Thread: Hacked Redeem

Deleted

Hacked Redeem

In my realm EU-A-Auchindoun Many Scamers selling Hacked/Fake Redeem Codes for the new Mount's and Pet.
    What is going on with this? i speak with one GM and He/She told me they will investigate the player etc.
    is Blizzard got big security hole ? am i gona see my Privet Information Published to the internet?
    I'm paying 13Euros/Month for Security & Support and i'm sure the Free 2 Play game are more Secure and better Supported Games.
    Pluss i get banned last week coz i was reported for BoTing coz i was online for near 48 Hours... and i was play the hole time! and they Ban me when i was doing Dungeon! (I know my ban is off topic) but Blizzard have Problems with Security and we are unprotected

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thannos View Post
    In my realm EU-A-Auchindoun Many Scamers selling Hacked/Fake Redeem Codes for the new Mount's and Pet.
    What is going on with this? i speak with one GM and He/She told me they will investigate the player etc.
    is Blizzard got big security hole ? am i gona see my Privet Information Published to the internet?
    I'm paying 13Euros/Month for Security & Support and i'm sure the Free 2 Play game are more Secure and better Supported Games.
    Pluss i get banned last week coz i was reported for BoTing coz i was online for near 48 Hours... and i was play the hole time! and they Ban me when i was doing Dungeon! (I know my ban is off topic) but Blizzard have Problems with Security and we are unprotected

Can someone translate this please?

Deleted
    There Fake codes, nothing more. They will mostly just take your gold if your stupid enough to fall for it and Be gone. Blizzard also Shoot first, Questions later in terms of bots/Hackers/Scammers. This Keeps Outbreaks of duped Items/gold Off the market as much a possible. If you Get banned a quick call to customer Support will get it lifted in 10 mins. I knew a guy who got banned once when my guild was doing Heroic DS Progression cause he spent 10 hours in Ironforge fishing up Ironjaw and people thought he was a bot.

Selling any out of game items for in-game currency or in-game trades is against the terms of use.
    Therefore it is either someone simply naive/unaware or a scam.

A store mount code does not exist in-game.

DO NOT buy anything for gold or other in-game trades that is not actually in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EverianKalim View Post
    There Fake codes, nothing more. They will mostly just take your gold if your stupid enough to fall for it and Be gone. Blizzard also Shoot first, Questions later in terms of bots/Hackers/Scammers. This Keeps Outbreaks of duped Items/gold Off the market as much a possible. If you Get banned a quick call to customer Support will get it lifted in 10 mins. I knew a guy who got banned once when my guild was doing Heroic DS Progression cause he spent 10 hours in Ironforge fishing up Ironjaw and people thought he was a bot.
    No they are real codes, alot of 'hackers' got them.
    They even give the code before you pay them and they DO work.
    But blizzard isn't dumb and removes the mount right away because they didn't see any pay order on your account for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thannos View Post
    Security hole? No.
    It's not Blizzards responsibility to stop you from giving your details to random people you met in Trade. That's what your brain is for.

Scammers buy codes with stolen credit cards, or even their own with a sell-back thing on. They give the codes, collect your gold, and then ask for their money back. You get your item taken from you, they keep the gold and their RL money.

It's an old scam, and people still fall for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    No they are real codes, alot of 'hackers' got them.
    They even give the code before you pay them and they DO work.
    But blizzard isn't dumb and removes the mount right away because they didn't see any pay order on your account for it.
    If a code was never meant to be used by anyone but the original purchaser then why would there be any codes at all, and not simply linked directly to the account upon purchase.

The selling of codes for gold is likely a scam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If a code was never meant to be used by anyone but the original purchaser then why would there be any codes at all, and not simply linked directly to the account upon purchase.

The selling of codes for gold is likely a scam.
    Codes are real.
    But what the other guy said, might be more true, since i don't scam i don't know how it complete works, but you will get the code, but at the end the mount will be gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Codes are real.
    But what the other guy said, might be more true, since i don't scam i don't know how it complete works, but you will get the code, but at the end the mount will be gone.
    I am not saying the codes cannot ever be real, but the purchase being made by someone else means nothing.
    Friends can buy mounts and give them to someone else, this website runs giveaways of the store mounts, as do others.
    Those would be given as those codes, and being legitimate ones purchased on an account unrelated to the one on which the mount is redeemed.

it is just an old scam. Treelife nailed it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Can someone translate this please?
    Try reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems as if everything that needs to be said about this has largely been said. Buying codes for pets and mounts from other players in-game is a violation of the rules and anyone attempting to sell said codes should be immediately reported. It's not 100% up to Blizzard to keep your account secure if you insist on violating the rules by buying gold or other items.

Closing this.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."