Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mjolnir1122 View Post
    Garrosh is getting his power directly from the remnants of Y'sharrj himself. They have no allegiance to the Sha, thats why they enlisted us to get rid of their Queen since she had been corrupted by the Sha. They only warned that if Y'sharrj were to ever somehow come back, that we would be enemies.

The Sha of Pride actually does not have any bearing over Garrosh, but instead it was Garrosh's pride that gave him strength enough to return again.

And to speak to the last part of the OP's post, it isn't some kind of test, but it seems as if we don't have to kill them. If you read the dungeon journal, there are 3 to fight each week, and once you get one down to 1% he becomes inactive, and will lend you his assistance to fight the other 2
    No you fight them all and they die. One player "siphons" the powers of the paragons to fight the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethernus View Post
    Hi guys, anyone got a clue why do we fight Paragons in incoming 5.4 raid? We were working closely with them against Sha in Dread Wastes not so long ago... or maybe it will be a kind of test and we dont have to kill them ?
    Do you even play the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    As others have stated, finishing the Klaxxi questline and getting exalted with them tells you precisely why we're fighting them. They worship the Old God Y'sharrj, and the Sha of Pride is one of its heads.
    I'm not sure about the sha being "one if its heads."

If I recall, wasn't Y'shaarj, or however you spell it, assumed to be dead until this point in time? Garrosh is filled with Pride so we have the manifestation of the Sha coming because of him, however thats not whats corrupting him, NOR why they are choosing to defend him.

Why would the Paragon encounter be number 13 but the Sha Encounter be number 3? Doesn't make sense. What happened is that Garrosh found this Old Gods heart, who happens to be the Klaxxi's God, and is being slowly corrupted by the god to become his shell for the mortal world.

TL;DR - Garrosh is being turned into an Old god so the God can "live" again and the Klaxxi are stopping us from killing him cause the Old god is their god and creator.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I'm not sure about the sha being "one if its heads."
    We mantid worshipped the seven heads of Y'shaarj.
    His last terrible breath has haunted this land ever since, but the shadows he left behind are mere whispers of his former glory

7 heads 7 sha.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    No you fight them all and they die. One player "siphons" the powers of the paragons to fight the others.
    More specifically, I think the dungeon journal says that you will always be fighting 3 (until you are down to the final 2 and then the last one), but at the end of the fight you will have defeated all 9.

3 start out active. As you defeat one, it will grant an ability to a member of your raid, the other 2 will heal, and one on the bench will join the fight against you. Repeat that process 9 times, and you win.

Garrosh has Y'shaarj's heart, the klaxxi want it back to ressurect him or something. They see you as a threat in their path, so they try to kill you. Probably.

The Shas are the "shadows" of the heads. They are not the heads themselves. Shadow is clearly a metaphor... or perhaps, more accurately it's an attempt at describing something that's very hard to describe, like a ghost. These "heads" may also be a metaphor like different faces or aspects of one being-- of course, we are talking about an Old God, and, though all our experience so far has been that Old Gods are mostly eye-centric, it wouldn't be surprising if he actually had 7 heads.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meaux View Post
    I always thought it was odd that the Klaxxi fought against the Mantid queen in the first place, she was corrupted by the sha when they worship Y'sharrj, which in a way means they also worship the sha. The mantid would have every reason to fight under the banner of their ancient god like they are now in SoO, I'm still not sure why they didn't do the same for their own queen.
    being infested by the sha of fear sounds more lethal to me than being infested by the sha of pride. Sure pride is much worse in every other aspect, but it isn't quite as lethal I think. Unless it's 2 tiers higher ofcourse :P

The Klaxxi warred against the Queen because her corruption was causing her to act in a way that was detrimental to the natural cycle of the mantid, which the paragons and klaxxi were created to uphold. That's why I'm not too broken up about killing them, they were never good guys. They wanted to return the Mantid to normal, which includes trying to swarm over pandaria every few generations and worshipping old gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    As others have stated, finishing the Klaxxi questline and getting exalted with them tells you precisely why we're fighting them. They worship the Old God Y'sharrj, and the Sha of Pride is one of its heads.
    Sha of Pride has nothing to do with Klaxxi encounter in SoO. They are there because of Heart of Y'Shaarj, which Garrosh retrieved from Vale.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 07:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    If you ask me it's a bit full with plotholes...

