Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really, as long as they leave the older models as options while customizing, I don't see much of a problem.

Just don't hurt my Fem Taurs! Maybe make them look a little stronger...not bulky strong like the M, but obviously stronger than all the other fem. They are Minotaurs after all. Overall though, most balanced F structure.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I remember the 3rd EverQuest expansion updated the player character models.

People were pissed.
    To be fair SOE changed their models entirely. Trolls didn't even look like the same concept design before and after SoL was released.

However, SOE did also have the option in the interface menu to turn them on/off on a model by model basis, which was a relief on low end systems and also for some players preferring the lower res models for some races.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I remember the 3rd EverQuest expansion updated the player character models.

People were pissed.

People hate change. And people are very attached to their characters. You can pretty much connect the dots yourself.

I think Blizzard will probably do a better job with the WoW models but to pretend there isn't any room for failure seems a bit silly. I mean they still get hate for the current female Worgen model.
    Which is why they've stated when they introduce the new models, there will probably be an option to switch between using the old models or the new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I just want female blood elves to get their weapon resized. It is painful when you see a gnome with a one hand weapon that is bigger than your two handed.Also, make forsaken spine not visible through the cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    upgrading the poly count to make them look less blocky
    Yeah that would be great! The current undead model is horrible blocky.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    That's my favorite one. I really hope they do a good job with the female orc model, or my shaman will be very sad.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    That's my favorite one. I really hope they do a good job with the female orc model, or my shaman will be very sad.
    Lol how can you even judge based on that

I see a shield, shoulder pads, boobs and an axe.

Most of the art posted in this thread is just art, and can hardly be used to judge a new model off of.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Any of them could go wrong, let's be realistic. Honestly at this point the old ones are so out of date that it would be hard for them to make them worse, though.

I'd be interested in finding out what irl gender these players are regarding female characters looking "too sexy" or whatever because personally, as a female player, I actually like the way Sylvanas/Tyrande/Alexstraza look. Wow is pretty tame in the sex appeal department, and I would prefer to have somewhat attractive looking character options rather than having a choice between playing a female human with hips that are 200% the size of her legs or an overweight pandaren/female dwarf. :P
    I think the BE model is a little too thin. They could serve to look more like the night elves, if anything. Kind of looks ridiculous that they can swing a sword around that's as tall as they are when they have no weight on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    Yeah that would be great! The current undead model is horrible blocky.

i think male human is more blocky.

im most worried about orc males (less so after seeing new Garrosh) and undead female and nightelf female as they are basically the only races i play. i really like the current undead female model so i hope it stays similar just better looking.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Nillah View Post
    I think the BE model is a little too thin. They could serve to look more like the night elves, if anything. Kind of looks ridiculous that they can swing a sword around that's as tall as they are when they have no weight on them.
    I agree actually, female blood elves need a good 10-15 on their frame. I like the Alexstraza/Ysera model because they appear somewhat heavier although they are a blood elf reskin.

Might be the armor they're wearing, though...I'd have to look.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if any will come out wrong, I suppose it is possible. However Blizz has stressed that is one of the reasons they weren't just jumping into character overhauls. They still want it to feel like your character.

I personally am the most worried about Night Elves and Blood Elves. I hope they keep their differences. I know the Allies want High Elves, but I don't want to run into a Nelf with the same model as me, just purple. They need to leave the details that make each race unique in the game, just update them.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's always going to be one model that people will hate the most, in general. But as a whole I don't think that any model will come out wrong since it's such a big addition to the game, this will make them nearly perfect them before releasing them. Even moreso with how critical the WoW community is nowadays.

Deleted
    Probably Night Elf. They're supposed to be sporty, fit and athletic tho i agree some of the proportions are a bit silly with the current model.

[NSFW bikini] While the male Blood Elfs look like this and females like this Night Elfs should be more like this and this.

Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    Probably Night Elf. They're supposed to be sporty, fit and athletic tho i agree some of the proportions are a bit silly with the current model.

[NSFW bikini] While the male Blood Elfs look like this and females like this Night Elfs should be more like this and this.

Female night elves should be a bit more toned than that, and the males should be a slight bit less muscular. They are more a mix of lean+muscular.

