Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    There's always winners and losers in every tier. Unfortunately, rogues are usually in the loser category.
    Huge fan of Rogue T15 actually. And their T12 was excellent as well. But yeah, other than those two, I would venture to say we haven't had a decent set since... Maybe vanilla, and even those are the vastly overrated ones like Bloodfang.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Gotta love transmog. If I like the gear offered in a tier I stick with it, if I dont I revert back to my transmog set. Sadly I have been wearing my transmog set a lot this expansion. Having seen next tier's set I think I may finally stay with the natural look of the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
    did you see t16? (not that it's 100% final)

It's not eye-shatteringly legendary epic, but it's not bad at all.

I hate transmog, but the Mage tier sets in MoP has forced me to use it. I've never had any tiers I've disliked until MoP. All 3 are garbage. Very disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Thankfully we have transmog to fix it huh? No really I'm actual thankful for that haha
    While i do agree transmogrify is massively awesome, that's no excuse for releasing crappy looking gear all the time. And i mean it; i don't like a single MoP hunter equipment piece.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Huge fan of Rogue T15 actually. And their T12 was excellent as well. But yeah, other than those two, I would venture to say we haven't had a decent set since... Maybe vanilla, and even those are the vastly overrated ones like Bloodfang.
    Agreed on all counts. T15 and T12 being good and Bloodfang being overrated. Also didn't mind Bonescythe and T13.

The T16 I've seen so far are horrendous. At least for the warlocks though, your Season 14 set is sick.

I use mage t5 always so it doesn't matter what the new loot looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Noun 1. subjectivity - judgment based on individual personal impressions and feelings and opinions rather than external facts
    Noun 1. forum - A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not he best, but its still not a bad set by any means. Im saying locks usually get the best sets imo.

Most all of the gear in this game looks like hell. It's been that way for a long time. Most of the artwork has the aesthetics of wallpaper. They take a theme and then paste it to all the pieces of a set. It's paint by the numbers.

They keep using the old original plate boot models.....even to this day... This one disturbs me to no end. The new plate boots should be used for every new set. And since it is the only nice boot model in the entire game, they should probably be using it for not only Plate, but also Mail, Leather and Cloth... At least until they get new models for the others.

Everyone has these ridiculously large shoulder pads. Even casters.........with robes........have ridiculously large shoulder pads.... Seriously, that just looks terrible. You can't make that look good. Every class looks the same because of this design "feature".

Where are the metallic colors? Why can't we have Plate gear look more like actual metal? This would help to differentiate style between the classes.

These are just some of the things that annoy the hell out of me regarding gear in this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Noun 1. forum - A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
    I was trying to point out that art is one of the most subjective things you can think of, so pretty much there's always going to be tons of people that love it and tons of people that hate it, it's just the nature of it, maybe if he had been more specific instead of simply saying "tier sets look like crap".

Deleted
    Aaaaaaand another post on the realm of *extremely subjective* yeee haaa.
    These post absolutely do not happen since the introduction of tier sets with Molten Core in Vanilla. Absolutely not.
    (I like the Shaman PvP set. <3 want)

I still remember mages complaining about Netherwind because the pattern on the chest reminded them of a bunny (and there were some smart people actually phothoshopping the bunny, which honestly was hilarious)
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2013-06-18 at 01:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last Mage set I liked was T13. The only MoP set I think looks good is challenge armor.

That's really the only one. People talk shit on sets like T11, but the reality of it is locks have always gotten really cool tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage T16 reminds me too much of T.. 13 i think it was? whatever the DS one was.

The Warlock set looks ok. hunter looks like a joystick.

Now Priest Season 14, dang. thats one purdy set.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    While we are on this subject lets talk about why warlocks never have a bad tier set.
    Because it's almost impossible to design Warlocky-looking armor without it being awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    All down to taste I think, I've never liked Bloodfang myself. And I couldn't mog out of T12 fast enough, ick.

I kind of like the goofy tier 1 set. Deathmantle was my long time favourite, gotta love the Dr Doom helm. Kind of liked being a gheist in ICC. T11 was pretty good (though I preferred my Tsanga's helm with the druid skin to the mummy helmet). Being Batman in DS was pretty cool though I didn't much like the colour scheme or the chest. I actually preferred the PVP gear that season! T14 was cool, T15 is okay but not thrilled about the colours either.

My biggest gripe with Rogue tiers is that I loved the Alliance tier 9 but I play Horde!

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 05:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I still remember mages complaining about Netherwind because the pattern on the chest reminded them of a bunny (and there were some smart people actually phothoshopping the bunny, which honestly was hilarious)
    Well now I can't un-see that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

subjective matter is subjective.

whowuddavthunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry in advance for the long-winded speech.

I think most people have an issue with the design and coloring, rather than the actual artistic style.

If you take a look at some of the older Vanilla / BC sets, you see that most gear is rather simple and conforms to the look of the model itself with mostly just a basic design. It's a lot like how Rabbits are one of the lowest poly models in the game, yet look remarkably fluid because of how they designed it.

Eversince Wrath, sets have taken on this new look that doesn't play well with the simplistic nature of how gear conforms to the model. If the flair and details were 3D Modelled, like how there's ropes and separate pieces on a lot of gear these days - if these were separated from the base texture, it would probably look amazing.

But right now, designs are too cluttered. There's simply too much going on in each piece, to the point where you can't see the forest through the trees. The most popular sets are always the ones that have some simplicity and a basic visual style that gives each set its own personality.

Aside from that, I think we need to go back to lighter colors, I'm tired of seeing brown sets everywhere. Not to mention some sets simply don't look like plate/leather/mail sets anymore. A Mage set one tier can be the basis for a plate set in another tier. There's no consistency.

Art is subjective, but when it comes to artistic design there's many different things you can do to make it look more appealing. I think the set designers need to go back to that.

Hunter T16 looks like complete trash to me and I will DEFINITELY be transmogging.

Bad? Some maybe can't really argue since I don't really dislike most, but silly? Yeah I feel like a couple of the warlock tiers look a bit silly.