Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Paragons of Klaxxi encounter - lore background

Hi guys, anyone got a clue why do we fight Paragons in incoming 5.4 raid? We were working closely with them against Sha in Dread Wastes not so long ago... or maybe it will be a kind of test and we dont have to kill them ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wont spoil it, but if you finish the quests after getting exalted with Klaxxi they kinda tell you whats coming..........

They did make it clear that if they had the option they would fight with the old gods, so here we have the threat (forshadowing) come to life.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

We were working with them against the Queen, who happened to be Sha-infested. When you get exams with them they reveal they worship the Old God Y'shaarj.

Deleted
    As others have stated, finishing the Klaxxi questline and getting exalted with them tells you precisely why we're fighting them. They worship the Old God Y'sharrj, and the Sha of Pride is one of its heads.

they worship the old god that created them, the same old god that garrosh has gone to great lengths to extract power from.

they didnt help us in DW, we helped them. the sha corruption of the empress was advancing the timetable for the planned invasion of the rest of pandaria. the whole bug race had this plan to basically throw themselves at the wall every few years to weed out the weak ones among themselves. and when they had become powerful enough they were going to take over the whole continent in one fell swoop.

at the end of the klaxxi quest line, they flat out tell you that if their god ever returned they would side with it against anyone, no matter past allegiances.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    at the end of the klaxxi quest line, they flat out tell you that if their god ever returned they would side with it against anyone, no matter past allegiances.
    And that the wisest among us (in this case, Garrosh) would do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    they worship the old god that created them, the same old god that garrosh has gone to great lengths to extract power from.

they didnt help us in DW, we helped them. the sha corruption of the empress was advancing the timetable for the planned invasion of the rest of pandaria. the whole bug race had this plan to basically throw themselves at the wall every few years to weed out the weak ones among themselves. and when they had become powerful enough they were going to take over the whole continent in one fell swoop.

They didnt want to take the continent as far as I can tell, simply strengthen themselves to fight for the old ones. If they wiped out the continent they'd have no one to fight and train on.
    As for why we fight them, IDK. The Titans have shown more malice towards mortals than the old ones so...

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    As others have stated, finishing the Klaxxi questline and getting exalted with them tells you precisely why we're fighting them. They worship the Old God Y'sharrj, and the Sha of Pride is one of its heads.
    No... Sha of pride is released from the destruction brought upon the vale by Garrosh's Pride.

The Klaxxi are the final boss before Garrosh because he is has directly become and is fusing with the remnants of their god's power. Garrosh and the Old god are going to way of Cho'gall and C'thun. They are a single being.

The Klaxxi worship this old god which means in turn Garrosh has become their god reborn.

Deleted
    You're right Anaxie :-D Sha's are not directly Old God heads as someone mentioned above, but manifestations of negative emotions... its shame anyway that we have to kill them, I liked trash talk between dissector and manipulator...
    Last edited by mmocebabdc41d2; 2013-06-15 at 02:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Towards the end of the Klaxxi story, didn't like the majority of the Paragon's die?

Or were they other mantid?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

This encounter poses a lot of problems for me. Mostly because Korven the Prime is one of my favourite NPCs of the expansion. He's just ... Awesome? He's saved my life so many times. Don't think I can kill him. Might have to sit out during progress simply based on moral obligation.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Towards the end of the Klaxxi story, didn't like the majority of the Paragon's die?

Or were they other mantid?
    ONE paragon died.

Blizz is do a great job since players are invested in Zeala , Nazigrim, the Paragons, and some garrosh for whatever reason. These guys are very likely going to die. Thats war. Ultimately what is worth fighting for?

Religion? Family? Home? Your people? Power?

The Klaxxi fight for Religious devotion
    Nazgrim fights for honor and duty of as a general should
    The Rebels fight for their very home that has been shattered by a tyrant
    Garrosh fights for power and the future of orcs as the supreme race.

The groundwork for this raid has been laid out for a long time and at first glance it may become one of the greatest tiers in the games history. Along with the expansion itself.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-06-15 at 03:03 AM.

I always thought it was odd that the Klaxxi fought against the Mantid queen in the first place, she was corrupted by the sha when they worship Y'sharrj, which in a way means they also worship the sha. The mantid would have every reason to fight under the banner of their ancient god like they are now in SoO, I'm still not sure why they didn't do the same for their own queen.

