Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Dps class with most survivability?

Hi guys,
    Playing a bit SWTOR has reminded me what made me choose my paladin in vanilla - to have a lot of survivability.
    So since rets suck when focused atm and have been so for a while I thought maybe its time to reroll and choose a new main.
    So I ask you - which melee dps class and spec do you think have the best survivability atm and Blizzard views and plans for the class/spec is to be able to tank damage?

Windwalker monk, feral druid, ret pally.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    pretty much, enhancement shamans are up there for me now too. Even without great gear they can pump and great dmg and withstand a lot of pressure

Deleted
    I will have to second this.

Though they do have some stuff that could be considered a relatively hard counter to them (Fucking BM hunters and their infinite supply of roots and snares)

In actual ranked arena, Warlocks and Windwalker Monks are at the top. My RBG group sees a ret paladin and 1-shots them 100% of the time, including Vanguardzs on his paladin a couple times; they're susceptible to blanket silences & take more damage than other classes.

Warriors are also hard to kill (in arena) because they have second wind, and 2%/second is a lot.

Also note that rogues are hard to kill in arena and 1-on-1, because they can simply reset if they're getting low, but you can stun them and global them.
    Last edited by Exac; 2013-06-13 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Full-blown auto-spellcheck on a desktop operating system is retarded at worst.

WW monk - most active defences and great kiting, but it's an often ocasion that you get milked out of cds before and die 10-15 sec before they're active again. Warriors have great passive defences, good mobility and quite a few active defences. Those two are probably the toughtest to bring down if played right. Enchs aren't bad too but after wolves they can be brought down fairly quickly, ferals only tought as long as they've good symbiosis going on, DKs lacking mobility to avoid dmg but blood presence is strong and they sacrifice not much offence for extra defence, Rets are lacking the most but can give their healer free out-of-cc card or prevent silence and give free window to heal. Rogues are iffy, immortal during cds but if you hold they drop like flies.

Overall i would say every melee have a different aproach to defence, but atm dmg is so high and cc is so potent that for every melee defence is lacking and success often depends on whether some hunter carries you or not simply becouse the window of opportunity for melee is so short that you need excessive dmg to kill something before you're out of cds. So honestly atm it's worth picking melee with most burst, easiest setup and that's hard to peel - ferals/rets/wars. I recently started playing monk and even though class defences are far superior to ret, ret have simply more benefits when played with hunter becouse all he require is 1 button to start bursting, whille monk takes time to stack TEB.

tldr: best defence is offence, especially with the current state of pvp.

Deleted
    It would depend on what kind of survivability, magic/physical reduce, cc, self heal etc..
    Warlocks are pretty good they got some absorbs and heals.
    Windwalker monks can easily get away if they get in trouble and they also have a few cooldowns against different sources if they choose to spec for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    survival hunter. My boomkin and spriest as well with the glyphs that let you heal in form. rogues. feral druid. warriors. pally's.

My top pick is shadow priest. Note I have everyone at max level except for a monk.

Ret Pally - AHHAHAHA
    You made my day.

I'd say Feral and Warlock tbh..
    Last edited by ErothTV; 2013-06-13 at 11:43 AM.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Between feral or enh those two have the best of both the others mentioned either have non existent burst or no real defencive cd's. There is a reason when you see a ret you focus them first.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would say Warlock, but he said melee. Go Feral!

warlock, bm hunter
    ret pala has only his shield that makes them survive good burst and this shield makes him useless as dps
    windwalker monk can survive very good against meele dont know how they hold aganst range

defiantly NOT ret pallies. Rets have the Worst survivability, thats their only issue atm.

I would say feral and warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsod View Post
    windwalker monk can survive very good against meele dont know how they hold aganst range
    Good, as long as it's not a a retarded BM huntard or a good mage. Yes, the mage actually needs skill to do what the BM herpderptard can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed I can survive for a while on my Warrior, the cd's are really strong.

honestly baffled that multiple people have said enh shaman. they are one of the worst, especially against physical damage.

the answer is feral druid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exac View Post
    In actual ranked arena, Warlocks and Windwalker Monks are at the top. .
    May i ask what bracket and what battlegroup windwalkers and warlocks are "at the top"?
    Last edited by mmocb47e9d5b09; 2013-06-14 at 02:57 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    May i ask what bracket and what battlegroup windwalkers and warlocks are "at the top"?
    He worded it poorly, I think he means they are top in survivability (in response to the OPs question), not necessarily top in ranking.

Deleted
    1. warlock
    2. feral druid
    3. monk

lol at the people saying Hunter.