Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs up [feral PvP] Shred+Ravage! macro and the ultimate opener for ferals

This macro is supposed to make feral PvP a little bit easier:

#showtooltip Shred
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=3/target Shred, Tiger's Fury, Ravage!
    /cast Shred

what it does:
    - casts Shred consistently when Ravage! can't be used and Tiger's Fury is on cooldown
    - casts Tiger's Fury as soons as it's up again followed by Ravage! => maximal Ravage! damage
    - spam this macro when behind a target for maximal consistent damage
    - delay the use of this macro when Tiger's Fury is useable and you are at full energy => use Mangle instead
    - delay the use of this macro for a short time depending on when you need burst

The ultimate opener for ferals in PvP

*be behind the target with Savage Roar up*

1. Pounce
    2. press the macro two times (=you will automatically cast Shred followed by Tiger's Fury)
    3. Rake
    4. press the macro one time (=you will automatically cast Ravage!)
    5. Rip
    6. spam macro (=you will consistently cast Shred until Tiger's Fury and your instant Ravage! is up again)

why this opener is the 'ultimate' one:
    - Pounce stuns the target and applies a bleed effect which increases the damage done by Shred in step 2. by 20%
    - by pressing the macro for the second time in step 2 (=casting Tiger's Fury), your energy will jump up to 95/100 (= perfect use of Tiger's Fury)
    - your Rake in step 3. is affected by Tiger's Fury, resulting in +15% damage for the whole duration
    - your Ravage! in step 4. is affected by Tiger's Fury, resulting in maximal Ravage! damage
    - your Rip in step 5. is affected by Tiger's Fury, resulting in +15% damage for the whole duration
    - up to step 5. the target is still stunned => you can get everything off perfectly

highly recommended:

insert ALL your damage cooldowns (besides Incarnation and Berserk) into the macro

for example if you are a troll druid with engineering, like me, your macro should look like this:

#showtooltip Shred
    /startattack
    /use [engi gloves]
    /cast Berserking
    /cast Shred

- you can swap the engi gloves with your on use trinket if you aren't an engineer
    - all the buffs I have when using this opener:
    + Tiger's Fury
    + engi gloves (+1920 agi)
    + Berserking (=> additional bleed ticks)
    + Savage Roar
    + Dancing Steel (+1650 agi)
    + Relic of Xuen (+3262 agi)

=> most insane bleed ticks

fact: the opener with 5cp finisher instead of rip on a 65% resilience mage = from 100%-0% in 6 seconds

if you want to cast Ravage during Incarantion, using ONLY this macro, it will look like this:

#showtooltip Shred
    /startattack
    /use [engi gloves]
    /cast Berserking
    /cast [nostealth] Ravage!
    /cast Shred

- this is the macro I use and it has carried my feral in 2s with an affliction lock up to 1950 (26-4 stats) in full honor gear (17.6.2013)

I hope this post was somewhat useful - have a good one! =)
    Last edited by mmoc3a779c5103; 2013-06-17 at 12:39 AM.

2hard4me
    #showtooltip Shred
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear();
    /cast [stealth] Ravage
    /cast [nostealth] Ravage!
    /cast [nostealth] Shred
    /startattack
    dfnnd

The first macro is decent for people learning but shouldn't be used as you'll want to save your free Ravages for burst damage when required.

#showtooltip Shred
    /startattack
    /use [engi gloves]
    /cast Berserking
    /cast Shred
    This is the worst macro I've ever seen for anything and I'd highly advise against anybody using it unless your goal in this game is to fail. Your "ultimate pvp opener" is also terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    The first macro is decent for people learning but shouldn't be used as you'll want to save your free Ravages for burst damage when required.

This is the worst macro I've ever seen for anything and I'd highly advise against anybody using it unless your goal in this game is to fail. Your "ultimate pvp opener" is also terrible.
    LOL!!!! OMG, so true.. this is so horrible!!! LOL!!!

