Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rune of Re-Origination is going to last into next expansion

There's no way this thing still isnt BiS for WW pve dps in the first raid tier of the next xpac..Why the hell did Blizzard make a trinket to end all trinkets? I don't understand. if you dont have this you may as well quit raiding.

You mean like all casters are still running around with Dragonwrath?

10+ Year Old Account
    It won't be BiS if they break it. A simple "Will not work over equipped ilvl 550" or such would suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Safetytorch View Post
    There's no way this thing still isnt BiS for WW pve dps in the first raid tier of the next xpac..Why the hell did Blizzard make a trinket to end all trinkets? I don't understand. if you dont have this you may as well quit raiding.
    I love when people address their own concerns. Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You mean like all casters are still running around with Dragonwrath?
    yup and does the OP also think the legendary meta gems will be BiS for next x-pac as well? blizz will just make it so they have like a 0.0001 rppm for lvl 95's, because 30% spell haste with a 40% uptime is BiS forever...so blizz will break it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    It won't be BiS if they break it. A simple "Will not work over equipped ilvl 550" or such would suffice.
    That'll just have people sitting at 549 + RoR until [higher ilvl] starts out-performing it again

More likely they'll fix it so TeB updates dynamically with mastery, not snapshots. Otherwise they'll just be setting themselves up for the same thing all over again if there's any other mastery proc trinket.

Or, and I hope they don't do this but probably will, it'll be BiS until end of this expac and they'll reduce proc chance if you're over level 90, pretty sure they've done that sort of thing in the past.
    Last edited by Sparkidy; 2013-06-16 at 10:03 PM.

Deleted
    Blizzard tend to nerf/break items that are performing too well outside of the tier they drop in, the tier bonuses that are too good/required get changed all the time.

It's kind of sad in a way because without RoO windwalkers are seriously bottom of the barrel dps, maybe they'll look into that at the same time.
    Last edited by mmocee72ac48eb; 2013-06-16 at 11:42 PM.

They'll do the same thing they did with DS trinkets at the beginning of this expansion. It's an extremely easy thing to fix.

They'll just drastically reduce the proc of the trinkets like they've done every expansion.

For each level you gain over 90, the proc rate will go down - reducing it to some ridiculous low values for it to be useful. It's nothing complicated as the tech already exists.

As for the trinket to be good next tier, it will be. Just look at the past and the usefullness of Shard of Woe for almost all casters in Firelands, and Arcane even in Dragon Soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chances are, RoO will work into next patch, maybe with minor nerfs (50% of secondary stats rather then 100%, with 10% of secondary stats going away)

Generally, when blizz has a really good trinket for 1/a few specs for the second to last tier, they tend not to mess with it too much. (For instance, Sinestra Trinket was BiS for Arcane all the way to the end of Cata.)

If, say, ALL agi dps continued to use RoRO, then there would def be a few nerfs. However, if only 1-3 specs continued to use it, then itll probably be untouched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    People keep mentioning the Sinestra Trinket...yet very few people actually had it. With Rune...everyone who wants it will have it, at least the LFR version. Think that changes the argument slightly.

as some people stated before, the main problem is not to know if it will last till next xpac (pretty sure it will not) but more : how the hell WW gonna keep being competitive without this trinket if it get nerfed and nothing changes in our gameplay ?

I sure as hell hope they nerf RoRO, and balance our dps without it, because frankly, I hate our gameplay this tier, full RNG, whereas we had nice and linear dps in the first tier and it was a blast. RNG sucks, I quit playing ret because of it, and I don't want it for my WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Safetytorch View Post
    You must be new here. There have been literally dozens of trinkets/weapons like this, misinformed people like you always say the same thing and EVERY time they nerf it some how that you HAVE to get a new weapon/trinket. 5.4 will most likely see its proc rate destroyed beyond a certain ilvl or outside of Throne of Thunder.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Frankly I don't care if RoR gets nerfed and WW DPS goes to the bottom. Already got a warlock and rogue ready to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeming how I've been stuck with a 2h the entire tier (yay loot luck rng ftw) I could care less about RoRo. I have an LFR one, I do significantly better with a haste build and the Bloodlust Talisman. RoRo is strictly for DWing, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Frankly I don't care if RoR gets nerfed and WW DPS goes to the bottom. Already got a warlock and rogue ready to go.
    how incredibly short-sighted of you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

You guys are completely leaving out an option that Blizzard might introduce a trinket that is on the same scale of craziness in terms of DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    You guys are completely leaving out an option that Blizzard might introduce a trinket that is on the same scale of craziness in terms of DPS.
    Why would they? I'm 100% sure the balance team knows that making a spec rely on a single item is bad game design 101. Doing that twice? I would retire my monk because they've proven they have no idea what they're doing.