Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How do you get past the bug of 2nd phase on twin consorts heroic?

So, we've encountered a bug today during our progression on twin consorts hc - sometimes meteor just won't spawn on time and we find ourselves with no meteor during molten inferno. This happens on about 50% of attempts which highly disturbs our learning curve when we are just praying to rng gods to enable us to go further. Do you have any tactic to somehow get past it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Use the tiger when p2 starts.

It's actually totally possible to just cooldown through an Inferno, especially on 25m where more raid CDs in general are available. But yeah, that's obviously not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    It's actually totally possible to just cooldown through an Inferno, especially on 25m where more raid CDs in general are available. But yeah, that's obviously not ideal.
    It's not healing through the infernos that presents the biggest problem, it's the fact that you simply fall behind in the boss' stacks because you have one more Comet's worth of stacks.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2013-06-16 at 09:57 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    It's not healing through the infernos that presents the biggest problem, it's the fact that you simply fall behind in the boss' stacks because you have one more Comet's worth of stacks.
    If you fall behind on stacks youre doing it wrong. We have plenty of times, even when there is no 2nd meteor at start of phase, where we have just 0 stacks on boss.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You will never fall behind on stacks regardless of whether or not you get two at the start.

Two ways to deal with it. Brute force it with massive CDs (harder to do on 10 man) or use one of the Xuen at the start of the phase. I suppose you could always use the green dragon with CDs as well to get through it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphenz View Post
    If you fall behind on stacks youre doing it wrong. We have plenty of times, even when there is no 2nd meteor at start of phase, where we have just 0 stacks on boss.
    You will be able to get it back to 0 but your healers will have to deal with high stacks before during and after the inferno until you can catch up.

As long as stacks are low on the boss....stack up the raid and you should be able to heal through it. Tanks will have to make sure they make the most of the next few comets to compensate for the non spawned one.

Deleted
    We just heal the first always. Save tiger for waves.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    We just heal the first always. Save tiger for waves.
    Why? The Celestials reset on Dusk Phase... you can use them again. Just use tiger at the start of P2 and heal through it.

I don't know why people don't use xuen FOR the inferno. It reduces the number of ticks from 10 to 4 with ~3 seconds between each. Use a cooldown such as barrier or bomb. If there is a comet, you don't even need a cooldown then.

If you want to do this strat, just eat the first comet, mark a player just in case and get your drawer to pop it right as inferno is about to start.

10+ Year Old Account
    We were having this problem last night too. On all attempts except one we only ever had 1 comet spawn.

Everyone just prepares for this and heals through it?

10+ Year Old Account
    We do our P1-P2 celestial rotation like this to deal with it:

(Time = time of entering the spirit realm)
    0:00: Cranes
    2:00-2:30ish: Serpent
    2:45-3:00ish: Tiger
    Whenever afterwards: Ox

This means that the tiger is up for the first inferno, and that stacks on the boss are easily at the 0-2 range.

The only other spot that the tiger can be used for in P1-P2 is to dodge a cosmic barrage and to keep Suen's tears of the sun up for longer, and I rate using it for an inferno as a much better investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    We do our P1-P2 celestial rotation like this to deal with it:

(Time = time of entering the spirit realm)
    0:00: Cranes
    2:00-2:30ish: Serpent
    2:45-3:00ish: Tiger
    Whenever afterwards: Ox

This means that the tiger is up for the first inferno, and that stacks on the boss are easily at the 0-2 range.

The only other spot that the tiger can be used for in P1-P2 is to dodge a cosmic barrage and to keep Suen's tears of the sun up for longer, and I rate using it for an inferno as a much better investment.
    The tiger placement is spot on, but there's no reason at all to use Cranes on Lu'lin, she's not the one you DPS down in Dusk phase so how low she is doesn't matter. Hero/lust and Cranes should happen at the very start of the day phase so that you can get Suen as low as possible before Dusk (which leads to fewer Tidal Forces). What I do is (making sure they ACTIVATE at these times):

