Thread: Tanking addons

Tanking addons

I will soon be tanking for my 25 man. I have past tank experience and know the Death Knight class fairly well. My question to the community is, what tank addons do you all find useful/mandatory?

Blood Shield Tracker is the only addon that is useful to DK tanking only. Then there are addons like TellMeWhen or WeakAuras which can display your CD durations or procs.

Deleted
    Tidy Plates with Threat Plates best thing for tanking multiple mobs, for everything else you can use WeakAuras.

BST, whatever rune addon you prefer (DDR for me), and one of the following: TellMeWhen / WeakAuras / Power Auras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to necro this thread but, I don't really understand how to "read BST" like how do you know how big your shield will be? Somethimes the red bar tells me 200k heal, so I DS and then I get a shield of 300K, and sometimes it tells me 100k heal and it gives me a shield of 400k?

Maybe someone can bother to explain to me how to "read" / "use" this addon correctly.

Deleted
    I'm not sure how/if Blood Shield Tracker takes into consideration the 5 seconds damage-taken interval or the Scent of Blood stacks..

Tidy plates and threat plates

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Omen, Vengeance Status, and Blood Shield Tracker for my DK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nophixia View Post
    Sorry to necro this thread but, I don't really understand how to "read BST" like how do you know how big your shield will be? Somethimes the red bar tells me 200k heal, so I DS and then I get a shield of 300K, and sometimes it tells me 100k heal and it gives me a shield of 400k?

Maybe someone can bother to explain to me how to "read" / "use" this addon correctly.
    BST easy to read: When the bar turns green, your Death Strike is more than baseline. The bigger the number in the green bar, the more you lul at mobs.

I use Blood Shield Tracker, Weakauras, and Vuhdo. It gives me everything.

Another tangential addon that as a tank I love is Taunt Tattler Rehashed. It currently bugs and turns itself on if you /reload ui or relog with it off, but it is worth it to tell the hunters "yes, your pet is taunting, don't give me that shit."