Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Expel the corruption from Garrosh?
    But Garrosh CLEARLY isnt corrupted, Kosak said it!
    Lalalalalalala!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    I think Norushen funcacts like keeper for Y'Shaarj like others mentioned

Norushen seems like he has the power to purify any negative emotion within the host

perhaps Norushen IS the creation of the Mogu (since both raden and Norushen looks similar),maybe Norushen is Mogu's God

also gets me thinking maybe Mogu were actually affected by sha of pride and the purpose of Norushen was to purify the Pride of the Mogu. which might lead to why there hasnt been any sha of pride running around in pandaria since Norushen is guarding both sha of pride and Y'Shaarj's heart
    When the Titan fell in the battle with Y'shaarj his warriors, the Stone Mogu fell to all the emotions represented by the 7 Sha, including Pride, violence, anger, terror, ect. It wasn't until Lei Shen took the Heart of Ra'den that he instilled order back into Pandaria and the Mogu. Basically the Mogu took orders from Ra'den and Ra'den took orders from the Titan and when that Titan fell Ra'den and the Sha were released Ra'den lost heart and left the Mogu to their own devices, the Mogu got the curse of Flesh and were inflicted with all the nagative aspects of the Sha and without direction from above began their petty squabbles until Lei Shen put order to them after rick rolling a despondant Ra'den.

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Titans are a race. Thrall is an orc. Hodir, Thorim and Freyja are Titans. Norushen was created by a titan and is a construct.

Hodir, Thorim, and Freyja are Titan watchers, not actual Titans.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Expel the corruption from Garrosh?
    But Garrosh CLEARLY isnt corrupted, Kosak said it!
    Lalalalalalala!
    His powersource is a corrupted power source but that does not mean that Garrosh is corrupted. Deathwing was corrupted because the Old Gods convinced him to do illogical things, they pumped him up on his own superiority complex so he ran about thinking he was putting dragons on top with him on top of that pile when blowing up the planet only ensured there would be nothing left to rule over. This logic fail is corrupted insanity. Garrosh doesn't have a failure of logic here, what he is doing does not go against his goals.

I saw the exact same post on the EU story forums :P Are you the same guy? ^^

Either way very interesting. But it could also be Ra-den, some guy also posted in that thread and spoke of a theory which looks very likely too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Expel the corruption from Garrosh? But Garrosh CLEARLY isnt corrupted, Kosak said it!
    Garrosh didn't mean it. He's sorry. Please don't decapitate him.

meanwhile the final cinematic should be garrosh getting ned starked.
    Hi

I personally think Elune is an Old God and not a Titan. Most pantheons have a mixture of Good and Evil Gods, most have more good than evil (dragon lance requires a balance of good, neutral and evil) but I think Elune may of been one of the few if not sole 'Good' Old Gods.

In the book where Rhonin/Krasus/Brox go back in time Tyrande worships and trains at a temple that has a mural of Elune standing in a mural with several other dieties of which thier features are blurred or non-distinct to put the viewers attention on Elune. Which means that she is a diety among other Dieties.

Titans are not invested in the future of any one planet and the races upon it. Elune is very invested in several races and Azeroth.

It seems to me that she was not imprisoned because she was not a threat to the Titans order, and in fact she kind of reinforces their order by maintaining order against the agents of chaos while they are gone. It may also be a condition for not being imprisoned.

In Greek mythology the Titans were over thrown because the Gods of the Pantheon (children of the Titans) were joined by a few Titans to over throw Chronos's Titan forces. This would be a reversed version of the story, where the Titans over threw the gods because an Old God changed sides to help the Titans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    Spoiler for those who haven't got past the titan runestones or haven't heard the Wrathion PTR files.
    I dont think anyone who hasn't completed the legendary quest line should even be able to do the SoO raid (neither in regular or LFR) until they do complete it so they know the backstory and why they are about to raid Orgrimmar. Kind of like an attunement

Quote Originally Posted by Sre View Post
    Incorrect, http://www.wowpedia.org/The_Old_Gods...ing_of_Azeroth, with an in-game source explicitly states that Pre Titan Arrival, Azeroth was ruled by the old gods and the Elemental Lords.
    Hes right.