Is it really decent for people learning though? Creates lazy and bad habits , I think if someone wants to learn they should do it properly~

Deleted
    As stated above Free Ravage isn't ideally used in a macro whice you push a lot because in proper PvP you'd want to save it for the right moment. If anything i'd say macro TF and Ravage and those only.

LOL! cast sequence macros.

Deleted
    This is the worst macro I've ever seen for anything and I'd highly advise against anybody using it unless your goal in this game is to fail.
    Please elaborate

Your "ultimate pvp opener" is also terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post

why this opener is the 'ultimate' one:
    - Pounce stuns the target and applies a bleed effect which increases the damage done by Shred in step 2. by 20%
    - by pressing the macro for the second time in step 2 (=casting Tiger's Fury), your energy will jump up to 95/100 (= perfect use of Tiger's Fury)
    - your Rake in step 3. is affected by Tiger's Fury, resulting in +15% damage for the whole duration
    - your Ravage! in step 4. is affected by Tiger's Fury, resulting in maximal Ravage! damage
    - your Rip in step 5. is affected by Tiger's Fury, resulting in +15% damage for the whole duration
    - up to step 5. the target is still stunned => you can get everything off perfectly
    please tell me what would cause an even stronger opener...I don't see it

Why would you want a strong opener is the real question? I assume you only play double DPS 2s at 1300 where you either win in 3 seconds or lose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    LOL! cast sequence macros.
    - you will cast Shred until Tiger's Fury and your out-of-stealth Ravage! is up
    - when they are up you will cast another Shred making sure that Tiger's Fury is never wasted (that is why the castsequence astually comes in handy even in PvP)

tip for all PvP ferals: you shouldn't sit on Tiger's Fury too long even in arenas - you should use it for tiny bits of burst but in the end your true burst abilities are Berserk and if applicable Incarantion.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 12:22 PM ----------

Why would you want a strong opener is the real question? I assume you only play double DPS 2s at 1300 where you either win in 3 seconds or lose.
    Which feral doesn't want a strong opener?! High bleed ticks are extremely important to keep up pressure in arena.
    Maybe tell us your opener first before turning every other opener down.

ps: I picked up feral PvP a week ago and as a perfectionist I did some testing and came up with these macros and the opener.
    In 2s I'm currently playing at 1950 with an affliction warlock.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 12:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    As stated above Free Ravage isn't ideally used in a macro whice you push a lot because in proper PvP you'd want to save it for the right moment. If anything i'd say macro TF and Ravage and those only.
    you can delay the use of this macro when you see that Tiger's Fury is off cooldown and press it again as soon as you have 3 cp and need burst. Inbetween you want to spam Mangle or Shred on another keybind. Then again: you should never sit on Tiger's Fury for more than like 10 seconds.

SR
    Pounce
    Shred
    Shred
    TF + Rake
    Rip
    Shred
    Ravage
    SR

The macro is terrible because it is a cast sequence. Simply using a cast sequence adds extra delay to the spells and there is absolutely no reason why you want to always press those 3 buttons in that order. You mention that you can just delay the macro but that would mean you need to keybind all the spells in the macro separately in order to delay the macro but still some of those abilities. At that point you may as well not have the macro to begin with. You also have it as Reset=3 but Tiger's Fury isn't on the GCD hence your macro is only 2 GCDs, not 3.

Just face it, these macros are terrible. If you want to use them because you simply don't care to try any harder then go ahead but don't spread misinformation trying to tell other people that these macros are good when they will do nothing but hinder your gameplay.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-06-15 at 10:37 AM.

