Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Perhaps you are confused. The Horde scenario happens before the bombing and is referenced in the novel. The Alliance scenario (to which I was referring) happens after the bombing and contradicts the events of the novel. The book just has her alone, killing a small scouting party sent to confirm the bomb's success, then finding and taking the Focusing Iris. The Alliance scenario has you defend Jaina against marauding Horde troops. It was shoehorned in to give Alliance players something to do.
    Sorry, I thought you were referring to the event itself. I didn't go back an read the back conversation (my fault).

I really like the Alliance that get pissy about not being able to take over Orgrimmar completely after Garrosh is dead, as if that actually makes sense on a gameplay level. It's like they actually think that it is an Alliance-Only raid and that all Horde players are with Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    I really like the Alliance that get pissy about not being able to take over Orgrimmar completely after Garrosh is dead, as if that actually makes sense on a gameplay level.
    I'm alliance and I for one think it'd make no sense at all to hope for holding Org.

The thing about being the faction that Blizz crapped on and neglected to various degrees for years is that now the faction has begun to actually attract victim-complex losers who see the worst in everything and won't be happy without some ludicrous reversal of fortune that can obviously never happen for gameplay reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Perhaps you are confused. The Horde scenario happens before the bombing and is referenced in the novel. The Alliance scenario (to which I was referring) happens after the bombing and contradicts the events of the novel. The book just has her alone, killing a small scouting party sent to confirm the bomb's success, then finding and taking the Focusing Iris. The Alliance scenario has you defend Jaina against marauding Horde troops. It was shoehorned in to give Alliance players something to do.
    The original intention was for the Alliance version of the scenario to happen before the bombing, hence why the Alliance Heroes are shown escaping through the portal before Jaina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Ok, I've held my tongue in check, I've simply endured the blows, and kept hoping for the best as my faction got treated like dirt, but it really irks me, just how whiny, and ungrateful the alliance fanbase is getting over this expansion. This is ridiculous.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT?

I mean check these lovely posts, taken both from here and from the official forums.

It makes me slam my head at my desk at the blatant degree of ignorance, and overwhelming tendencies to accentuate the negative while looking the other way for the MANY MANY MANY MANY gifts the alliance has received in this expansion which is basically a love letter to the alliance, and a kick in the balls to the horde.

Don't believe me? Put yourselves in our shoes will ya.

Less than 15 min after starting the expansion we lose our airship while you keep yours and it becomes "The Proud Flagship of the Alliance" "The ship that took down Deathwing" "The warmachine that rains death and destruction upon the horde in every single engagement it happens"

We get to lose General Nazgrim, an orc that we've fought side-by-side with since WOTLK back when he was a simple sergeant, and we've grown to admire and respect him. And he's going the way of the do-do in 5.4 while you get to keep your spiffy Admiral Taylor, and Admiral Rogers.

We get to be kicked out of Dalaran like vermin, with a large chunk of our people locked inside as prisoners, and the alliance gains a frikking new capital.

We got to the island of thunder to get some sort of power against garrosh. What do we get? a golem's triple-A batteries. What does the alliance gets? THE POWER OF THE FRIKKING THUNDER KING!

Blizzard introduces 2 scenarios in 5.1 1 alliance and 1 horde. What's the alliance scenario about? Why of course you guys delivering a shameful defeat upon us by playing us like stupid fiddlesticks and luring us into the most obvious trap ever, and butcher our forces en masse in the most humilliating ways possible, including beign turned into exploding chickens. What do we get? hmm......... one of our most beloved leaders gets a knife in the neck, and we have to fight our own people

We get to watch as our beloved faction gets run to the ground, broken, splintered and shattered, as we get to be forced to work with a monster and a madman whether we want it or not, while you get to play the heroes, saving the world from our insanity.

We get to watch one of our beloved leaders, the same one who barely survived his encounter with death, PLEAD AND BEG to the alliance for help because we obviously are too weak to even put a dent on orgrimmar on our own. Great, we have to grovel and bow to our enemies in order to survive, while they get to smugly laugh and look at us with condencendance.

Alliance gets to canonically invade one of our capitals FOR THE SECOND TIME (first time was battle for undercity). How many times have we canonically invaded an alliance capital? hmmmmmm that's right, ZERO.

Ohh but it gets better, The final big bad of the expansion is a major horde figure, and the main cannon fodder you guys get to trample and butcher by the hundreds are horde soldiers, The Kor'kron, the supposedly ELITE of our forces. You get to walk all over our elite forces and kill them all as if they were simple redshirts. When was the last time we got to do that on a major scale, for a full expansion with the alliance's elite, 7th Legion? ohh that's right, NEVER, THAT'S WHEN.

