Death Knight vs Paladin - One Man Army

So looking at the changes to the Paladin class, I can honestly say I it seems like a completely new class and it wasn't too long back that it was my main.

However, the Death Knight has been my main this expansion and it has its highs and lows.

However, have been wondering how good are Paladins compared to Death Knights - tanking, DPS and soloing.

Could an equally geared Paladin solo warbringers, old world raids as good as a Death Knight?

Are Paladins better in PVP with their QOL improvements compared to Death Knights?

Deleted
    Paladins are better raid tanks in every way (my opinion)
    Dks are better at soloing, pvp and old content.

Deleted
    You probably could solo warbringers with some lfr gear as protection but I have no experience of it.
    I've had alot fun soloing old vanilla and tbc raids, even naxx 25 from wotlk as retribution.
    Haven't played pvp at all but damage seems pretty low compared to other classes but offhealing is good.

palas are much better at tanking
    as dps both are about the same, pala maybe easier than UH.
    in pvp paladin is weaker (retri palas defence is very bad) and dk burst is very good

ofc dk is better in soloing but 80 raids are no problem for paladins (most of them)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Paladins are better raid tanks in every way (my opinion)
    Dks are better at soloing, pvp and old content.
    If your dk is a one man army at solo pvp, then my monk at pvp is Chuck Norris riding on a Tyrannosaurus Rex who shoots laser beams from its eyes.

I honestly have both and my ww monk is parsecs better than my dk which has now been shelved and I also never a lost a fight with a dk of any spec. Only things that get me on my ww is BM huntard and very good mage, where as on my dk played as frost as unholy, I would lose to more classes.

Rets are really bad at pvp once you encounter ppl who know they must lock you down when you pop wings.

I would advise the OP to consider dk if he must really choose between ret and dk.
    Last edited by mmoc7f02ba85a4; 2013-06-15 at 08:16 PM.

Deleted
    Play whatever you like.

I dont realy know about PvE lately what is best but when it comes to PvP. DK's are a little better Both tanking and DPSing. that said Paladins are not useless so if you like the paladin play style you can easy play with that. I met a bit of Ret paladins in RBG's lately I play around 1900 rateing. But agien DK's are just a little better atm

But every patch changes things so realy jsut stick with the play style you perf

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 10:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    If your dk is a one man army at solo pvp, then my monk at pvp is Chuck Norris riding on a Tyrannosaurus Rex who shoots laser beams from its eyes.
    Made me LOL hard but it is so true

Deleted
    At PvE at the moment paladin completly owns DKs
    At PvP DK is better... not by a large margin but better

I have both

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    As Mione put it herself, part of the reason DKs are still dominate is that she plays them and her gear is always at the cutting edge of what she needs to keep pushing the boundaries.
    Mione really said this? Maybe Mione should refrain from buying herself some new hats for a while or else she may find them a little too big in the near future...

Why do you think Mionelol is a chick? He's said otherwise numerous times. Creepy brony.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Why do you think Mionelol is a chick? He's said otherwise numerous times. Creepy brony.
    I don't think there is ANY famous player who is actually a girl. Well famous for skill, any way.

In before feminist bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's stay on topic, please.

Paladins are good at everything atm

PVE they are great healers in raids and the best tanks.
    PVP they are amazing healers in arenas / RBGs and always in demand.
    PVE dps ret is the best its every been
    PVP ret is a juggernaut on the battlefield atm and only getting better with 5.4. Great burst, awsome mobility,crazy offheals and a 6 sec stun every 30,-- How are ya.