Thread: Garrosh theory.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Garrosh theory.

Before MoP was released a friend and I talked about why we would be killing Garrosh in 4.5. I came up with a theory on why and it is that since his shoulder armor is made from Mannoroth's tusks that Garrosh's skin would absorb some residue. His blood rage would begin to corrupt him and it would to tie in the burning legion returning. Anyway just an old theory.

Naw, he's just been a dick to the entire planet. Garrosh being an asshole has nothing to do with demons or Old Gods (not yet anyways), we're just sick of his shit.

So yeah, Mein Warchief must go.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck that theory I'm going with hes just a fucking dick and batshit Insane full with too much pride.

10+ Year Old Account
    My theory is he wasn't breastfed enough as an infant!

Deleted
    Brown Orcs are evil!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Nope, he is just victim of metzen. He is main source of corruption in azeroth.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's a jerk that thinks merging with Y'Shaarj is a good idea to beat the "rebels"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Nope.

He's just Douche Bag McGee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I mean how many of you were doing the DK starting zone and praying that you could work with the Lich King for good. WoW needs a bad faction, and the Horde wont be that faction after Garrosh is dethroned.
    Well my Dk still has a stack of crusader's skulls in his bank.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean how many of you were doing the DK starting zone and praying that you could work with the Lich King for good.
    What makes you think we aren't still working for him? This isn't even Merely A Setback, this is The Plan All Along. LK now has the powers of Fire and Life to add to Ice and Death. Us Death Knights have grown more powerful than he could have ever hoped for. We just await Bolvar's absorption into the tri-state mind in that helmet, and then it's on again, Azeroth.

OT: I seem to recall at some point Blizzard saying the OP was accurate, but I have no source and an extremely faulty memory.

Deleted
    No.

He's just a dick and he is just trying to absorb the essence of Y'shaarj so he has the power to be an even bigger dick.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer to see him as a Warchief. Emphasis on the War.

A cool alternative to the "do no evil" Alliance.

But apparently every race has to be good and pure or whatever.

I mean how many of you were doing the DK starting zone and praying that you could work with the Lich King for good. WoW needs a bad faction, and the Horde wont be that faction after Garrosh is dethroned.
    Three words for the evil faction.
    Syl. Van. Es.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Having nuns for faction leaders is getting very old and it's no wonder no once cares about whats going on the alliance side anymore, not even alliance.

Would really like to see us digging up some dirt on them too, for example, instead of Varyan having been kidnapped by weevil horde and made to fight as a gladiator, because he had to, and would've preffered to play with puppies instead, it would have been much more interesting if he'd had simply started out as aimless good for nothing cuthroat on the streets of Stormwind, and over time we find out things about him we really didn't want to know.. the current alliance leaders are so holier than thou that no really cares.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Syl. Van. Es.
    Don't you mean Syl van'As?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Syl. Van. Es.
    Plenty of people are trying to get them neutered too.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    He is just an brual idiot. A person who do not have respeckt of anything that is not a orc or tauren. A so simpel minded almost monster, that he does not care what he have to do " his idea" of the Horde is the only thing, for him, the horde is not a united gruop but only the orcs matter. He will gladly use anything he can see power in, no matter what. He have always been to full of pride. the patch with ulduar, The alliance king, with bodygurds (the 2 warriors and a mage) and he charges at them. he is just a rotten person, who will do anything for power

The problem with the Horde is that it's being played by humans. If Garrosh was the character in a novel or a TV-series he'd fit right where he is.

Orcs aren't hippies, they're warmongers.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Fuck that theory I'm going with hes just a fucking dick and batshit Insane full with too much pride.
    Yeah basically this.

I don't think the Legion needs a tie-in when it's already been mentioned by Wrathion, and certainly not at the cost of compromising Garrosh... Corruption is fine as far as character development goes and can certainly be used to amazing effect, but it's true that there can be too much of a good thing. Blizzard uses corruption too much, at least in my opinion. Having a character be an asshole because he is in fact an asshole would be refreshing.

10+ Year Old Account

Nor should it be. MMOs with a color-by-numbers 'One side good the other side bad' approach to binary playable factions tend to be pretty fuckin' boring. Having both be populated by well-intentioned heroes who end up at war with each other because they flat-out can't resolve their ideological differences makes for more interesting storytelling opportunities than what Garrosh's Horde has given us, where the Horde players that don't fancy the idea of being shoehorned into the role of a cackling cartoon villain have been forced to either go along with it for an expansion and a half or reroll/pay money to faction change to the other team.

If WoW were to implement a third villainous faction then sure, rock on. But build it up from the ground to be the villainous faction and stick to it; this bait-and-switch bullshit almost a decade into the game's lifespan where the players are forced to be Adolf Hellscream's thugs can rot.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindrax View Post
    Before MoP was released a friend and I talked about why we would be killing Garrosh in 4.5. I came up with a theory on why and it is that since his shoulder armor is made from Mannoroth's tusks that Garrosh's skin would absorb some residue. His blood rage would begin to corrupt him and it would to tie in the burning legion returning. Anyway just an old theory.
    The tusks are from a Wendigo of Northrend, not from Mannoroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Naw, he's just been a dick to the entire planet. Garrosh being an asshole has nothing to do with demons or Old Gods (not yet anyways), we're just sick of his shit.
    You don't know that he isn't corrupted.