Thread: Ionization ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Jin'rokh took us more pulls than any other heroic boss atm. We are 6/13H, 25man. 73 wipes to first kill. Horridon was around 70, Tortos 30-ish, Megaera about 50, Ji-kun 60-ish and Iron Qon took 22 pulls only.
    Ionization was the reason for 90% of wipes.
    You are gonna have some problems with durumu and dark animus. For some odd reason it's HARD not to move with blue beam for some people or wrong wall goes down.

@OP If you have problem with same guy every ionization, why not have him stand outside the pool? It's not like enrage is problem on this fight anyway. I still wouldn't say it too unforgiving to give players 30 secs to move out of pool. Dispelling shouldn't be too hard either as long as they only dispel people who called it. Most annoying part about ionization is, when boss dies and people have the debuff on pool, it expires and kills everybody that's standing on the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    the ultraxion button was hard? I use to play chicken with it the closest I could get to 0 without it going wrong was 0.2
    I raided with someone who thought you had to do that. He died a lot.

He was also the lone survivor after a wipe and killed himself without casting Mass Res first because he was Sated.

AMS, cloak, deterrence, bubbles, iceblocks. Then healers dispell themselves and there's just a few left to deal with. Some classes can just leave it till the very end, like spriest on dispersion. Don't bang your head against the wall, just think how to avoid the debuffs rather than how to deal with dispelling them.

Deleted
    No that is definitely not the 2nd hardest mechanic in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    You are gonna have some problems with durumu and dark animus. For some odd reason it's HARD not to move with blue beam for some people or wrong wall goes down.
    Could be, could be. Well, the main cause for Ionization wipes was somebody using their immunity half a second too late and blowing up the raid.

Deleted
    I smell sarcasm in the original post. Something tells me there were people in his raid unable to grasp the concept :P

Toughest world boss is Sarcasm, it seems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    Toughest world boss is Sarcasm, it seems.
    Do not forget Irony, pretty strong one !

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It's not so much /stopcasting as IB is on the GCD.
    On the first ionization I usually pull IB five seconds before he actually casts it, because you have to reset the CD while being in the IB, otherwise you will have no IB on the third puddle. On top of this I logged myself on place 75 that time (got moved down because people started to get better gear).

What I want to say: Some seconds definitely don't matter here. Just play safe and you're alright

10+ Year Old Account
    ...What? That part was easy... it was the suckers running around like headless chickens in the lightning that caught us more off guard the first couple of tries.

Ionization was the boring joke of the fight...
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    ....Monk passes here

....Diffuse Magic....

Monk flies away....

PS: I can even remove my buff within the pool and will not die because of the 90% reduced spell dmg i have. Then i pretend it wasnt me who wiped the whole raid,and as a proof i show myself far away the pool Though the recount and skada track it down then the leader gets mad and trololololololo xD
    Last edited by mmoc811738e421; 2013-06-18 at 06:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Is the 2nd hardest and unforgiving boss mechanic in this game; first being the extra action button on Ultraxion. These are facts.
    Dispersion says what?

And Ultraxion LOL!

What really grinds my gears is the shield dog on Iron Qon - as a ranged. That's extremely difficult - if you're aiming for the achievement, all the while needing to deeps.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    was expecting a thread about pulling electrons off atoms

was disappoint
    Likewise, came straight from the front page =(

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a retard check, nothing more.

We just let the healers dispell themselves immediately and the rest run out when there's about 3 secs left and let it expire. Those who can make themselves immune to the debuff ignores the mechanic completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    was expecting a thread about pulling electrons off atoms

was disappoint
    same here! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    same here! lol
    It's weird. Seeing as this is a World of Warcraft related website and Ionization is a boss ability in said game, I was fully expecting this thread to be about what it is about! lol

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    I smell sarcasm in the original post. Something tells me there were people in his raid unable to grasp the concept :P
    Congratulations my friend

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by briktal View Post
    I raided with someone who thought you had to do that. He died a lot.

He was also the lone survivor after a wipe and killed himself without casting Mass Res first because he was Sated.
    You could have theoretically one tanked the fight if your tank used the button as close as possible to the debuff expiring to get back out and taunt it in time before he swung at someone else, but it never happened in practice.