Thread: Ionization ...

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ionization ...

Is the 2nd hardest and unforgiving boss mechanic in this game; first being the extra action button on Ultraxion. These are facts.

if you say so.

10+ Year Old Account
    was expecting a thread about pulling electrons off atoms

was disappoint

I iceblock it

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gem for full stamina
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    was expecting a thread about pulling electrons off atoms

was disappoint
    i was expecting the same

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I iceblock it
    Inevitably on progression on this boss someone Iceblocks a quarter second too late because they're too retarded to add /stopcasting to their immunity macro.

Deterrence is a god send on this fight. Being able to ignore an entire mechanic in a fight gives me less of a chance of looking like a total huntard. I think that's a good deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

15+ Year Old Account
    The way we do it, healers dispel themselves first, then they dispell whoever calls out for it.

Only dispel people who do not have the debuff rather than they're just outside the pool because sometimes the graphic isn't correct

10+ Year Old Account
    doing nothing is hard, yo.

..we ignore it and run out 3 seconds before it ends so it expires by itself
    Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Just wait for Tirion Fordring to come back from ICC singing "I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one".
    Armoury

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaine View Post
    The way we do it, healers dispel themselves first, then they dispell whoever calls out for it.

Only dispel people who do not have the debuff rather than they're just outside the pool because sometimes the graphic isn't correct
    Yeah that will happen if your graphics quality is toned down...

As we're moving into farm mode, I think Ionization is the mechanic most likely to cause us to wipe. It's one of this few mechanics where someone derping can just wreck the entire raid.

You have 30 seconds to watch the debuff tick down and make sure you are not in the puddle when it goes off. Stop being a nooblette.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exac View Post
    Inevitably on progression on this boss someone Iceblocks a quarter second too late because they're too retarded to add /stopcasting to their immunity macro.
    It's not so much /stopcasting as IB is on the GCD.

Deleted
    I just Anti-magic shell it!

But before it hits, so DKs should never ever get the debuff.

Deleted
    the ultraxion button was hard? I use to play chicken with it the closest I could get to 0 without it going wrong was 0.2

Quote Originally Posted by monkfish View Post
    doing nothing is hard, yo.

..we ignore it and run out 3 seconds before it ends so it expires by itself
    All at once? Wouldn't that be like major heals inc and possibly wipe anyway if not topped up..

You use a cooldown, obviously. Devotion Aura followed up with a Tranquility or Healing Tide Totem. It's really not a big deal unless your raid can't dodge the following lightning orbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    All at once? Wouldn't that be like major heals inc and possibly wipe anyway if not topped up..
    well, its probably like 1/2 of the raid or so (25man).. a bunch of people immune before it comes and the healers do dispell themselves early.. never had issues with any1 dying due to not being healed before the lightning storm starts though
    Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Just wait for Tirion Fordring to come back from ICC singing "I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one".
    Armoury

10+ Year Old Account
    As a dps Shaman I run out, call for inc heal and Dispell myself.