It makes little sense for the Klaxxi to have opposed their queen who was doing the Sha's bidding... which was an indirect result of their Old God. Wether or not the Sha of Fear was destroying their 'normal way of things' is also kinda pointless, since ... Old Gods normally care even less about their subjects and would probably be even more sadistic and cruel...
    They started the war on empress because she sent the Swarm on the Wall before its time.

It makes little sense for the Klaxxi to have opposed their queen who was doing the Sha's bidding... which was an indirect result of their Old God. Wether or not the Sha of Fear was destroying their 'normal way of things' is also kinda pointless, since ... Old Gods normally care even less about their subjects and would probably be even more sadistic and cruel...
    It's not really a plot-hole, as explained above. The Paragons view the Sha as mere shadows of Y'shaarj, not worthy of worship. Only with the presence of the Horde/Alliance conflict did they become strong enough to even be a threat. Y'shaarj himself, however, is strong regardless, and the Klaxxi view him as worthy of their worship because of it.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

The Klaxxi are charged with protecting the future of the entire Mantid race from a Queen whose bidding contradicts their ways, WHATEVER THE REASON. The Paragons speak of another Queen who tried to hold back their race from combat and prevent the culling of the weak and the eventual strengthening of their kind. Shek'zeer was going to wipe out their race in suicidal attacks and was committing other violations, like using mutagenic science on any Mantid at all instead of proven veterans.

And as others have said, the Sha are just shadows. Y'Shaaraj is who they follow, and it is he who is imprisoned in the Titan device recovered during the Dark Heart of Pandaria scenario. And the Dungeon Journal for Garrosh makes it plain that as he absorbs more and more power, he becomes progressively corrupted until he effectively IS Y'shaaraj manifested in a new avatar. Whether the Mantid are seeking to follow Y'Shaaraj through Garrosh or recover the Old God's essence, they end up opposed to us.

The most hilarious thing ever is that when races/cultures/populations act realistically (as in they have their myths, and they sometimes act irrationally / without sound logic) and have internal conflicts it's considered poor writing.

What real-life culture acts in a way that is wholly consistent with a set of rules / principles / logic / rationality ? None. Things get mucked up, and there is tension in attempts at reconciliation.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I see 2 different reasons to why we fight the Klaxxi Paragons.

The first is that they believe that Garrosh is the true manifestation of Y'Shaaraj. And since that is basicly their god/deity/leader they will follow him to the death.

The other is that they believe Garrosh is using the heart of Y'Shaaraj for the wrong purposes and they want to take it for themselves. When we show up they see us as a threat to their plan and wants to get rid of us.

Best guess is that want the heart and have come for it and we need to stop them from getting it

I really doubt they are there to help garrosh

they prolly want the heart to put in there little museum with other y'shaarj memorabilia and they think by having the heart they can charge 20 gold to mantid tourists

Deleted
    The way I see it is like this. Destroying but not killing something as powerful as an Old God has a lot of side effects. We're seeing that in game as the Sha. Call it background radiation left by the destruction of the immensely powerful Old God that over time and because of the nature of the being that caused it started to manifest as the sha. Vastly weaker than the old god but still powerful in their own right.

The Klaxxi worship the old gods and we can either assume they are coming to try and grab the heart as its part of their deity or they see Garrosh as being an avatar of said old god.

As someone who is still leveling through Pandaria, I had a question: where does Garrosh get Y'sharrj's power from? I'm assuming it's explained in the Dark Heart of Pandaria scenario, tho I kind of don't want to assume too much right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    As someone who is still leveling through Pandaria, I had a question: where does Garrosh get Y'sharrj's power from? I'm assuming it's explained in the Dark Heart of Pandaria scenario, tho I kind of don't want to assume too much right now.
    The scenario tells the story - buried beneath the Vale of Eternal Blossoms is a titan vault containing the Heart of Y'Shaarj, sealed within a titan containment unit. Malkorok and his troops capture it and transport it to Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    The scenario tells the story - buried beneath the Vale of Eternal Blossoms is a titan vault containing the Heart of Y'Shaarj, sealed within a titan containment unit. Malkorok and his troops capture it and transport it to Orgrimmar.
    okay thanks. I remember reading about something like that. Tho i guess a more important question is what it was doing there in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    okay thanks. I remember reading about something like that. Tho i guess a more important question is what it was doing there in the first place.
    In the containment unit? -_-

Because old gods cannot be killed (permanently at least) when Y'Shaarj's body was destroyed, his "life force" was sealed in the pandora's box to prevent him from infuencing anything or fleeing to another dimension (old gods are multidimensional beings). Shas probably weren't a concern at the time, because there weren't any creatures with free will and/or emotions around.