Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    In the containment unit? -_-

Because old gods cannot be killed (permanently at least) when Y'Shaarj's body was destroyed, his "life force" was sealed in the pandora's box to prevent him from infuencing anything or fleeing to another dimension (old gods are multidimensional beings). Shas probably weren't a concern at the time, because there weren't any creatures with free will and/or emotions around.
    I have a theory that the Sha didn't exist as monsters at first - initially, the essence of Y'Shaarj was like a plague or curse, defiling the earth. Then the emperor Shaohao conducted his rituals, turning the essence of Y'Shaarj from an intangible force into the Sha. While this meant that the Sha could attack directly, it also meant that Shaohao and his allies could fight and defeat them, imprisoning them. This kept Pandaria largely free from the influence of Y'Shaarj's last breath - Shaohao essentially turned the breath of Y'Shaarj into something you could beat up and lock away.

Been wondering why the Paragons wanted to kill the queen when she was just taking orders from the sha of fear - whats left of the old god. Care to explain? :P

Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    Been wondering why the Paragons wanted to kill the queen when she was just taking orders from the sha of fear - whats left of the old god. Care to explain? :P
    Good job on reading the thread. :P

Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    The Klaxxi have no clue what Shas are.

The actions Empress conducts (albeit not willingly) during Pandaria quests weaken the Mantid in the long run, and this is why the Klaxxi aim for her to be put down.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    The most hilarious thing ever is that when races/cultures/populations act realistically (as in they have their myths, and they sometimes act irrationally / without sound logic) and have internal conflicts it's considered poor writing.

What real-life culture acts in a way that is wholly consistent with a set of rules / principles / logic / rationality ? None. Things get mucked up, and there is tension in attempts at reconciliation.
    Your assuming that real life functions as a good plot in a video game, which it doesn't.

The actions Empress conducts (albeit not willingly) during Pandaria quests weaken the Mantid in the long run, and this is why the Klaxxi aim for her to be put down.
    An objective they couldn't even be bothered to finish btw. They just showed up at the doorstep, fought a little with the empresses minions and then called it a day.

No they know of the Sha.

During a wakening quest, one of the Mantid (The venom guy I think) comments on seeing the Sha corruption in the land, and deduces the Empress has been compromised by the Sha.

So the Mantid know of the Sha. They don't worship it because 1) It's no Y'Shaarj, just a shadow of him 2) The Sha of Fear was compromising the swarm and the mantid in general, hence the Klaxxi's action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    okay thanks. I remember reading about something like that. Tho i guess a more important question is what it was doing there in the first place.
    It's simple, all old gods have to be imprisoned, they cannot die completely.
    The best example would be yogg'saron in Ulduar. That was his prison. Y'Shaarj was probably cut down, and his heart was placed in the cube that was in yet another titan prison. This is where you go in the Dark Heart of Pandaria scenario.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    Your assuming that real life functions as a good plot in a video game, which it doesn't.
    I think that in most cases it functions better than computer-like uniformity. Without inner conflict, there would be no Paragons. The Empress would be corrupted by the Sha of Fear and lead the Mantid into ruin and the Mantid would comply.

There would be no Horde Civil War going on. Garrosh is the leader, everyone follows the leader.

Without the level of complexity that realistic behavior affords, everything is too black/white and there is little room for mystery/intrigue/surprise. Everything becomes too predictable. Before anyone got to exalted with the Klaxxi, who would have guessed that the Paragons would wind up being our enemies ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    The Klaxxi serv the old gods. Your intent to kill the sha of pride, which is remains of their ancient god, kinda comes against their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    The Klaxxi serv the old gods. Your intent to kill the sha of pride, which is remains of their ancient god, kinda comes against their agenda.
    By the time we reach paragons, sha of pride will be long dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think that in most cases it functions better than computer-like uniformity. Without inner conflict, there would be no Paragons. The Empress would be corrupted by the Sha of Fear and lead the Mantid into ruin and the Mantid would comply.

There would be no Horde Civil War going on. Garrosh is the leader, everyone follows the leader.

Without the level of complexity that realistic behavior affords, everything is too black/white and there is little room for mystery/intrigue/surprise. Everything becomes too predictable. Before anyone got to exalted with the Klaxxi, who would have guessed that the Paragons would wind up being our enemies ?
    Depends really. Because RL=/Warcraft
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Klaxxi are clearly after the Heart of Y'Shaarj. The placement of their fight as next-to-last is no coincidence. Garrosh's encounter refers to his "new weapon" and then him drawing upon the power of the Heart of Y'Shaarj.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Depends really. Because RL=/Warcraft
    You're right ... there's more war in real life than in WoW
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Klaxxi regard the Sha as only shadows of their masters power. They don't think much of them.

The whole purpose of the Klaxxi was to depose the mantid ruler (I'm not sure if it always would be an Empress, or if there could be a Mantid Emperor and during this particular cycle it was an empress) if said ruler acted against the natural cycle. That's it. The Sha corruption wasn't, I think, as bad to them as breaking the cycle was. It just so happens that because of all the corruption going on they needed to bring back their Paragons to assist.

I believe the flavor text also states that, basically, the mantid ruler gets assassinated when they're old by the new successor (presumably with help from the Klaxxi; it hints that the Klaxxi choose the successor), I'm guessing at some point they get some kind of mantis Alzheimers and start making bad decisions, so they get offed and replaced. The Klaxxi and paragons were never our friends or allies, they were using us as their pawns for a common goal (defeating Shek'zeer).

They basically act like the power behind the throne and manipulate who they want to rule.