Things I want to keep in future WOW

Wow has changed a lot, some changes are for better experience, some let people down, some make people AFK. Let's talk about things better to keep. Firstly, 40 Raid, I prefer being with a larger team while raiding. It gives more intensive epic feeling. I don't mind competition between same professions, instead of that I perceive 40 Raid makes a guild more like a family rather than a company which people don't have any personal communications. Secondly, I want H-model to be totally removed from sight. As long as it exists, it classifies people and isolates them. I know H-model is just an alternative way to solve a problem which Blizzard don't design enough Raids. This situation is getting worse because people get used to play a Raid with four different levels but same bosses with same repeated plots. Raid is not only a place for people to get gear, more importantly a real content contributed to game. I dislike 10raid being same with 25raids in which I find Blizzard lazy about content design. Lastly I suppose players are too easy to level up nowadays due to reduction in experiences and experiences bonus gear. This setting has destroyed most of the fun that Blizzard used to delicately design for players. See how old world map deserted and forsaken, it surely cuts game into pieces and announce all those parts have nothing to do with each other.
    I know people say, "it's a strong opinion, it's based on nothing but subjective complains" Nevertheless, think about true fun of a game, one principle is "more people, more involvement and no class."
    Last edited by billielecter; 2013-06-15 at 12:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard enough to get a 25 man group, now think of 40 man, Then Raiding will die out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    It's hard enough to get a 25 man group, now think of 40 man, Then Raiding will die out.
    You never know what players are being capable of,do you? Don't underestimate people and make your tone rather pessimistic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by billielecter View Post
    You never know what players are being capable of,do you? Don't underestimate people and make your tone rather pessimistic.
    we can call ourselves happy if blizz keeps 25m raiding now that its practicall extinct outside of world top 300 raiding. asking for 40m is rather rediculous.

Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    we can call ourselves happy if blizz keeps 25m raiding now that its practicall extinct outside of world top 300 raiding. asking for 40m is rather rediculous.
    Here is the problem. It is the design that makes people choose 25 passively, it is also by redesign people will feel 40 Raid alive again.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    i agree with this post.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Guilds are having trouble finding steady 25-man groups. Increasing that number to 40 will do nothing but make it even harder.

Plus, these posts always make me chuckle a little. Because the 'bring back 40 man raiding!' nostalgia-glasses types obviously never raided real 40-mans, the vast majority of which consisted of half the group being AFK, out of combat in case a rez was needed, or spam-recasting buffs constantly, while the other 20 did all the actual fighting.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Players nowadays get to nervous to play leisurely.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Yep. Guilds are having trouble finding steady 25-man groups. Increasing that number to 40 will do nothing but make it even harder.

Plus, these posts always make me chuckle a little. Because the 'bring back 40 man raiding!' nostalgia-glasses types obviously never raided real 40-mans, the vast majority of which consisted of half the group being AFK, out of combat in case a rez was needed, or spam-recasting buffs constantly, while the other 20 did all the actual fighting.
    Yeah, unless you were doing some of the really hard content, like Naxx, 40 mans were anything but "family-like." You didn't need to be all that coordinated since so many of the early bosses in WoW's history were simple, and you probably barely had any connection to half the people in your guild. I think the OP is a bit too nostalgic and forgot that raiding was too niche during Vanilla, which is why Blizzard's made so many changes since then. Not that I like the way raids are set up now (where there's 6 different raid types to balance: LFR/Flex/10N/25N/10H/25H) or that Blizzard has catered to subpar players a bit, but undoing all of the good progress Blizzard has made over the years would flat-out kill raiding almost instantly.

You know what I see as the gravest problem existing in WOW now? Blizzard simplifies everything to cater for players' need while at the very same time it diminishes all the fun that people can only receive from complicated contents.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post

It's not through PVE can people only find entertainment, it is through all the contents related to WOW background epic history that makes a player interested all the time. We can open a Raid which allows most of the population to enter yet we still complicates quests that demands cooperation and hardworking. So. it is not Raid we should make more difficult, instead of that, we make Raid many and various. We make everything which people would find valuable more strenuous so that they will appreciate and cherish.

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 08:37 AM ----------

Blizzard has made changes too frequently in PVP and it results in inadaption of players. In PVE part Blizzard tries to definite players and categorize them. Actually no one or no company can definite people, people will definite themselves. I beg Blizzard to think about giving players more choices, more possibilities instead of restraining the ways people play games.
    P.S You can see that elitists i H-model wouldn't deal with players who can only enter LFR. Such a design cuts off the communication between different players, makes a guild divided.

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Awakar View Post
    Yeah, unless you were doing some of the really hard content, like Naxx, 40 mans were anything but "family-like." You didn't need to be all that coordinated since so many of the early bosses in WoW's history were simple, and you probably barely had any connection to half the people in your guild. I think the OP is a bit too nostalgic and forgot that raiding was too niche during Vanilla, which is why Blizzard's made so many changes since then. Not that I like the way raids are set up now (where there's 6 different raid types to balance: LFR/Flex/10N/25N/10H/25H) or that Blizzard has catered to subpar players a bit, but undoing all of the good progress Blizzard has made over the years would flat-out kill raiding almost instantly.
    Blizzard has made changes too frequently in PVP and it results in inadaption of players. In PVE part Blizzard tries to definite players and categorize them. Actually no one or no company can definite people, people will definite themselves. I beg Blizzard to think about giving players more choices, more possibilities instead of restraining the ways people play games.
    P.S You can see that elitists i H-model wouldn't deal with players who can only enter LFR. Such a design cuts off the communication between different players, makes a guild divided.