Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyman64 View Post
    it's annoying to see people say that I, and others like me, don't deserve to be rewarded for the time and effort we put in.
    It's not that you don't deserve to be rewarded, it's that the current rewards are just too good.

I imagine that a full run of Flex mode, when you add up the time it takes to clear all four sections of LFR combined with four queue times, wouldn't take much longer. You can even join a pre-made cross realm group from Openraid etc, so you wouldn't even have to spend time searching for a group.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-06-15 at 05:36 PM.

I'll quit if they change LFR, I used to raid for a guild personally I don't miss the time commitments and feeling like WoW is a job. Content is content I really don't care about the difficulty either I'm more interested in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    When did I say they were going to remove or limit content before the end of MOP?

I am hopeful that LFR is gonna be reworked or have limited content NEXT expansion. It looks promising with all those tweets.

@ Netherspark

Exactly. Thanks.
    Why? Why do you care about what other people have or don't have? I do normal/Heroic on my main and an occasional pug on my alt. I like to play my alts and get them into lfr tier because it is fun to me. Why do you want to take away other people's fun?....i don't get it at all, because you are almighty conqueror of Normal modes and have access to it why should other people that don't have access or don't want to do normal have something taken away from them?

Why do you care about strangers?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Nothing wrong with only playing a small amount at a time, and you're right, it would suck to lose those players. However, it is also incredibly stupid to think that someone should acquire gear playing 4 hours a week at a comparable rate to someone who plays 4 hours a day. The two shouldn't be close, and someone playing far less shouldn't get items nearly as fast as someone playing a lot more.
    I would say blame RNG than the amount of time a player spends playing. So what if some play for 4 hours a week or whatever just put it to that some people are luckier and have RNG on their side while others are not so lucky and RNG is not working for them. The amount of time spent really makes no difference the RNG is what does make the difference..

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    I'll quit if they change LFR, I used to raid for a guild personally I don't miss the time commitments and feeling like WoW is a job. Content is content I really don't care about the difficulty either I'm more interested in the story.
    Which is just as anecdotal as people saying their friends will come back if LFR is changed/removed.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    When LFR didn't exist, subs were 12 million.

You're welcome.
    More accurately, when sub numbers started to plummet from 12 million LFR didn't exist. The cata drop started way before lfr came into play.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I know at least 134 hardcore raiders left because of LFR.
    Force us to play with newbs, ninja looters and AFKs.
    Left the game or your guild/raid group? If it's the latter then they probably felt forced into it and LFR offered them a better option. Burnout and coincidental timing are of course also possible.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

wow is a game...
    its about having fun...
    it should provide fun for as many people as possible...

all the people who take stuff WAY too serious, always want to be better than the rest and achieve something special...
    why the hell are you putting all the effort into a stupid computer game and not your real life???

Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    More accurately, when sub numbers started to plummet from 12 million LFR didn't exist. The cata drop started way before lfr came into play.
    It never stopped, even with the release of LFR. If I remember correctly it stabilized the loses, but than again the subscription report was right after the LFR patch. The next one was a minor increase I believe? And than it started plummeting again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevor View Post
    wow is a game...
    its about having fun...
    it should provide fun for as many people as possible...

all the people who take stuff WAY too serious, always want to be better than the rest and achieve something special...
    why the hell are you putting all the effort into a stupid computer game and not your real life???
    Maybe they have the capacity to put in effort in both? It's like in sport, some just want to throw a ball around and others want to win and play good even in a game of amongst friends on saturday afternoon in the park. People are different.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Ok, I see your point and you should be reward. It's just that some people spend a lot more time than you on the game, not necessarily in the game but checking out guides, videos, etc etc. How do you reward THEM ?! Why should THEY bother with harder content if their rewards are just slightly better than yours regardless the fact that they spent a lot more time and effort on the rewards.

What you're advocating here is practically Communism. If a person does not spend effort (for many reasons, more or less justified) on solving a problem, yet someone else does spend a lot of effort on it, the 1st person should be rewarded anyway just because Communism, while the latter gets an extra pat on the back.
    From http://www.thefreedictionary.com/communism

com·mu·nism (kmy-nzm)
    n.
    1. A theoretical economic system characterized by the collective ownership of property and by the organization of labor for the common advantage of all members.
    2. Communism
    a. A system of government in which the state plans and controls the economy and a single, often authoritarian party holds power, claiming to make progress toward a higher social order in which all goods are equally shared by the people.
    b. The Marxist-Leninist version of Communist doctrine that advocates the overthrow of capitalism by the revolution of the proletariat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    It never stopped, even with the release of LFR. If I remember correctly it stabilized the loses, but than again the subscription report was right after the LFR patch. The next one was a minor increase I believe? And than it started plummeting again.
    What stabalized the losses was the annual pass, which came before LFR.