Ox 1:30 (this is when Tears of the Sun and Cosmic Barrage line up, most common place for anyone to die in P1)
    Yu'lon 2:20 (get mana back, also 2:30 has a second Tears/Barrage combo, healing helps, has to be early enough to do Cranes and not waste time)
    Cranes/Hero 3:00 (hit the final node on the draw the second Day phase starts, must activate this early to minimize time spent inactive in Day and be able to do Tiger before the first Inferno)
    Xuen: 3:30 (5 seconds before the first Inferno, which always has 10 stacks more than any other Inferno in the fight, this is mandatory)

And then in Dusk:

Xuen 6:20 (for first Tidal Force)
    Ox 7:10ish (for 2nd Tidal Force, timer may vary)
    Cranes 7:40 (as soon as possible after Ox to kill off Suen and damage Lu'lin)
    Yu'lon 8:10 (fight ending soon but gives last breath of healing and mana which allows all healers to DPS if necessary)

It wasn't always that clean, but after 3 heroic Twins kills we've got it down to a science, no reason to reinvent the wheel here.

@Totaltotemic

I really don't understand why you would waste time with Xuen in the Day phase. You don't really need it, and I've never used it in that phase. If you don't get the first comet, we just have everyone stack up in the center of the room and use some AoE CD's (Barrier, I AG since I can hit the boss). We always have Yu'lon on the first Inferno anyways, just in case that happens. Use Ox on the second inferno, then random CD's we have left for the 3rd one. I see no reason to even spend time using Ox/Yu'lon during the night phase, because there is no reason people should be dying at all as long as everyone is spread out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adurp View Post
    @Totaltotemic

I really don't understand why you would waste time with Xuen in the Day phase. You don't really need it, and I've never used it in that phase. If you don't get the first comet, we just have everyone stack up in the center of the room and use some AoE CD's (Barrier, I AG since I can hit the boss). We always have Yu'lon on the first Inferno anyways, just in case that happens. Use Ox on the second inferno, then random CD's we have left for the 3rd one. I see no reason to even spend time using Ox/Yu'lon during the night phase, because there is no reason people should be dying at all as long as everyone is spread out.
    Using Xuen in the start of P2 makes it so you always have 2 ice comets up, no matter what happends. This makes it very very easy to keep stacks down, even if someone would blow up a comet. She also only does 3 pulses with Xuen up in P2, so if no comet spawns you will pretty much never die. ALot more safer then burning everything for no reason what so ever.

I believe there is a (beneficial) bug with Xeun where if you time it right, the stacks build up slowly over the entire phase? Something to that effect.
    Last edited by fangless; 2013-06-17 at 03:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no bug, learn to use Xeun at the proper time and always have 2 meteors up the rest of the fight.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The tiger placement is spot on, but there's no reason at all to use Cranes on Lu'lin, she's not the one you DPS down in Dusk phase so how low she is doesn't matter. Hero/lust and Cranes should happen at the very start of the day phase so that you can get Suen as low as possible before Dusk (which leads to fewer Tidal Forces). What I do is (making sure they ACTIVATE at these times):

Ox 1:30 (this is when Tears of the Sun and Cosmic Barrage line up, most common place for anyone to die in P1)
    Yu'lon 2:20 (get mana back, also 2:30 has a second Tears/Barrage combo, healing helps, has to be early enough to do Cranes and not waste time)
    Cranes/Hero 3:00 (hit the final node on the draw the second Day phase starts, must activate this early to minimize time spent inactive in Day and be able to do Tiger before the first Inferno)
    Xuen: 3:30 (5 seconds before the first Inferno, which always has 10 stacks more than any other Inferno in the fight, this is mandatory)

And then in Dusk:

Xuen 6:20 (for first Tidal Force)
    Ox 7:10ish (for 2nd Tidal Force, timer may vary)
    Cranes 7:40 (as soon as possible after Ox to kill off Suen and damage Lu'lin)
    Yu'lon 8:10 (fight ending soon but gives last breath of healing and mana which allows all healers to DPS if necessary)

It wasn't always that clean, but after 3 heroic Twins kills we've got it down to a science, no reason to reinvent the wheel here.
    Is this for a 2 heal setup?

Edit: Just re-read some other posters. I think they clarified it for ya.

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV