Deleted

Is This Laptop Decent for the Price?

Hey MMO-C

I'm planning on getting a laptop just to use on the side of my main PC... So that i can take it on holiday,trips etc... I'd like it to be able to run Battlefield 3/WoW/Minecraft pretty smoothly. And it needs to be viable for video editing using Sony Vegas + Fraps to record. I have no doubts that this laptop could, but has anyone got any advice on whether its good value for money or is there much better out there? Price range is 500-850ish pounds.

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dells...=dhs&cs=ukdhs1

Thanks in advance

Vand

Edit: I was planning on getting the laptop with all the default hardware in the link, if there are any of the upgrades there that i need let me know

Overpriced for what you're getting to be honest. You could get the Inspiron 17R Special Edition with the same processor, graphics card, same amount of RAM, with a larger, higher resolution screen for ~120 pounds cheaper.

That being said, just wait a little bit until Dell refreshes their laptops with Haswell stuff. Shouldn't be too long.

Alienware seems to be overpriced for what you actually get

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be silly to get an M14x, alienware released their new laptop series and the old ones (like the m14x) wont get Haswell or 7 series GPU. Check alienware.com