Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    i made some people hs the other day on my shammy, was questing and got bored, so i linked the reins from wowhead into the general chat there screaming how i got the TLPD, at first people were skeptical, so i showed them the TLPD i got years ago telling them i just got it now, like 3 people Hearthstone / logged out because they didn't think it would be spawned again now for a while :P

i do this everytime in im storm peaks :\

ive actually seen the drake twice now, first time i killed it while questing on my rogue, second time i saw it mining on my mage but let someone else have it.
    I have done something similar to this.
    Enter Storm Peaks and say "Vyragosa tagged and killed at [insert Random time] by me. Estimate spawn time will be in about 4 hours. Just letting you know."
    I had Skinning at that time so i told them that i skinned corpse that is why it disappeared.

Kinda a A-hole move to make but i spent over a year camping it and i wouldnt let some newbie take my glory (^^_)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drfireburns View Post
    I gave up on this thing. Every time I found it I arrived 1-2 seconds too late and someone of the same faction was always killing it, so I could never gank them or anything.
    i gave up after the one time i took a flightpath to ulduar the thing was flying right infront of me and i could do nothing to dismount the fp, needles to say i lost it to someone else by the time i got off the flightpath... never taking one again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    i gave up after the one time i took a flightpath to ulduar the thing was flying right infront of me and i could do nothing to dismount the fp, needles to say i lost it to someone else by the time i got off the flightpath... never taking one again
    I flew by one...but unfortunately, CRZ kicked in when I landed. He did not get killed, but simply wasn't there anymore.

OMG I JUST KILLED HIM

but hes on the ledge i cant loot him

what i do??????

EDIT: NVM

I managed to loot him

I am now a proud owner of TLPD
    Last edited by pkm; 2013-06-21 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    OMG I JUST KILLED HIM

but hes on the ledge i cant loot him

what i do??????

EDIT: NVM

I managed to loot him

I am now a proud owner of TLPD
    Congratulations, now get Aeonaxx.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Seems to be alot more competition for Aeonaxx !

Just to clarify the spawn timer is 4 hours not 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loucy View Post
    The spawn time is pretty much gone,I 've seen Vyras between 3 hrs and TLPD Resource says its been as little has 45 minutes between spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Loucy View Post
    LOUCY! <3

hi

Deleted
    Damn it, I forgot this mount existed. That's the next few months of my life gone :C

Just find out the spawn points and fly from one to the other, rise and repeat until rain turns to snow and you grow a beard.

Just a tip, since cataclysm timers have changed.

I dunno the maximum time but the minimum changed to 45 minutes , down from 6 hours.

So, I don't even want this mount. I doubt I'll ever use it, outside of working towards 200 mounts achiv.

But.

I was on my DK alt going to do to the white polar bear daily yesterday and literally flew into TLPD. It was ~100 yards up, but was approaching a village where I could kinda land and tag it. I flew alongside anxiously, until within a few yards where I could dismount and tag. Then, boom, warrior heroic throw's and then heroic leaps onto the ground to safety and finished it off. I killed the shit out of him, but I've been so mad (at myself for not just suicide tagging) ever since.

I didn't even want this mount, but since this happened, I'm now determined to get it somehow. Just wanted to share with you all to make you feel better, since close calls like that probably NEVER happen, and I messed my opportunity up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    So, I don't even want this mount. I doubt I'll ever use it, outside of working towards 200 mounts achiv.

But.

I was on my DK alt going to do to the white polar bear daily yesterday and literally flew into TLPD. It was ~100 yards up, but was approaching a village where I could kinda land and tag it. I flew alongside anxiously, until within a few yards where I could dismount and tag. Then, boom, warrior heroic throw's and then heroic leaps onto the ground to safety and finished it off. I killed the shit out of him, but I've been so mad (at myself for not just suicide tagging) ever since.

I didn't even want this mount, but since this happened, I'm now determined to get it somehow. Just wanted to share with you all to make you feel better, since close calls like that probably NEVER happen, and I messed my opportunity up!
    You'd be surprised that those close calls happen a lot... Personally I am not joking, I had exactly 5 of them so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    You'd be surprised that those close calls happen a lot... Personally I am not joking, I had exactly 5 of them so far.
    Yep been reading a lot of peoples experiences on it and alot of missed opportunity's. When i bagged mine tho i didnt have to worry, dismount > tag > slowfall.

Ofcourse if i wasnt a mage i still would of done the same thing and fell to my death to kill it !

If you are really serious about camping TLPD I will give you the best advise.

Go level a toon on the server "The Venture Co." It's a low population non crz rppvp server.

I leveled a DK there to 86, I found both aeonaxx and the good camel figurine within 7 days of hardcore camping at 86. I also got posiedus just casually checking every now and then.

5 times now.. that I have seen it being killed or looted.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Did both TLPD and Aeonaxx within 3 weeks of each other, pre-CRZ and pre-MoP. Needless to say, my guildies hated me. And both times were mostly either a bored "Let's go see" or "I need to harvest XXXX, let's go there and see if he shows up.". Both times, wasn't there more than 30min.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

I thought this mount was removed in Cata? I might have to start hunting again.

Quote Originally Posted by chapley View Post
    I thought this mount was removed in Cata? I might have to start hunting again.
    Odd, never heard of anything like that. Must be confused with other mounts cause there are some that get removed but not this one.

Deleted
    There are some servers without crz, one of them is Aggra (Português) in EU, luckily I transfered a character there when it was free, found my time lost proto drake within 5 minutes of camping, obviously I was at the right place at the right time and it won't be that easy for everyone but not having crz does help alot.