Anything can be harmful when taken to an extreme. Even moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by Meaux View Post
    I always thought it was odd that the Klaxxi fought against the Mantid queen in the first place, she was corrupted by the sha when they worship Y'sharrj, which in a way means they also worship the sha. The mantid would have every reason to fight under the banner of their ancient god like they are now in SoO, I'm still not sure why they didn't do the same for their own queen.
    The mantid serve the old gods. The corrupted queen was starting the mantid swarm before it was ready and the soliders were inpure abominations. The swarm is how they strengthen their race and the Sha of fear didn't care about the mantid. They were sending them to pure suicide before their numbers were overwhelming enough to prevent THEIR lands from being attacked and THEIR entire race being wiped out. They had to kill the queen and anyone infected to preserve the mantid's survival.

the Sha was just a sliver of the corruption of their god in a manifested form of fear that chose to drive the queen to madness which would ultiatmately doom the mantid.

However the HEART of the god lets garrosh become the avatar and the old god reborn. Therefore Garrosh is ultimately the new living host of the old god since his "death" and his remnants "sealed"

TLDR The sha wasn't worth their order dying over because sha can manifest again and again. The old god avatar of Garrosh is something to fight for because he holds the actual power of the "dead" god itself.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-06-15 at 03:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, other people spilled it so here goes. The quest text once exalted with the Klaxxi from Wowpedia:

"Wakener, your deeds have earned you the trust of the Klaxxi.
    You are to be rewarded. Walk with me.
    We mantid are an elder race. The pandaren you associate with - they are but children. They have their role to play.
    Each cycle, our young swarm their walls. The pandaren slay the weak. The strong return.
    With each generation, we grow ever stronger.
    Before your history began, our empire was vast. We shared this world with our sister kingdoms, Ahn'Qiraj and Azjol-Nerub.
    Our Gods were many, and powerful. We mantid worshipped the seven heads of Y'shaarj[sic].
    Great was the Old One, and terrible was His wrath. He consumed hope and begat despair; He inhaled courage and breathed fear.
    When the usurpers came - the ones you call "Titans" - Y'shaarj was destroyed.
    His last terrible breath has haunted this land ever since, but the shadows he left behind are mere whispers of his former glory.
    I tell you now, because you have earned this warning.
    Your gods are not your gods, outsider.
    If the Old Ones ever return, we mantid will once again stand by their side.
    The wisest among you will do the same."

http://www.wowpedia.org/Y'Shaarj

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Well, other people spilled it so here goes. The quest text once exalted with the Klaxxi from Wowpedia:

"Wakener, your deeds have earned you the trust of the Klaxxi.
    You are to be rewarded. Walk with me.
    We mantid are an elder race. The pandaren you associate with - they are but children. They have their role to play.
    Each cycle, our young swarm their walls. The pandaren slay the weak. The strong return.
    With each generation, we grow ever stronger.
    Before your history began, our empire was vast. We shared this world with our sister kingdoms, Ahn'Qiraj and Azjol-Nerub.
    Our Gods were many, and powerful. We mantid worshipped the seven heads of Y'shaarj[sic].
    Great was the Old One, and terrible was His wrath. He consumed hope and begat despair; He inhaled courage and breathed fear.
    When the usurpers came - the ones you call "Titans" - Y'shaarj was destroyed.
    His last terrible breath has haunted this land ever since, but the shadows he left behind are mere whispers of his former glory.
    I tell you now, because you have earned this warning.
    Your gods are not your gods, outsider.
    If the Old Ones ever return, we mantid will once again stand by their side.
    The wisest among you will do the same."

http://www.wowpedia.org/Y'Shaarj
    Basically this says the mantid aren't stupid and strengthen their race for the old ones return not a "whisper of their glory" Aka the sha of fear.

Too lazy to dig it up but glad you posted it some lines put it into perspective better.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's likely that the klaxxi are after the heart of Y'shaarj, perhaps seeking to either revive him or possess it as a sort of (un)holy relic. I doubt they're immediately concerned with the Sha of Pride itself.

It's a shame we have to kill the klaxxi. They were pretty awesome.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It's likely that the klaxxi are after the heart of Y'shaarj, perhaps seeking to either revive him or possess it as a sort of (un)holy relic. I doubt they're immediately concerned with the Sha of Pride itself.

It's a shame we have to kill the klaxxi. They were pretty awesome.
    Maybe that is another plotline? maybe they aren't directly protecting garrosh but want to claim the heart of their god and ressurect him themselves. Something as unthinkable as that cannot be allowed so we engage them in combat. For the .... SWARM?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Garrosh is getting his power directly from the remnants of Y'sharrj himself. They have no allegiance to the Sha, thats why they enlisted us to get rid of their Queen since she had been corrupted by the Sha. They only warned that if Y'sharrj were to ever somehow come back, that we would be enemies.

The Sha of Pride actually does not have any bearing over Garrosh, but instead it was Garrosh's pride that gave him strength enough to return again.

And to speak to the last part of the OP's post, it isn't some kind of test, but it seems as if we don't have to kill them. If you read the dungeon journal, there are 3 to fight each week, and once you get one down to 1% he becomes inactive, and will lend you his assistance to fight the other 2