Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Dalaran hadn't been an Alliance city since it was destroyed by the Scourge during the 3rd War. It never joined the Alliance after it was rebuilt (until 5.1).

It has stronger ties to the Horde through the Blood Elves anyway. You know, the people who taught humans magic thousands of years ago and to whom they've been closely allied with that entire time (until 5.1). Dalaran only had loose ties to the other human kingdoms for those thousands of years by being a magic university. They were only closely tied to the human kingdoms when they joined the Alliance for a few years in 2nd and 3rd Wars. A mere fraction of the time they had been close allies with the Elves.
    High elves. Not blood. Which were alliance. Did you even play the RTS games?

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Free treats? Because having our prince follow horde while they kill Alliance is an alliance treat, having virtually no alliance content in 5.3 is a treat? Being the faction who doesn't have any victories shown in game because of "balance" but the horde getting every victory shown is a treat?
    Keep bitching.... Soon enough Blizzard will see no point in making any effort to please you people.

Quote Originally Posted by Buhrag View Post
    High elves. Not blood. Which were alliance. Did you even play the RTS games?
    Did you forget that Blood Elves are no newly discovered race but, in fact, those that taught them?

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Forget about Alliance. I have tried to alert them, but they wouldn't listen. Horde was crushed and shafted this Expansion and most of our players will say we love Blizzard's Works. Alliance is spoiled at every chance Blizzard have and they still complain about all those free treats.

Obvious result in some time? If everything is horrible and not enough for Alliance players, and everything get a degree of recognition with Horde players, let's stop to spend energy with the ungrateful faction and invest in the one that thank us. Net result is greater recognition.

Treats? Having humans dominate the storyline at the expense of every other alliance race is not a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Treats? Having humans dominate the storyline at the expense of every other alliance race is not a treat.
    Its not like other races are worth it in alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Fact that you survive is a massive treat, you should have all been dead for decades if it wasnt for plot armor and deus ex machinas.
    So far, only the horde seems to fit that bill.

Orcs were imprisoned, rather than exterminated, following their defeat

Blood elves joined the Horde because one guy from the Alliance was kind of mean to Kael'thas

And Sylvannas... don't even get me started
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    In this case, simply the canon kill for Garrosh would be amazing.

edit: We know we can't see Orgrimmar burnt (even though it would be our prime opportunity) which is my point. If it weren't an mmo, we would see the Alliance raze the bitch. But because it's an mmo, we at least need the canon Garrosh kill and not the rebels.
    I bet you will see Orgrimmar burning... in the raid. And after you killed Garrosh you can walk through the raid and enjoy seeing Orgrimmar burning. Isn't that enough ?
    As for the canon kill... well i wouldn't mind if the alliance (preferably Jaina) would do it.

Despite most of the posts in this thread being biased whining, mostly from people who have very little knowledge of the lore, I like it. It shows Blizzard succeeded to create faction identity in MoP. People care about the story and live through the stories of the Alliance and Horde.

This faction identity hasn't been around since Vanilla, when the rivalry was still inherited from Warcraft games.

Keep bitching.... Soon enough Blizzard will see no point in making any effort to please you people.
    lol
    and what effort are they making now?
    robo cat?

I guess we should consider our self lucky that we still get quest?

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Get the gnomes in there. I can totally see Gnomes saving the day.

Do you see the problem with including other races?

Joking aside, it would be cool to see the space goats get more involved. Velen had a big part at the start with Anduin and hes just kinda...faded back into nothingness. Night Elves havent done anything in years. The dwarves are the only secondary race that get some action.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Get the gnomes in there. I can totally see Gnomes saving the day.

Do you see the problem with including other races?
    I don't see any problem with what you just said. Gnomish/goblin technology quite often saves the day.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I don't see any problem with what you just said. Gnomish/goblin technology quite often saves the day.
    Unless it fails spectacularly in case of gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    Despite most of the posts in this thread being biased whining, mostly from people who have very little knowledge of the lore, I like it. It shows Blizzard succeeded to create faction identity in MoP. People care about the story and live through the stories of the Alliance and Horde.

This faction identity hasn't been around since Vanilla, when the rivalry was still inherited from Warcraft games.
    Not really, I mostly care about draenei and they feel almost completely disconnected from the alliance at this point. Not even sure why they're fighting the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never seen such a display of pure and utter WHINGE-FEST in nearly 9 years of wow.

I know people like their lore an' shit, but ffs get a grip will ya OP?

Nothing shuts up complainers faster than your own massive complaint....,,

/FACEPALMING hard

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    lol
    and what effort are they making now?
    robo cat?