Ok, I see your point and you should be reward. It's just that some people spend a lot more time than you on the game, not necessarily in the game but checking out guides, videos, etc etc. How do you reward THEM ?! Why should THEY bother with harder content if their rewards are just slightly better than yours regardless the fact that they spent a lot more time and effort on the rewards.

What you're advocating here is practically Communism. If a person does not spend effort (for many reasons, more or less justified) on solving a problem, yet someone else does spend a lot of effort on it, the 1st person should be rewarded anyway just because Communism, while the latter gets an extra pat on the back.
    I will never understand people with your viewpoint unfortunately.

There's rewards for those who want it on Heroic Difficulty.

Same goes for normal mode and even Flex now.

LFR is for those who want the story and to get geared so they can continue to see the content.

And those that run LFR are, well, in the millions.

It shouldn't affect you. It doesn't affect me. I'm in a 25 man heroic guild.

I don't see why you complain when it has no effect on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

First off, this is a game, not an economy. If it were an economy, it would be an abysmal failure because the rewards per time are NOT based on time input, but in fact, LUCK.

Secondly, in the vast majority of games/hobbies out there, there is no "reward" for doing better. If you beat a friend at Chess, do you get a cookie? If you shoot the lowest score you ever got in a game of golf, does someone bring you a check or a new set of clubs? No, they don't and yet these games have persisted for hundreds, if not thousands of years. Why do people play them? Because they can constantly improve and derive satisfaction from doing them better, generally without any other reward.

In your way of thinking, the game isn't fun enough to be played for it's own sake and is played only for the fake rewards it hands out, which totally falls apart given that bosses can be killed once per week at best and yet people race to kill them faster than one another. If the reward was only the gear that dropped, then why would it matter when during a reset you kill anything?

If players only want to raid because of the gear and only if the gear is much much better than what is given to other people they don't even know, then the game is a massive failure as a game and only works because people are tricked into paying for something that requires them to do something they wouldn't otherwise do for a reward that has no real world value.

I think it's fair to say millions are not in this camp and that a significant part of the reason people do the content they do is because it is what they enjoy doing in the time they have to play WoW. Making one part of the game way better because of some moralistic judgement that "harder" is better will ultimately end the game as games that succeed in the long run are fun as well as challenging (and challenge is always subjective to the player, always) and generally played because they are enjoyed, not because the people doing it get rewards, even fake ones, for playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    So you like logging in for 2 hours once a week at a crap shoot for gear for bosses you don't get challenged by that only get easier with time?

This game will die much quicker with players like you who will soon find shit else to do in game.
    "Give me my mediocre game experience or else" isn't what made WoW special.

I honestly can't imagine why players who don't PvP or Raid (for real) are good for this game.
    We're entering a next gen era, look at all the cool shit for E3.
    So many players who's peak excitment in WoW is winning a ghost roll on LFR won't be playing for very long. I garauntee it.

I don't think the current rewards for LFR are "too good." They're considerably worse than the gear from normal and heroic. I'm also not saying that players who can and do put more time in should receive more reward. I don't think it should be a linearly scaling system of reward, and currently it is not, but they do deserve more reward. Which is why I think the current system works, they get more reward. The gear is better, the content is more challenging, and trash mobs drop loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    That's exactly it. Time is indeed the issue. And a big reason why LFR is popular, and will remain so.
    Time isn't the issue. Never has been, and never will be. If time itself is such a limiting factor to you, then you're simply playing the wrong genre of game. The answer you're looking for is that you don't feel like participating in organized raiding. And I can understand that, as I am one of those people.

LFR is popular because its reward to effort ratio is off the charts.

Ok, let's go with the pvp model then. Equalize all gear, make all drops from all difficulty levels purely cosmetic, and the reward for doing the higher difficulty levels is that you got to complete them at a higher difficulty. You can even get an exclusive title that shows you did it. There, now you no longer have an issue with LFR getting rewards that are between 20 to 30 ivi's lower than yours being 'too good' for them in your opinion.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

When did gaming become about needing a bigger carrot or the ability to flash your e-peen around? The vast majority of games out there offer next to nothing for rewards for playing on a harder difficulty. Those that do choose to do it for the challenge. It only tends to be MMO's that have to bribe people to want the challenge.

If the main thing holding you or people you know from heroic raiding is there isn't a big enough shiny object, then you aren't really in it for the challenge.

15+ Year Old Account
    It will remain the same, just stop. ><

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    When did gaming become about needing a bigger carrot or the ability to flash your e-peen around? The vast majority of games out there offer next to nothing for rewards for playing on a harder difficulty. Those that do choose to do it for the challenge. It only tends to be MMO's that have to bribe people to want the challenge.

If the main thing holding you or people you know from heroic raiding is there isn't a big enough shiny object, then you aren't really in it for the challenge.
    Simple. MMO's don't have a true ending. Other games progress and then you beat the end boss and you are done. There has to be a reason to continue paying and playing.

And that reason is shiney new stuff.