Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Blizzard flat out said they are NOT removing anything from LFR yesterday. This isn't rocket science folks.
    What I read (maybe I've missed something) is that they feel removing tier and other significant items from LFR for 5.4 would feel like an unfair "ground rules change" to players. I get the feeling they have been mulling over loot changes in LFR for the next expansion.

But here's the thing. If LFR remains extremely popular, Blizzard will keep it around. They certainly will do NOTHING to DISCOURAGE players from using it, because many of those people will just not log on otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Probably gonna be epic gems.

I doubt so. Hacking the branch you are sitting on wouldn't be wise move from developers' side at all.
    What? We haven't seen epic gems before? They were raid drops when initially implemented into game during TBC.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Interesting thread, you can kinda tell by Ghostcrawler's responses that while he agrees LFR and Flex let people see content, there's still something not quite right about them..... will be interesting to see what happens next expansion, my guess is that Flex raids is the new go to spot for gearing up for normal, and LFR will not drop certain pieces of loot and may not have all of the bosses in it.
    I think the hardcore suck-up in him would like that, but I think the realist in him knows that what the hardcores want is pretty much bad for the other 98% of the players.

Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    The business depends on the removal of LFR.

It's either remove or let subs drop more.
    Because elitists like you aren't driving people away from the game. I'm sorry but your attitude is significantly worse for this game and community than any faceroll content ever could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I think the hardcore suck-up in him would like that, but I think the realist in him knows that what the hardcores want is pretty much bad for the other 98% of the players.
    Yup. If GC thinks they should start catering the game to the hardest of the hardcore (1-2%) and pushing away the other 98%, I'm quite sure the share holders might have something to say about that when WoW loses another few million players.

a lot of people would come back actually. I don't know about you guys, but I have a large number of guild mates that left WoW to play LoL since blizzard killed 25 man raiding with LFR.
    Considering how toxic the Lol community is they can keep them. We don't need them back in Wow. It is no coincidence that as more people leave Wow other gaming communities become more toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I think the problem is that the other 98% of the players weren't finding the easy mode stuff that fun either.

Deleted
    Sad this is that it's the "real" raiding that is dying, while Blizzard is trying quietly to kill off lfr in hopes of rescuing normal form of raiding (flex), what does that leave for lfr players... just dailies and initial quests. GL WoW better get that Sargeras alive and kicking in next expansion before servers start shutting down.

He made a subjective opinion first. He said the business depends on LFR.

According to subscriptions number you're wrong.
    Unless you work for Blizzard you have no fucking idea why anyone left. The reasons your friends have left the game aren't universal. Many people are quitting due to factors that have NOTHING to do with the game at all.

Considering how toxic the Lol community is they can keep them. We don't need them back in Wow. It is no coincidence that as more people leave Wow other gaming communities become more toxic.
    Can't be that more and more people are playing Video Games, and by the off-chance a lot of people are "Toxic" by nature. God that word is pathetic.

When LFR didn't exist, subs were 12 million.

You're welcome.
    Wow. Truly astounding. I seem to recall the wannabe hardcores claiming that faceroll content killed the game in Wrath and now you are using that expansion to defend elitist notions such as removing easy content from casuals? Are you fucking kidding me right now?

Blizzard flat out said they are NOT removing anything from LFR yesterday.
    Blizzard also flat out said they were not making LFR when people first asked about it after the LFD introduction. Blizzard say random things and do random things, often the two have no correlation.

World of Warcraft lost 600,000 players shortly after the release of Cataclysm. Cataclysm was already shitty, LFR was pretty much the final nail in the coffin.
    So why are you playing still? Why waste your time? Why can't you people ever let this game go?

Wow. Truly astounding. I seem to recall the wannabe hardcores claiming that faceroll content killed the game in Wrath and now you are using that expansion to defend elitist notions such as removing easy content from casuals? Are you fucking kidding me right now?
    Maybe I'm reading too much into your post, but when was the idea of removing LFR an elitist notion?

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point in the game, removal or watering down of the experience that the casual players see in LFR would only hurt their sub numbers more. They aren't going to alienate their much larger casual population to cater to whining hardcores who can't sleep at night because "unworthy players" are seeing all the content.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Deleted
    Because elitists like you aren't driving people away from the game. I'm sorry but your attitude is significantly worse for this game and community than any faceroll content ever could be.
    You have one of the worst attitudes in this thread and I can easily see you alone driving players away from the game if you act that way ingame as in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I know at least 134 hardcore raiders left because of LFR.
    Force us to play with newbs, ninja looters and AFKs.
    If you knew 134 "hardcore" raiders why didn't you make your own groups for LFR? You had enough for at least 5 different LFR groups. Oh wait you are talking out of your ass. No wonder.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK. This has come totally off the rails so closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."