I guess we should consider our self lucky that we still get quest?
    You know, Alliance complained a lot about Cataclysm being Thrall-centric; Then Blizzard make MoP ANDUIN-CENTRIC. The kid defined the path of Horde, Alliance, and Pandaria alike. Even Wrathion is influenced by him. His father changed sides completely, becoming a leader thanks to stop listening SI:7 and starting to listening to him. He have a finger in EVERYTHING, both on Alliance and Horde sides.

And what happens? Alliance keep complaining, and Horde still liking the lore, even if it's centered on Alliance.

I would love to see someone coming at Blizzcon and listing in the Q&A at the lore panel all the things Anduin did in both sides at Siege of Ironforge, Jade Forest, Krasarang, Kun-Lai, Eternal Blossoms, Divine Bell, Wrathion, and Siege of Orgrimmar. Then commenting on all the Thrall-centric debacle at Cata, and finally on how giving the same amount of attention for both factions have the same results, with Horde happy and Alliance complaining ALWAYS.

Then finally asking on how Blizzard intend to deal with the apparently inability of Alliance players to be satisfied. EVER.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, Alliance complained a lot about Cataclysm being Thrall-centric; Then Blizzard make MoP ANDUIN-CENTRIC. The kid defined the path of Horde, Alliance, and Pandaria alike. Even Wrathion is influenced by him. His father changed sides completely, becoming a leader thanks to stop listening SI:7 and starting to listening to him. He have a finger in EVERYTHING, both on Alliance and Horde sides.

And what happens? Alliance keep complaining, and Horde still liking the lore, even if it's centered on Alliance.

I would love to see someone coming at Blizzcon and listing in the Q&A at the lore panel all the things Anduin did in both sides at Siege of Ironforge, Jade Forest, Krasarang, Kun-Lai, Eternal Blossoms, Divine Bell, Wrathion, and Siege of Orgrimmar. Then commenting on all the Thrall-centric debacle at Cata, and finally on how giving the same amount of attention for both factions have the same results, with Horde happy and Alliance complaining ALWAYS.

Then finally asking on how Blizzard intend to deal with the apparently inability of Alliance players to be satisfied. EVER.
    yeah.. you know infact, not only did it have a central alliance protagonist in this, but every peice of alliance lore that came into it has been perpetuated as the fluffy white good guys, well the horde has had to deal its current leading being made into the bad guy, along with the orcs, and now we're having to kill our own side well the alliance gets to carry on being the whiter then white knights.. And they still complain about it 'not being about them'.

At this stage of the game, apart from some rare exceptions, I just see the alliance as one large group of complainers, whiners, trollers and generally just unpleasant people. I say the exception because I play on an rp server and rp on alliance alts, and have seen some decent rpers there.. but its usually meet with twice as many chodes who just make the experience feel unclean.
    #boycottchina

Seeing as they have yet to actually make an effort to please us.... I can't wait till they start.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    yeah.. you know infact, not only did it have a central alliance protagonist in this, but every peice of alliance lore that came into it has been perpetuated as the fluffy white good guys, well the horde has had to deal its current leading being made into the bad guy, along with the orcs, and now we're having to kill our own side well the alliance gets to carry on being the whiter then white knights.. And they still complain about it 'not being about them'.

At this stage of the game, apart from some rare exceptions, I just see the alliance as one large group of complainers, whiners, trollers and generally just unpleasant people. I say the exception because I play on an rp server and rp on alliance alts, and have seen some decent rpers there.. but its usually meet with twice as many chodes who just make the experience feel unclean.
    not ALL alliance are bad...but yeah the vocal ones seem to be in favor of martyring themselves and claiming blizz hates them and loves horde no matter what happens...
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

So you're saying that it's anduin centric... yet the Alliance barely see him. Play the Alliance side, all we do is find him, he runs off then opens the vale. It's the horde who see the Alliance NPC.... Yes, great way to progress Alliance lore.

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 01:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

Yes, the Alliance are all whining bitches, has nothing to do with the fact that Win or Lose, Blizzard spend ages on Horde development and zero on Alliance. Look at 5.3, you get two epic fight quests and capture a town, we get to run about as a cat.

And as I can guess how you will reply, even if Anduin actually has done stuff this expansion, it's the Horde who have seen him, not Alliance.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    Stromgarde shoud be restored to the Alliance and to proper condition, as the entire history of the Arathi bloodline is awesome.
    Last edited by mmoc91a8dbad84; 2013-06-16 at 12:39 AM.