The Elementals were in an everlasting fight for dominance and the Titans came and banished them to another plane and imprisoned the old gods deep within the planet.

The most unintersting lore in the history of MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sre View Post
    Incorrect, http://www.wowpedia.org/The_Old_Gods...ing_of_Azeroth, with an in-game source explicitly states that Pre Titan Arrival, Azeroth was ruled by the old gods and the Elemental Lords.
    No, he is correct. Titan's came first, followed by the old god infection. This is why the did not reoriginate Azeroth when they came back, all of their Earthen and other creations were living there so they did not want to wipe them all out.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 11:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dahorst View Post
    Humans weren't a titan creation, they "evolved" from Vrykul which were created by the titans.
    Actually, they "devolved" from Vrykul. lol.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2013-06-18 at 03:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    This also puts into perspective as to why the mantid, kept attacking the lands beyond the Wall. Some of them (as proven by Klaxxi paragons) have been locked away in embers for countless eons and are probably aware of their former master's final resting place, which would also explain their presence in SoO.
    Just as a tip to you: get exalted with the Klaxxi and do the final quest chain. This will explain their presence in SoO. As to the attacking: this has nothing to do with the Klaxxi, just with the corrupted mantid empress (sha of fear).

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont think anyone who hasn't completed the legendary quest line should even be able to do the SoO raid (neither in regular or LFR) until they do complete it so they know the backstory and why they are about to raid Orgrimmar. Kind of like an attunement
    I hope you like 3 hour long queues, and why the hell would you want to keep everyones alts out of content? I have an alt that isn't complete with the 10power 10 will stones quest yet but I heal for 50k on Lei Shen fights. So I can't access the content? Hell no, and hell no to additional attunements. Attunements only worked for those who wanted to keep people out of sandboxes and sandboxes don't exactly match with LFR unless you actually like 3 hour long Queues.

Hell to the NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Ra'den is uncertain, there's no legitimate proof about him being a titan or a keeper. Same goes for Norushen.

The fact that people think they are keepers or watchers is due to the title that blizzard gives them. Ra'den, keeper of the storms - Could very well be the same as Ra'den wielder of the storms. Unless blizzard directly confirms or denies it, they both can be both a titan or a titan keeper.
    What about where it says he's a keeper without mentioning storms?

Dungeon jornal:
    Lei Shen's life changed forever when he stumbled into a dark chamber below what are now the Mogu'shan Vaults. Legend has it he found an ancient titan keeper guarding a miraculous device known as the Engine of Nalak'sha. No one knows what transpired between the two beings, but Lei Shen later emerged from the site bristling with the power to forge an empire. The keeper's fate -- and his current whereabouts -- remain a mystery.
    Wrathion during runestone quest:

Image of Wrathion whispers: The mogu served a Titan keeper. His name was "Ra." In the mogu tongue, "Ra-den" means "Master Ra." Fascinating! I must know more!
    Image of Wrathion whispers: This runestone is more recent than the others. Something about "the sleeping keeper." I think it's referring to Ra-den. But why was he asleep?
    Image of Wrathion whispers: Hmm, this runestone speaks of Mogu savagery. They fell apart into warrior clans. But one king was more ambitious than the others. Lei Shen, the Thunder King. When the Titan Keeper fell silent, Lei Shen decided to speak for him.

