors or alterations, as a text.
    4. infected; tainted.
    5. decayed; putrid.

As far as this game goes, the implication of corruption would be that the host is an unwilling party. However, Garrosh has proven time and again that he is certainly willing, due to his belief that he can control all things.

Why this is even a heated debate point is beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Garrosh's character does almost a 180 from cataclysm where he executes one of his officers for dropping a bomb and killing children. Next expansion he, of his own will, crushes every bone in Anduin's body, unknowingly leaving him on the ground barely alive. He then laughs maniacally, gloats, etc. If he hasn't been "corrupted" according to Blizz, it's just horrificly bad writing. He's hung around the Sha and has been the perfect target for them to infest, has had his character completely changed (prob because blizz thought putting him in office was short-sighted, so they want him impeached) yet hasn't had his mind affected in the least. Kay. Never mind the old gods lingering around. Everything he has done shows signs of corruption, can't blame people for thinking that.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Forces of any kind which seek to corrupt someone or something will pick a likely and easy target, a target that is already most of the way there. Garrosh fits that to a T. His previous history is on him and not particularly a facet of his current/future corrupted state. He was simply an easy target in the right place and at the right time. My two cents.

Whether it be Old Gods trying to bring down Azeroth or the mob trying to get a foot in the door in City Hall, these stories work pretty much the same way.

EDIT: Stories of corruption usually take one of two forms:

1. A good man corrupted in which case the ending often is about redemption.
    2. A bad man corrupted in which case the ending often is about retribution.

Then there are twists and turns. If I were writing it I would at least consider the idea that Wrynn the Elder is corrupted in some way as well and betrays the Alliance at the last minute joining Garrosh; a heel turn as it were for wrestling fans. The main point about that would be to bring the two types of story threads together into one.

This brings to the front Wrynn the Younger who is forced to betray his father for the greater good and go after him after which he ascends to the Throne. That puts a relatively inexperienced hero at the helm of the Alliance at exactly the wrong time as it's clear that there is something greater coming along (there's always a greater danger out there). On the other hand given the history of Varian during this expansion and a bit before, he would have Velen as his trusted advisor and who better really if the next expansion is Burning Crusade: Part II.

Anyway, had to post that. I don't do lore threads often and now you see why
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-06-14 at 06:06 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    If he hasn't been "corrupted" according to Blizz, it's just horrificly bad writing.
    Nah, it's simply that you fail to understand the character. But don't worry, belive me, you're not alone.

What i find amusing to death about Garrosh's die-hard defenders is that they completely fail to understand that having a Garrosh controlled, manipulated and mind-fucked would be excatly what would completely destroy the character, making all his storyline useless and pathetic; having a Garrosh in full control, not a slave of evil forces, but a supremacist tyrant that have the strength to dominate for his own goals such an evil force is excatly what make sense and give the right emphasis to his character.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-06-14 at 05:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Even the devs themselves tell players 'he's just a bad orc', and thats not even enough to tell them. What, does it need to be tattooed on his forehead 'I'm a bad guy'
    Just because he's a "bad-guy", doesn't mean he's a bad guy. He's just doing what Blizzard tells him to do so he can feed his sprite family.