Deleted
    The macro is terrible because it is a cast sequence. Simply using a cast sequence adds extra delay to the spells and there is absolutely no reason why you want to always press those 3 buttons in that order. You mention that you can just delay the macro but that would mean you need to keybind all the spells in the macro separately in order to delay the macro but still some of those abilities. At that point you may as well not have the macro to begin with. You also have it as Reset=3 but Tiger's Fury isn't on the GCD hence your macro is only 2 GCDs, not 3.
    Okay, maybe now is the right time for yu to actually log in and try the macro.
    There is no dealy whatsoever between the spells - you actually get them off the fastest way, smashing this one keybind.
    The reasons why you want to press thos buttons in that order is explained in my first post.
    If you want to delay TF for a few seconds, you can/should use Mangle/Shred instead of this macro. So you will only need to bind Mangle and Shred in addition to this macro. The rest is done by the macro.

Deleted
    Cast sequence macros break the spell queueing system that exist in the game so instead of your spell going off back to back you get the lag you have between them.

Deleted
    A strong opener? Very rarely do you need a strong opener in arena, since at the start, everyone will have CDs and just mitigate most of your burst, you need to time your burst, which as a feral, you can't do from an opener. When you've put some damage into a player, they have been forced to use a few CDs, then you start with burst. I would also highly recommend people stay away from these macros. Using ravage as soon as it's available is just bad practice, and one that's hard to get out of.

Castsequence macros are fail²

Learn to play feral.
    You just added another macro to one of the 30+ that you need for feral pvp. And this macro is definitely the most useless one that I've ever seen.
    You need full control over the situation on arena and you can't rely on macro because they will fail you in any non-standard situation.

You'll have to have everything binded separately - shred, tf and ravage. Using additional keybind for sub-optimal opener is not a very smart idea if you want to play druid at least somewhat decent level.

I don't care about you, you can play the way you like. But I'm afraid that a newbe will come to this thread and will start to use this or similar stupid macro. It will work for him up to 1500 and then he will stop forever on this level.

Focus macro? Great! Heal/decurse your team mates macro? Awesome! Cyclone arena1/arena2/arena3 - even better!
    Castsequence macro... fail.
    Don't waste the valuable space on your keyboard. Learn to play properly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    sub-optimal opener

Focus macro? Great! Heal/decurse your team mates macro? Awesome! Cyclone arena1/arena2/arena3 - even better!
    Castsequence macro... fail.
    Don't waste the valuable space on your keyboard. Learn to play properly.
    First off, nobody of 800 ppl who saw this thread told us a better opener so I think that this one here is quite optimal. And it is also quite obvious that it's the optimal opener....so saying that it isn't when it actually is the best opener for ferals in pvp, makes you the one who needs to "learn how to play feral"
    Secondly, I have all the macros you mentioned as well (and many more)
    And last but not least, my macro doesn't waste space, but gives you another 4 keybinds.

Because of everyone seeing the "/castsequence" and then screaming:"hahahah noob castsequence in PvP lol", when they have not the slightest clue how the macro actually functions, I have to be a little direct and honest in my responses.

First off, nobody of 800 ppl who saw this thread told us a better opener
    Because there is no such thing as "better" opener. The opener is different depending your enemy setup, your setup and enemy actions.

And last but not least, my macro doesn't waste space, but gives you another 4 keybinds.
    So you can't even use shred without wasting tf...
    Your "pvp" is not "suboptimal", it's broken.

Get more experience playing in different setups and using strategies different from "open on enemy with one big nuke or lose the match if it failed".

Believe me, if there was a magic "press to win" button for ferals it would've been discovered a long time ago.
    None of at least somewhat good ferals use any "optimal openers", neither they bind tf and shred together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post

So you can't even use shred without wasting tf...
    When using this macro you will never ever waste TF, because when TF is back up again, you will always cast another Shred before the macro activates TF due to the castsequence. When using this macro, I'm never ever over 95 energy.

When using this macro you will never ever waste TF, because when TF is back up again, you will always cast another Shred before the macro activates TF due to the castsequence. When using this macro, I'm never ever over 95 energy.
    That's nice keep using the macro then. But for everyone else who may care about play the game properly then avoid it like the plague.