Deleted
    Female night elves should be a bit more toned than that, and the males should be a slight bit less muscular. They are more a mix of lean+muscular.
    Yeah, i had a hard time finding a picture with just the right amount of toning of muscles, i either get very slim or bodybuilded overmuscled :|
    But overall yes, nelfs are jungle/amazon type elfs while belfs are city people

I have high expectations for Gnome success and the only thing im not to sure about is female human and female orc. But what am I basing that on? Just a hunch, so prove us wrong blizz.

If anyone will be using the Sylvanas / Alexstrasza / Ysera body model those will be the Blood elf females, not the night elves lol.

As for the model update that could go wrong. Dwarf female by far.

Deleted
    Fangs needed for night elf females though please

Meh, I think draenei females are just bad at the moment, really. Their tails are just stupid in comparison to what they could and should be, and they have cutesy copycat blood elf faces. Really, the only way they could make draenei look worse is by pulling a worgen on them.
    That part was a joke. Still, I don't think female draenei are that bad as you say. They could have longer tails though.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I never said the current night elf model is chunky? I don't think you really read through what I was saying in regards to other posts. And you are suggesting extremes; just because I suggested that I would like more of a lithe look to night elves while still being athletic/powerful looking, doesn't mean I want the current blood elf model for night elves. I don't even like the current blood elf model so I would never suggest that.
    Ok, I understood wrong then. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by chocho View Post
    Not to disturb the peace here about draenei tail issue but.... wouldnt a long thin tail look even more wierd ?? perhaps like a chihuahua tail :S or something of a kind.
    They really need to be careful designing tails lol.
    It would look like a giant worm... if you know what I mean *wink* *wink*

No, but seriously, if they put a ring on it it and make it have some "natural armor" like the male tail it would look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The only thing I'm concerned about with the new models with ANY race, is blizzard not testing it enough, and having clipping issues with armor on them that wasn't there before with the vanilla ones.

Clipping on armor is one of the things I hate most. Take troll males for example and there capes. Trolls literally can nto wear capes with anything on there backs, because it clips though the cape and looks stupid.

Certain shoulder pats on orcs do this too, since vanilla, i've hated how my orc can't wear his cyclone shoulders because the back peice cuts into his back.

alliance have it the same, even now with worgen, 2hand swords and staves on them it clips though there capes and some of there shoulders.

If you want to have a race that has a hunch, fine, but at least work around the clipping issue with that race and prevent it from having clipping later on in future armor sets.
    Agreed. To add something, long ears clipping should be fixed somehow. Seriously, I remember when I first rolled my night elf warrior and found out transmog appeared I was thrilled to get to wear a nice huge shield since it looked awesome when you had one in hand... except my ears clipped through it, and no matter how much I tried to ignore the issue, it ended annoying me too much. The ears weren't even clipping symetrically through the shield dammit! At least I remember some Ulduar shield with a face on it where although my ears clipped through, it made the face on it look like it has horns, which actually made it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Shoulder clipping isn't exclusive to hunched characters. My NE used to stab himself quite often with almost every tier set they released. It went through his head. That's why I prefer my transmog slim fitted shoulders (that actually fit a hunter stalking pre in a forest).

I think it's my NE that will clip cloaks through his feet when walking but I could be wrong. Haven't had cloak turned on in Pandaria (it's not cold enough for cloaks in most zones, after all).
    Ah yes, in battle poses larger shoulders clipping through your face... I remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post

I think female night elves look more like this now and they should remain as such:
    http://fighterdiet.com/blog/wp-conte...6/img_7946.jpg
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-583sChwe6D...-chicks-15.jpg
    http://keleefitness.com/wp-content/u...ymtraining.jpg
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2013-06-16 at 11:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    most worried about undead, I can't picture what I want from a new undead model, have absolutely no idea how I would want them to look, and that's a problem, because if I don't know what I want, how can I know what I'll be happy with, we'll just have to see.
    I definetly want the bones away. Can't stand having a model ruined by bones sticking out and actually ruining the armor. There's lots of ways to make a zombie work.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    yes, as i said i couldn't find a picture, but i also don't think they need to be too muscular, something inbetween.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm mostly worried about the forsaken models, as that's my most played race. But I still think I will be positively surprised.