Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I've recently did it. I've never looked back. Though I do miss the stormwind scenery instead of the dry orgrimmar.
    But horde has got so much love in 5.3, I can make-do.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Deleted
    Faction change only if you are bored of the Alliance. I was Alliance only player since launch until few months in Cataclysm. I loved the change, but I also wanted to be an Orc, so if you're thinking of changing just because of your racials, then don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Join us, we got cooler quest lines
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I changed to a Blood Elf a few months ago after playing only Alliance since the beginning of my time in WoW. The only thing I miss is Stormwind.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    100% guaranteed that the racial pendulum will swing back to Alliance next expansion.

I doubt that 1 out of 1000 players who changes "for raiding/DPS" actually does more than .25% better DPS as a result of the race change.

As someone who has played both, though my highest alli is 68 to be fair, I can definitely say that horde is much better. Cooler races, better mounts, Bloodlust (how it should be, just like your mama made it), and also the beauty of Zepplins which are by far the best cross continent travel option. and you get to do the Barrens and hang out in Crossroads!

I've played both factions for years, tho Alliance has remained my "Main" faction since I started and i've really no desire to change.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

*chants* "One of us. One of us" *chants*

In seriousness if you're a DPSer go troll, healers go Panda. Disc Priests go troll.

Welcome to the horde, LOK'TAR OGAR!

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    Hope you aren't too attached to your Argent Tournament achievements
    Faction change won't do anything to those achievements... you keep them but lose the rep etc.

As for the actual question my guild did this a week or two into ToT. I had been playing essentially alliance only since vanilla and the change has been fine, the racials are nice some of them are actually quite strong and can give a decent dps increase. SW is better then Org as some have said. I find it strange you would just randomly change tho I'd say try to get recruited by a guild before you change. Generally horde side is more mature. Also make sure to not fly into the wrong shrine...

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 12:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    100% guaranteed that the racial pendulum will swing back to Alliance next expansion.

I doubt that 1 out of 1000 players who changes "for raiding/DPS" actually does more than .25% better DPS as a result of the race change.
    Horde has always been better they will stay better unless Blizzard streamlines racials. Also doubt all you want but I can guarantee people do more than just .25% more dps after switching(especially at a rate of 1/1000), but stay ignorant either way doesn't matter.

Right now I'm horde because my friends play horde, and its pretty much the only place to get competitive PvP (tichondrius). If it was up to me I'd much rather be alliance, I just feel more at home as alliance. I would much rather chill in stormwind or ironforge than orgrimmar or something. Also would rather hang out in elwynn forest than durotar. This is just my opinion, but since you're in those areas the most it would make sense to pick a place you like to be. Back when I was alliance I pretty much hung out in Ironforge / Stormwind / Elwynn forest all the time

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by re1gn1te View Post
    Horde has always been better they will stay better unless Blizzard streamlines racials. Also doubt all you want but I can guarantee people do more than just .25% more dps after switching(especially at a rate of 1/1000), but stay ignorant either way doesn't matter.
    Aside from the beast bonus, none of the racials are a significant change.

And if you really want to pay $25-50-100+ and walk barefoot with a ridiculous hunch so that you can be server #8 instead of server #9 as long as a tier has a beast clockblock in it, that sure seems worthwhile to me so go for it.

If you like Alliance, you might as well stick with it. Min/maxing is extremely overrated, especially when it comes to insignificant things like racials.

if you're doing it to get the extra dps from the troll or orc racials (I guess maybe goblin?) you won't like it. I can't imagine why the extra 30 dps or w/e it is would be worth $25 to xfer ($55 if you are changing servers too), and to leave behind all your ally friends and guild.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chireru93 View Post
    to leave behind all your ally friends and guild.
    I suspect that when someone is faction changing for DPS, this is not a person who really cares about friends and guild and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do it. Trolls are best.
    Currently Procrastinating

Ask any Blood Elf player. They're most likely an ally who switched Horde.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Ask any Blood Elf player. They're most likely an ally who switched Horde.
    For what? Arcane Torrent? A cute butt?

At least Alliance elves have bounce.

Beats me, I've never played one. Maybe there is some cult following behind being a BE.

Deleted

They figured their personal Legolas RP fit better with a BElf than with their old NElf. That and anime hair.

Goes better with A.D.D. if you're swaggin' in Silvermoon Ci-ty.