Hell, even in gameplay you have been blessed. Remember Krasarang? I sure do. Quests get random every day, and sometimes, the alliance is attacking domination point, while other time the horde attacks lion's landing. When the alliance attacks us? they take over our docks, they have airships bombarding the CORE OF OUR BASE from the sky, and they set the outer perimeter on fire. When we get to "invade" lion's landing? Hmm............ we dont' get within a 100 yards of the damn thing. Because the most we get to do is fight in the barricades well outside your base. Great, you pwn our base, but we don't even get to be inside yours.

It gets better. Alliance rares in Lion's landing? priest one is in the middle of SIX MOBS. Warrior one is in the middle of SEVEN MOBS. Rogue one is right next to 2, and blinks away constantly so she ends up pulling 4 extras all the time. Horde rares in domination point? Rogue is in a tower in the middle of nowhere, so you allies can kill it without pesky mobs interrupting, Warrior one is right at the entrance with no backup save for 2 mobs that don't pull with him when you attack him from range, priest one is at the back of the base near a very convenient stump you can use to fight her with no extra adds.

Nice.

Even your major lore figures get love. Anduin is pretty much the protagonist of this expansion. he shows up in 60% of pandaria, and when he does, we horde players HAVE to work with him, and he ends up SAVING OUR ASSES. Yeah, goody. He's even part of the frikking legendary quest. Varian gets to be blue jesus, Jaina does nothing but kick major @ss (and be an @ss) and even Moira gets her own moment of awesome.

Our lore figures? Thrall goes MIA, Vol'jin gets a knife to the neck, and hten has to grovel and beg for the alliance to help us or face anihilation, Nazgrim gets killed, Garrosh is completely insane and treats us just as bad as our enemies, Baine barely gets a cameo, Sylvannas is MIA, Gallywix to this day hasn't even been SEEN so he may as well not exist. Pretty much the only Major Horde Figure to receive any form of love is Lor'themar and I'd say ABOUT DAMN TIME, given that he's been nothing but a joke since he was introduced. (Remember his pissed off quote? "DON'T TOUCH THE HAIR". Yeah, even when angry he's supposed to be comic relief)

So, in bottom line my dear dear alliance players: SHUT THE HELL UP AND STOP COMPLAINING, AND INSTEAD, APPRECIATE JUST HOW GOOD YOU HAVE IT YOU UNGRATEFUL WHELPS

Put yourselves in our shoes will ya? lets use our imagination for a while, lets imagine that the roles are reversed. You wanna be us? you wanna receive the "love" we've received in this expansion? lets imagine that shall we?

You arrive at the jade forest, all pumped up in your badass gunship......... and it goes in flames within 15 min.

Varian is an insane bastard who goes in a genocidal rampage, his 7th Legion troops acting like complete fascists and treating friend and foe like dirt.

A major horde figure shows up in 60% of pandaria, you WILL have to work for him regardless if you like it or not, and he WILL save your butt. He's also gonna be a part of the legendary quest, and is pretty much the protagonist of the expansion.

Then 5.1 arrives. Horde gets a spiffy scenario where they deliver a crushing defeat to the alliance by playing them like a violin and cutting the strings, while you guys get a scenario where all you do is watch Muradin get a knife to the neck and have to fight your own people.

It gets better, the horde base is untouched by the war in krasarang, while yours gets trashed when its your turn to take a beating, the rares you have to kill are packed in the middle of the base, while the ones we have to kill are in convenient secluded locations for easy picking.

Then Varian gets the divine bell and its the horde who has to save the world from him using it, we beat you in your own game and get it, and when you sneaky thieves take it, we frikking kick you out of dalaran and claim THAT for ourselves. Do you get to at least keep the bell? nope, one of our protagonists destroys it, so you lose and lose.

Come 5.2 we get to loot the epic power of the thunder king while you have to settle for the battery of a golem.

Come 5.3 and you get to grovel at our feet begging for our help and we just let you kill each other while sipping martinis in our city, and waiting for the time to strike, while getting the nice title "Alliancebreaker"

Come 5.4 we attack stormwind, we kill your king, we butcher your elite forces, and we rub it in your faces that you are alive BECAUSE WE ARE LETTING YOU LIVE, not because you're strong or anything.

Would you like that deal? no? THEN SHUT UP, BECAUSE THAT'S THE DEAL WE RECEIVED FROM THE DEVS AND WE GOTTA LIVE WITH IT.

Good god >_<
    I play both sides, have you even played through 85-90 on the Alliance side? Do you realize how shitty the storyline is compared to the Hordes? The entirety of the Jade Forest is pretty much just finding Anduin, that's it. The biggest point that your rose-tinted glasses don't allow you to see is the sheer story development that is absent in the Alliance and prevalent in the Horde. That's what people are bitching about. Alliance players are bitching about the fact that we have lost the majority of battles with the Horde, we've lost quite a few zones to the Horde, and since Catacylsm the story has been centered around the Horde. The moments that you listed are pretty much all that the Alliance has gotten the entirety of last expansion and this expansion.

You claim that we should be happy that were getting to invade Orgrimmar like it's some privilege. I did not see any groveling from Vol'Jin, only a basic "either you're with us or against us". This is all about the Horde, and how you, as a player, are going to be taking down a power-crazed leader. The Alliance is just a side note, were just there to lend a hand.

So what is it that you're complaining about? Everything you quoted from various other posts is true, is it not? So how does a few shining moments in this expansion, along with aiding in SoO, equate to the massive losses that Alliance players have endured throughout the entirety of the lore and the game? Play through 1-90, with both EK and Kalimdor, and then come and tell me that the Alliance is just complaining for no reason. Trust me, a few years ago I would have been siding with you, but since then I've played through the Horde zones, and the Alliance doesn't have a fraction of development or enthralling questlines that the Horde has. How many of the Alliance leaders have been fleshed out in the past 2 expansions? We've seen a little development of Varian, a tiny bit of Moira, a shred of Genn Greymane, and a moment of Tyrande, and we even lost Magni. Jaina has easily seen the most development and she's not even an alliance leader (btw, there is no guarantee that Dalaran will be an Alliance capital, it looks like Lorthemar and Jaina are going to patch things up). On the Horde side, You've got a megaton of Thrall, alot of Vol'jin, a little bit of Baine, a large amount of Lorthemar, and a ton of Garrosh. So as it stands, we've seen only a small amount of Alliance leader development vs. pretty much 2 expansions worth of Horde Leader development. Things don't need to be entirely equal down the middle, but it's pretty much been entirely one sided for a while now.

You can't tell someone to step into your shoes unless you've already been in their shoes. Judging by the arguments you made, you have NOT been in their shoes, therefore you really have nothing to say. The Alliance players complaints may seem miniscule or unimportant to you, but anyone who doesn't retain some sort of bias will tell you that the game in it's current state is absolutely Horde-centric, and has been now for 2 expansions.

And don't start with the whole "you should be grateful" shit. Obviously you're pretty ungrateful because you take everything the Horde has been given for granted and still expect more, and these insignificant Alliance whelps just need to stop complaining because the minor accomplishments they've had this expansion is more than enough to tide them over for another few expansions. To me, your argument and complaints are far worse than anything that Alliance players are putting out there because you actually have nothing to complain about. Had the Alliance not had those few moments that you stated, that would have been 2 full expansions revolving solely around the Horde. Instead, we got 1 expansion revolving solely around the horde and 3/4 of another revolving around the horde. So what are you complaining about?

Is anyone else infuriated by the lack of Velen overall? I don't even play Draenei.

I understand he sees the Burning Legion as the true threat, but the horde threaten his people too.

Velen is meant to be one of the wisest and strongest beings on Azeroth and gets visions of the future, yet he sits in his spaceship as his allies get slaughtered and tricked.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Is anyone else infuriated by the lack of Velen overall? I don't even play Draenei.

I understand he sees the Burning Legion as the true threat, but the horde threaten his people too.

Velen is meant to be one of the wisest and strongest beings on Azeroth and gets visions of the future, yet he sits in his spaceship as his allies get slaughtered and tricked.
    Blizzard doesn't like letting the draenei do anything.

There always gonna be complainers, you can't please everyone. I begin to think that freedom makes people do stupid things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derajal View Post
    The Alliance is nothing, any bit of lore you get, you should be happy with. The warcraft series can live without the alliance but is nothing without the horde!
    This is the kind of attitude that pisses off the community. Without either faction there is no Warcraft in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelbert the Strategist View Post
    This is the kind of attitude that pisses off the community. Without either faction there is no Warcraft in the first place.
    It's a problem of story motivation. The Horde could exist without the Alliance, since the Horde story is largely internally driven. The Alliance story, however, orbits the Horde. Almost everything about the Alliance is built on the existence of an antagonistic Horde. This has bad long term consequences for Alliance development.

Edit: Just to elaborate, it's bad because the internal focus means the Horde's story will be almost 100% about the Horde. The Alliance story, because it revolves around the Horde, will be almost as much about the Hordeas the Alliance. It also means that internal developments get delayed (until forgotten) or smoothed away (because they distract from the external focus). Blood in the Snow is a good example of possible internal drama (Moria and the council) being rubbed away since it would distract from the SoO.
    Last edited by Darmalus; 2013-06-20 at 11:24 PM.

"theres nothing good about a civil war the alliance is lucky"

Agreed but im just pointing out that they obviously spent little to no time on Ally content in 5.3
    They couldve made our espionage so much better...