It seems pretty obvious, "WE HAVE FALLEN. WE MUST REBUILD THE FINAL TITAN. DO NOT FORGET." This means we need to get Sargeras' avatar going again. We get Sargeras back in his avatar as the Legion are all out assaulting Azaroth and kind of point him in the their direction and pray for the best. Hopefully one will destroy the other thus making the victor weak enough we can walk in and just clean up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I hope you like 3 hour long queues, and why the hell would you want to keep everyones alts out of content? I have an alt that isn't complete with the 10power 10 will stones quest yet but I heal for 50k on Lei Shen fights. So I can't access the content? Hell no, and hell no to additional attunements. Attunements only worked for those who wanted to keep people out of sandboxes and sandboxes don't exactly match with LFR unless you actually like 3 hour long Queues.

Hell to the NO!
    Id be fine with letting all your alts in as long as you completed the legendary questline with at least 1 toon. Make it account wide attunement

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Such term doesn't exist.

Id be fine with letting all your alts in as long as you completed the legendary questline with at least 1 toon. Make it account wide attunement
    Its a great model if you want to keep new players from experiencing content, "Thanks for buying wow, please feel free to do anything but the final portion of the storyline because it will be over beore you can see it. "

Is LFR really worth keeping people from seeing a boss you can't loose against?

Attunements are gone for a reason, they sucked for all but the top 1%. There is enough of a gate as it is, you have to progress through every LFR with required gear gating to get to the final gate.

When someone in the past needed to get attuned and asked for help it was a run on the exit button because no one wanted to spend time doing that painful attunement run and then when somone was attuned they got poached by another guild because it was better to poach attuned players than to attune them yourself.

Its one thing to put a castel/moat/dragon/chastity belt around a virgin princess and another thing entirely to protect the village harlot in the same mannor.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2013-06-18 at 04:15 PM.

You're contradicting yourself there. The Legendary quest does not give the backstory of SoO, so requiring it for the Raid would make no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Evolution has no direction. "Devolution", as a term, is nonsensical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xylev View Post
    Just as a tip to you: get exalted with the Klaxxi and do the final quest chain. This will explain their presence in SoO. As to the attacking: this has nothing to do with the Klaxxi, just with the corrupted mantid empress (sha of fear).
    Should really be pretty obvious why they are there. Though i'm kinda wondering what their purpose there is. Do they want the heart back? Are they following Garrosh?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I personally think Elune is an Old God and not a Titan. Most pantheons have a mixture of Good and Evil Gods, most have more good than evil (dragon lance requires a balance of good, neutral and evil) but I think Elune may of been one of the few if not sole 'Good' Old Gods.

In the book where Rhonin/Krasus/Brox go back in time Tyrande worships and trains at a temple that has a mural of Elune standing in a mural with several other dieties of which thier features are blurred or non-distinct to put the viewers attention on Elune. Which means that she is a diety among other Dieties.

Titans are not invested in the future of any one planet and the races upon it. Elune is very invested in several races and Azeroth.

It seems to me that she was not imprisoned because she was not a threat to the Titans order, and in fact she kind of reinforces their order by maintaining order against the agents of chaos while they are gone. It may also be a condition for not being imprisoned.

In Greek mythology the Titans were over thrown because the Gods of the Pantheon (children of the Titans) were joined by a few Titans to over throw Chronos's Titan forces. This would be a reversed version of the story, where the Titans over threw the gods because an Old God changed sides to help the Titans.
    As to Titans not being invested in the future of any one planet or its races, I'd say that Azeroth is still well above average on their radar, just not their only concern. Azeroth is where Old Gods exist and present a threat to an otherwise omnipotent race, aside from the Burning Legion. The Legion itself was also defeated here after at least the two main invasions I know of, 10,000 years ago and WC3. Perhaps most importantly of all, this is where Sargeras fell.

Unless you want to go full Mass Effect 3 and call this a repeating cycle that happens on every planet, Azeroth is at least somewhat special. I think a lot of people rightly expect Sargeras to be the final boss of WoW. So much build-up should eventually result in fighting him. Sure, they've said they can create more lore, just as Pandaria was kind of made out of nothing (and worked much better than I thought it would), but they also want Titan to be the next great thing. A fresh start may be a better place to allocate resources for creating new lore.